Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

HGSS soft resetting info
Alright so it all started on July 26th @ 2:45pm. I started my hunt for a shiny Mewtwo in SoulSilver. Its been well over a month and I still haven't encountered one yet. I quit keeping track of my SRs still in July and I was over 7,000 when I stopped counting. I was wondering if something like this is normal? I'm probably well over 20,000 SRs now.

I'm wondering what all factors might hurt me trying to get this. Would switching systems matter? Does taking out the game to play something else matter? I understand there is alot of luck involved but I have pretty much have every legend in Alpha Sapphire shiny OT except 3 which I'm getting in Omega Ruby now for those legends and the 3 I've missed. Would having a bootleg game matter? Don't know if I do or not pretty sure its legit. Yes I know the shiny charm plays a huge factor into this but I've gotten Kyruem and Giratina both without the shiny charm and it took only about a week for each. Will Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Groudon, Kyogre, & Rayquaza be the same way to get shiny OT? Meaing will they take me months to get as well?

Any information that would help me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Okay, with my limited knowledge, having a Shiny Charm will help of course, but if you don't have one, then you don't need it. Because each time you enter a battle, there is a mutually exclusive chance of a shiny appearing, there is no telling how long it could take. It could be your very first try, it could literally be your millionth try. Because the shiny chance is mutually exclusive from one battle to another, you can do whatever you want, but it won't affect the outcome. There will still be a 1 in approximately 5quadrilliontrillionhexabillioninfinity (which is totally a real number) unless you have a shiny charm, then it is approximately 2quadrilliontrillionpentabillioninfinity (again, totally not over-exaggerating here. Nope, not at all). Good luck!
Thanks figured taking the game out wouldn't matter just thought I would ask. Appreciate it
So I just restarted my Heartgold to see if I could get a Shiny Starter. After only 255 soft resets, I got a shiny Totodile! I couldn't believe how fast I was able to get it!

I'd like to SR for a few more throughout my play through and was wondering if any of the legends are shiny locked? I'd hate to try and SR for a Ho-Oh or Mewtwo and find out after 15,000 SR that it's shiny locked.
Congrats on the shiny Totodile. Love being able to see if the starters are shiny before selecting in this game.

No of the legends in HGSS are shiny locked. I'm just hoping the birds don't take as long as it has for me to get Mewtwo.
(Sep 6, 2015, 06:44 PM)G Max Wrote: Congrats on the shiny Totodile. Love being able to see if the starters are shiny before selecting in this game.

No of the legends in HGSS are shiny locked.  I'm just hoping the birds don't take as long as it has for me to get Mewtwo.

Thank you! Yeah, I really like that feature in Heartgold, as well as the feature of having your Pokemon follow you around in game, and it looks so cool when they are shiny! I hope they bring that back in the future, it would look sweet in an XY/ORAS type game.

I'm going for a shiny Extremespeed Dratini at the moment, but I'm definitely going for Mewtwo later on. I may try the birds as well.

Good luck on your hunt!