Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TEAM REPORT] My 5 Favourite OR/AS OU Teams (Farewell Gen 6!)
Hi! Since we are near the end of the generation, you shall be blessed with some lordsquads by the g8est oras ou player of all time I decided to showcase my 5 best/favourites OR/AS OU teams. Building teams has always been my favourite aspect of competitive Pokémon, and I enjoy making teams around fun/unique Pokémon and also efficient/cookie-cutter teams to ladder and get points quickly. Without further ado, let's get right into the teams!

PS: All of my teams are named after songs, there will be links to those in the title of each team if you want some music while reading (because there is a lot to read).

[Image: 006-mega.png] [Image: 184.png] [Image: 381.png] [Image: 479_02.png] [Image: 645_01.png] [Image: 385.png]

Probably the best all-around team that is showcased in that thread, this team even won me a tournament. This team, which is a bulky offense, uses the VoltTurn strategy to wear down the opposing team and gain momentum during the battle by constantly switching and chipping at the opponent's team at the same time. Also, since you can basically get in an ideal matchup most of the time with VoltTurn, it's really easy to get in Charizard-X, Dragon Dance up and then proceed to sweep, which is also made easier by the fact that defensive cores will often end up weakened by the constant chip damage from VoltTurn. Rotom-W and Lando-T are staples on VoltTurn teams and bulky offense in general because of their impressive synergy and defensive capabilities. The Rotom set is a bit unique; I decided to add a bit of speed to outspeed Adamant Bisharp and Modest Volcanion, since I can either use Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave them before they can attack, making these threats easier to deal with. Thunder Wave might seem odd since double status Rotom is quite uncommon, but it has a useful niche in being able to Thunder Wave Pokémon that would use Rotom as set-up bait, such as Zard-X, and either make them slow enough to revenge kill them or just cripple them or just making them pretty much useless. Jirachi completes the VoltTurn core by adding a bit of speed to it, because while a slow Volt Switch/U-Turn can be incredibly useful, having the option of switching while dealing chip damage to the opposing Pokémon is really great. Charizard-X is the main abuser of VoltTurn, since it can get free and safe switches and the chip damages allows to score some important KOs on Pokémon that wouldn't have been KOed and thus could stop the (potential) sweep. It is also great to just punch holes through teams, allowing Azumarill to clean up. Speaking of Azumarill, it has incredible synergy with Charizard since they can beat each others' checks/counters, and Azumarill is often very useful in removing walls with a powerful Choice Banded Play Rough, crippling stuff with Knock Off (note: Superpower is an option over Knock Off, but Charizard deals well enough with it and so I thought that Knock Off was better for this team overall) or killing offensive threats with a powerful priority Aqua Jet. Finally, Latios was added to add some speed to the team, Defog away hazards to help out the team since it is based around switching, break past physical walls with a strong Draco Meteor and helping out with the Water (or should I say Keldeo) weakness of the team, which is now way more easier to handle. What I really like about this team is that it's effective against most playstyles, although stall can be troublesome (but not unbeatable luckily!).

Exportable:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

It's Raining Men

[Image: 186.png] [Image: 141.png] [Image: 230.png] [Image: 214-mega.png][Image: 598.png] [Image: 642_01.png]

If you know me well, you probably know I'm a big fan of weather in Pokémon due to me starting battling in Gen 5 where rain was literally everywhere, and my opinion hasn't changed since then. This is by far my favorite and most effective rain team, for a few reasons, but mostly because it can take on most playstyles in OR/AS OU: Rain has always had its best matchup against offensive teams since Kingdra/Kabutops and other Swift Swim users can all outspeed (under the rain, of course) and KO the frail offensive Pokémon, and Mega-Heracross absolutely thrashes balance and stall teams because of the combination of a huge attack stat and access to hard-hitting moves such as Close Combat, Rock Blast and Pin Missile. Politoed and Ferrothorn are the main defensive backbone of the team, Politoed being the rain setter and a generally decent support Pokémon while Ferrothorn is able to set up Stealth Rock and paralyze opposing Pokémon to allow the team to have a chance outside of rain, since Kingdra and Kabutops are pretty slow without the Swift Swim boost. Kingdra and Kabutops are arguably the best rain sweepers in the game, since Kingdra hits incredibly hard in the rain and Kabutops has access to Swords Dance and Aqua Jet, which allows it to sweep or weaken opposing teams even outside of rain, which is an important thing to have in a rain team. Kabutops can also run Low Kick over Aqua Jet for Ferrothorn or Rapid Spin over Swords Dance, but since I have Heracross for Ferro and my team isn't that weak to hazards, I don't think they are really necessary, although still useful. Mega-Heracross is super useful on Rain teams (and also on Sand teams) since it can beat balance/stall, which rain struggles against, and Grass Types. Substitute allows Hera to escape status and to take a hit even after a defense drop from Close Combat, which is why it's especially good against stall and balance, but Bullet Seed is also an option if you are afraid of Water Types. Finally, Thundurus-T is a fantastic late-game cleaner which also benefits from rain because of a now 100% accurate Thunder. It is also pretty useful since it gives me a wincon outside of rain since it can Agility against faster offensive teams and clean up or Nasty Plot up against slower teams and wallbreak. Thunderbolt is a good option over Thunder since it's more accurate outside of rain.

