Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TCG] A conundrum
I have a conundrum. Iwant to collect pokemon cards. I don't think I will ever do the TCG tournaments ver. That being said, I want to collect cards, but english cards seem a lot priceir than cards from countries like japan and korea. Should I try for english cards or go for foreign cards?

Sincerely, Lady Shanna
Personally, I would say to go for the American cards. Just realize that no matter what option you choose, you will have to take shipping costs into consideration as well. Cards (especially booster boxes) are HEAVY and since the postal service price is determined by weight you will be paying more than you think you should to ship things.

As someone who started collecting Pokemon cards when my funds were low, there are very cost effective ways to collect sets. The biggest rule is to buy in bulk whenever you can. It's going to cost you more up front, but will save you money down the line. Getting things like booster boxes will increase pull rates and give you pretty much all of the commons and uncommons. Also browse sites like Ebay and Amazon. Sometimes people post cards for low prices because they don't know what they are worth. You can also check local card shops and things too to try and get your hands on some cards.

Hope that helps and good luck! Smile
(Jul 28, 2015, 08:49 AM)OfftheDeepEnd Wrote: Personally, I would say to go for the American cards. Just realize that no matter what option you choose, you will have to take shipping costs into consideration as well. Cards (especially booster boxes) are HEAVY and since the postal service price is determined by weight you will be paying more than you think you should to ship things.

As someone who started collecting Pokemon cards when my funds were low, there are very cost effective ways to collect sets. The biggest rule is to buy in bulk whenever you can. It's going to cost you more up front, but will save you money down the line. Getting things like booster boxes will increase pull rates and give you pretty much all of the commons and uncommons. Also browse sites like Ebay and Amazon. Sometimes people post cards for low prices because they don't know what they are worth. You can also check local card shops and things too to try and get your hands on some cards.

Hope that helps and good luck!  Smile

Thanks for responding! I am probably going to get american cards. As for shipping I am aware of that as I do a lot of online shopping anyhow for a lot of things anymore. As for card shops sadly the best one closed and it was almost purely a Magic the Gathering Shop and War Hammer 40k shop (which is why we went). Beyond that almost no shops in the srea sell outside of MTG and are horribly overpriced in comparision (as much as 15-30 percent overpriced.). LOoks like ebay will be my friend