Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TUTORIAL] Pkhex for 11.3.0-36 using soundhax
(Dec 29, 2016, 03:18 PM)moo311 Wrote: I haven't seen a guide for this homebrew entry point so I think that I might make one.
You will need:
A 3ds (Old or new) or 2ds
A computer/laptop that can read SD cards
The app "Nintendo 3DS Sound" on your 3ds/2ds

**This will not work yet on any Korean 3ds or 2ds**

Steps:
1) Download the homebrew starter kit, JKSM, and Soundhax.
2) Extract the files and move the files to the root of your sd card
You shouldn't move all files though. Only move these following files. In the starter kit, move all files. In JKSM, move the 3ds and JKSV folders. In soundhax, open the folder and move all files except the readme file and the M4A files that you don't need. Select the one that applies to you (Soundhax-your region- New or old ds). Remember that 2ds count as old ds.
3) Go here and scroll down. Then download the otherapp that applies to you (11.2.0-35(your region E-Europe U-USA J-Japan K-Korea))
4) Rename it otherapp and move it to the root of your sd card.
5) Safely eject your sd card and put it back into your 3ds.
6) Open the sound app and look for the /SDSCARD folder.
7) Open it and select the "<3 nedwill 2016" file
**Note: During the first time, it has a high chance of not working. If it doesn't,completely turn off your 3ds/2ds by holding down the power button and try again.**
Stop here if don't want to pkhex and only want to open homebrew.
8) If it works, you should scroll down and see "JK's Save Manager".
9) Open it and select your game, pokemon sun or moon.
10) Press "Save Data Options"
11) Press "Export Save"
12) Yours most likely will only have "New". Press it.
13) Name it something you can remember like "Sun" or "Moon"
14) Press the button A once you are done and redo step 11.
15) Select the save you named and wait for the popup that says complete.
16) Press OK and turn off your 3ds/2ds. Take your SD card out also.
17) Make sure that you have pkhex if you want to use it. Here's the link --> https://projectpokemon.org/forums/files/file/1-pkhex/
18) Open pkhex and do whatever you want to do Smile
19) Once you're done, press "File", "Export SAV", and "Export Main".
20) Make sure that it's named "main" and save.
21) Eject your SD card and put it back into your 3ds/2ds.
22) Reopen homebrew and JKSM and press "Save Data Options".
23) This time, press "Import Save" and import the data you named (Ex. Sun, Moon, etc.)
24) Exit out of homebrew and JKSM and start your game Smile

If you feel like I missed something or something is unclear, feel free to pm me the question or comment regarding this post Smile

If you are a more visual person or if the steps sound confusing, here's a video you can watch --> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...9868,d.eWE

Thanks for the detailed guide.

Going to try this later today, but have a couple general questions.

1. Do I need to make sure that my 3DS doesn't update in the future? Would firmware updates make Soundhax not work, or worse, break my 3DS?

2. If I go on any Nintendo related app on my 3DS (such as the E-shop), is there a risk of getting caught and banned?

3. Is there a risk of getting banned from Pokemon S/M online play?
1) Try not to update. If you need to, it's best to wait until there's another way you can get into homebrew.
2) No, not at all.
3) I have personal experience. I was softbanned for less than 12 hours. You don't get banned from gameplay, only from using the internet for trading and such.
(Jan 9, 2017, 02:32 PM)moo311 Wrote: 1) Try not to update. If you need to, it's best to wait until there's another way you can get into homebrew.
2) No, not at all.
3) I have personal experience. I was softbanned for less than 12 hours. You don't get banned from gameplay, only from using the internet for trading and such.

I currently have 11.2.0-35 installed. So when Nintendo releases the next firmware update, SoundHax/PkHex won't work anymore? Do you need the latest firmware to be able to play Pokemon online?
@KokoChomp Pkhex will work, but soundhax will not work. You do need the latest firmware for online pokemon gameplay, so if you need to update, make sure to get whatever you need from pkhex, then update.
(Jan 9, 2017, 03:42 PM)KokoChomp Wrote: I currently have 11.2.0-35 installed. So when Nintendo releases the next firmware update, SoundHax/PkHex won't work anymore? Do you need the latest firmware to be able to play Pokemon online?

get a second 3ds for hacking only KappaHD
This is awesome! It works. :D
@moo311 i did everything right and the " <3 nedwill 2016" is there but everytime i access it everything goes okish and then a red screen. Is that supposed to happen?
Money cannot buy happiness, but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than a bicycle.

Previously Known as MistressGlaceon

uwu i can hacku
Thanks for the guide! I have a question, does this work with 6 gen games?  :D
╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆*:・゚
Sorry for bad English.
(Jan 26, 2017, 10:32 AM)Diegopj7 Wrote: Thanks for the guide! I have a question, does this work with 6 gen games?  :D
yes, you just have to have the pkhex that supports gen 1-7
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Previously known as Julia234
@Frost All i can say is for you to keep on trying or to make sure that your otherapp isn't named otherapp.bin.bin. It all depends on your computer.