Exportable:

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Rest

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance/Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet/Low Kick

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute/Bullet Seed

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

Thundurus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

[Image: 460-mega.png] [Image: 461.png] [Image: 082.png] [Image: 381.png] [Image: 647_01.png] [Image: 645_01.png]

Remember when I was talking about fun teams with unique Pokémon? This is one of them. While it certainly isn't as good as the first two teams here, it's certainly a fun one to use because of the combination of Mega-Abomasnow, an underrated wallbreaker with nice coverage, and Magneton, a rare but useful pick. Abomasnow is the main wallbreaker of the team, hitting a ton of things in the tier for super effective damage and having limited switch-ins. But, even with Earthquake for Heatran, Steel-types are very troublesome, and Talonflame is also a scary foe; luckily, Magneton handles both of these. Magneton can trap and kill Steel types, such as Scizor, Ferrothorn and Skarmory, with Hidden Power Fire (or Thunderbolt in some cases) and, unlike its evolution Magnezone, it outspeeds Talonflame when holding a Choice Scarf and can either kill it with Thunderbolt or gain momentum by Volt Switching, so it's one of the best partner for Abomasnow. Another threat to Abomasnow's survival is Stealth Rock, removing 25% of its health everytime it switches in, so I added Latios to Defog the hazards and provide some speed to the team since Magneton is quite slow if it loses the Choice Scarf, not to mention its great Special Attack. Weavile and Keldeo complement Latios very well, forming a Dark/Fighting/Psychic core; Weavile can use Knock Off and Pursuit to remove Psychic types who can wall Latios and Keldeo and has access to priority in Ice Shard, Keldeo removes the Dark types that are annoying to Latios while also dealing with Mega-Lopunny, a very threatening Pokémon to my team, because of its Choice Scarf. Finally, Lando-T is the pivot of the team, setting up Stealth Rock and sponging hits from physical attackers such as M-Lopunny and Excadrill, while also making a VoltTurn Core with Magneton, which is especially useful to bring in Abomasnow safely. Abomasnow also appreciates prior damage to wallbreak effectively, making VoltTurn even more useful. While this team isn't as good as the other ones (loses to stall ;-; rip) and is a bit harder to use effectively, I still think it's really fun to use and I will always have a soft spot for it. NOTE: Choice Specs is a decent option on Keldeo if you're an absolute savage and if you don't care about Lopunny.

Exportable:

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

[Image: 036.png] [Image: 645_01.png] [Image: 006-mega-y.png] [Image: 380.png] [Image: 248.png] [Image: 530.png]

