Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TOURNAMENT] Amethyst 0mega Presents: Little Hail Cup 2017!
[Image: vector-ice-type-pokemon-pattern.jpg]

Hello, everybody! It's 0kamii, and yes, you read that right! Amethyst 0mega is hosting its very first tournament!

After the huge turn-out of the Spooky Cup last month, the breeders of your favorite breeding guild wanted to step in and take our turn to try and bring the community here at PokémonForever even closer! Thus, it's been decided that the next site tournament is going to be in a new format that we've created known as Little Hail Cup! The rules for this new tournament are very simple, and you can find them below.

The Rules:
1.) Only unevolved Ice-Type pokémon are allowed.
2.) Pokémon that do not evolve (Delibird, Cryogonal, Rotom-Fridge, etc.) are banned.
3.) A pokémon immune to hail via ability is allowed, but ONLY if they possess that ability. It is otherwise banned.
4.) All applicable Smogon Clauses apply, including Evasion, Species, Item, Self-KO, Sleep, and One-hit KO.
5.) Tournament will be held in VGC-style Doubles format (level 50 all). Each match will be 4 v 4, best of 3.
6.) It is mandatory for every participating team to have one, and only one, legal hail setter (Vulpix-Alola, Snover, or Amaura).
7.) The tournament will be held on cart. By request, the tournament will be held on the Sun and Moon games, not Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
8.) Tournament will be held on Tuesday, December 19th at 2pm EST. Use Google to convert times if you're unsure of when 2pm is in your timezone.
9.) Have fun! Big Grin

Viable Pokémon (20):
[Image: vulpix-alola.png] [Image: snorunt.png] [Image: vanillite.png] [Image: cubchoo.png] [Image: bergmite.png]
[Image: sandshrew-alola.png] [Image: swinub.png] [Image: smoochum.png] [Image: spheal.png] [Image: snover.png]
[Image: amaura.png] [Image: seel.png] [Image: pineco.png] [Image: 412.png] [Image: sewaddle.png]
[Image: shellder.png] [Image: solosis.png] [Image: shelmet.png] [Image: vullaby.png] [Image: jangmo-o.png]

The Sneasel evolution line has been banned because it was originally intended to be an unevolving pokémon, and thus has a base stat total double that of the rest of the format. Snow Cloak is also prohibited under the Evasion clause, as not to leave battles to chance. Furthermore, the pokémon Seel, Shellder, Pineco, Burmy, Sewaddle, Solosis, Shelmet, Vullaby, and Jangmo-o are permitted to enter but ONLY if they have their immunizing abilities (i.e. Overcoat/Ice Body).

Little Hail Cup Speed Tier List:

Fastest: 60 - 65
Vulpix-Alola - 65
Smoochum - 65
Vullaby - 60

Fast: 40 - 50
Snorunt - 50
Swinub - 50
Amaura - 46
Jangmo-o - 45
Seel - 45

Medium: 40 - 44
Vanillite - 44
Sewaddle - 42
Cubchoo - 40
Sandshrew-Alola - 40
Snover - 40
Shellder - 40

Slow: 39 and Below
Burmy - 36
Bergmite - 28
Spheal - 25
Shelmet - 25
Solosis - 20
Pineco - 15

Feel free to post any and all cores for this format in the thread below. The popular ones will be added to the bottom of this post. With that, you all have several weeks to prepare, and I look forward the turn-out! Thanks so much for reading everyone! Link to the Challonge page for this tournament, once it's made, will be right here. There will be enough slots for 16 participants, and if you want to enter, the format for entry will be the same as the Spooky Cup, so simply post into the thread below with this info:

Friend Code:
IGN:
Discord Name:
Challonge Name:

Let's all have some fun this holiday season, and don't forget to PM me if you have any questions! Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Wait, we can host tournaments?

THAT'S AWESOME!!

Apologies if I'm just dumb and missed it if you stated it, but it is this on cart or through PS? And if it is on cart, does it make any difference at all that I only have SuMo and not USUM? 

Either way, this is an awesome idea and I can't wait for it to start!

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop
@ScottyThunder

Yes, thank you, Scotty. I missed those details and I'll add them to the rules in a minute.

The tournament will be held on cartridge, and yes, ideally USUM will be the games in use. However, if the majority of participants don't have USUM, then the hosting games will be switched to SM.

- 0kamii

P.S. There, updated. Thanks again, Scotty!

WHAT IS THIS?!?!?

I WANT THIS ON THE HOME PAGE STAT!

But this had to happen when I had just wonder traded about 2 boxes of slush rush sandshew breedjects  

Oh, and you best belive im entering if this is on SuMo
Mawr
#1: I'm totally doing this.

#2: I will not have UsUm by December 19. If I participate, it must be in SuMo.

#3: Frankly, I had no idea we were hosting a tournament. Next time, please inform all the members of Amethyst 0mega before you post in our name.

#4: No hard feelings, though. I forgive you! Wink

#5: Okay, I don't play Smogon.... what are the clauses?
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Are mons transferred from previous gens allowed? They were allowed in the Spooky Cup
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
@RetroTyphlosion

Hey, Retro!

I didn't say anything about it prior to for two main reasons. 1) While technically the guild is hosting, I'm the only member that's proctoring. So you guys, outside of participating if you choose, have nothing to do regarding the tournament. And 2) I wanted to surprise you! I got the approval a few days ago and I figured y'all would be ecstatic to hear the news!

In regards to the Smogon Clauses, they're not hard to explain. Go to Smogon's competitive page and give them a quick read. If you can't find them, I'll be glad to explain them.

Hope that clears things up, Retro!

- 0kamii

@PerchPond

Yes, they are. Though with the inclusion of move tutors, I don't know why you'd need to. But regardless, yes. Transfer mons are legal, just as long as they meet the above criteria. Okay?

- 0kamii

(Nov 27, 2017, 03:46 PM)0kamii Wrote: @PerchPond

Yes, they are. Though with the inclusion of move tutors, I don't know why you'd need to. But regardless, yes. Transfer mons are legal, just as long as they meet the above criteria. Okay?

- 0kamii
@0kamii Kappa I had something special in mind but I realized quickly that it wont work because of one of the rules but yeah I wont say what Wink
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
Seems like an intresting idea for a tornament  Smile 

Fortunatly I don't get out of school until the 20th, so rip.

Best wishes to anyone competing!