Twice the weather, twice the fun! You probably have seen several similar teams to this one if you play on the high ladder of Pokémon Showdown, because it is based around the core of Charizard-Y and Choice Banded Tyranitar, a core that has gotten really popular around July (when this team was made (don't worry though, it is still great)) because of its ability to defeat stall with relative ease; Charizard-Y bops every Pokémon on classic stall teams except for Chansey and Talonflame (the specially defensive set, to be precise), which are both handled by Tyranitar. Because of this, teams like this one are getting very popular. Sand Rush Excadrill is also a essential part of the core, since it is incredibly fast under the sand provided by Tyranitar, which gives the team a better matchup against offensive teams where several Pokémon can outspeed and KO the CharTar combo, which is fairly slow. Landorus-T's role on this team is, once again, being a pivot and a Stealth Rock setter while stopping physical threats like M-Lopunny. You might notice something odd on this Landorus set; it has HP Ice. While it is a very unconventional move, it really helps against opposing Landorus and Gliscor, but U-Turn is also a decent option over HP Ice. Now, Charizard is really weak to Stealth Rock, and since I'm running a Swords Dance set, I don't have room for Rapid Spin on Excadrill. The team is also pretty weak to Thundurus-I and Keldeo, but luckily Latias can take care of all of that; while it is a bad mon generally outclassed by Latios on offensive teams, Latias has a niche that makes it slightly better on this team (in my opinion) : it takes on Thundurus-I and Keldeo with more ease and it can use Healing Wish to bring back either of my attackers to full health while also removing status conditions, which can be the key to winning a game sometimes. It is also very useful to Defog away the hazards, keeping the whole team (especially Zard) healthier. Finally, Clefable fills a few roles; it is a great win cons once the team's wallbreakers are gone since it can pretty much Calm Mind+Thunder Wave its way to victory, and it also provides some speed control with the yellow magic Thunder Wave, which helps a lot CharTar against offensive, fast teams. What I like the most about this team is it's ability to win against every playstyle; offensive teams are frail and worn down quickly by Stealth Rock+Pursuit, and Excadrill being able to outspeed and kill a lot of threats in the tier allows for a decent matchup against offense, while balance and stall are dismantled by CharTar very, very easily. Probably the best team here alongside the first one.

NOTE: Some tweaks can be made to the sets; Clef can run Flamethrower over Thunder Wave, Latias can run Roost over Healing Wish and Excadrill can go Substitute over Rock Slide. Keep in mind that I listed the best sets in my opinion, with that being said.

Exportable:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]/U-Turn
- Stone Edge

NOTE: If running U-Turn, you should change the EVs to 248 HP / 240 Def /20 SpDef/ and the Speed IV to 30.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish/Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide/Substitute
- Swords Dance

[Image: 214.png] [Image: 642.png] [Image: 530.png] [Image: 490.png] [Image: 485.png] [Image: 428-mega.png]

This team, based around M-Lopunny and Scarfed Heracross fighting spam, is another one I really enjoyed using. It's an offensive team that can handle most, if not all playstyles. Heracross is a very cool but underated threat since it's often overshadowed by its Mega Evoltuion, but Heracross is still a very potent threat without its Mega Stone; many sets are viable, but the one I chose is the Scarf Moxie set. It's a set that allows it to punch holes through teams really quickly or to outright sweep weakened teams because of the Moxie boost, would it be an offensive team that got surprised by the Choice Scarf or a balanced team that got overwhelmed because of the Moxie boost. Meanwhile, M-Lopunny is also a fast Fighting Type, and even if it shares similar counters with Heracross, they will often get too weakened to be able to check them properly (which is the point of type spam, in fact: weakening their checks until one can sweep). Thundurus-I and Manaphy both share a similar role: they are able to break through balance and/or stall and remove bulky walls to allow a potential sweep from Heracross and/or M-Lopunny. These Pokémon all have trouble with Latios though, since they are either outspeed, can't do much against it or can't switch in; thus, to fix this issue, Heatran is there. Heatran is really useful to set up Stealth Rock, and it's also a decent trapper; since I'm running an offensive trapper set, Heatran can effectively trap Latios if it tries to Defog and then damage/KO it with HP Ice, and Earth Power is to catch opposing Heatran on the switch. Finally, like most offensive teams, this team gets worn down fairly quickly, and it really can't afford to because it's already frail and can't take much of a hit, so Defog/Rapid Spin support is highly recommended, thus why Excadrill is a great asset to this team; it can Rapid Spin away hazards and also outspeed a lot of things because of it's Choice Scarf. This team is really easy and fun to use, because it's a pretty straight-forward offense team and it while it requires predictions to use effectively, unlike with VolTurn, it is still fairly easy to use, even for beginners.

Exportable:

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

And that's it for Gen 6! OR/AS, you won't be missed at all because everyone is hyped for Sun/Moon. I guess you were kinda cool? Yeah not really. Eh. With that being said, thanks for reading, and uh, have a good day!
Great guide! A bunch of details, but very cool and enjoyable.

Harder, Better, Faster  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )​​​​​​​
(Nov 8, 2016, 08:23 PM)PhilTousi Wrote: Great guide! A bunch of details, but very cool and enjoyable.

Harder, Better, Faster  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )​​​​​​​

Thanks Smile
Just a question where did you get these pokemon icons from?