Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

The Souls series (Dark/Demon souls)
So one of my favorite series of games are the Souls games. I've spent so much time with Dark souls 1 and Demon souls that I could play them with my eyes closed, but Dark souls 2 I wasn't as big a fan of. What are your guys thoughts on the souls series? Does anyone have any cool stories or interesting things to share? Whatever you guys do, remember to not praise me, but PRAISE THE SUN!
I really loved the Souls series, although I never got the chance to play Demon Souls, I loved the series :P, Dark Souls was my first game in the series and fell in love with the combat and story (that's vaguely there) and the achievement of beating the games. Dark Souls 2 was sort of a let down being slower than the previous one, but I do like how they took into account the fan feedback like dual wielding stances (although pretty broken), and patches for less broken combat (Bino-boosting... I loved it but not during pvp). Also I can't wait for their new IP, Bloodborne on PS4! Anybody getting it?  
Personally Demon souls is my favorite of the series, for so many different reasons. I definitely recommend anybody who hasn't played it yet to pick it up. When it comes to Dark souls II, I think one of the biggest let downs for me was when they kept showing it off before the games release to be a really dark, beautiful looking game and when we actually got it, it was like it was a completely different game than what we had been shown! Beyond that though, the gameplay is super fun and the new additions being dual wielding and so on are so good (broken like you said to an extent) that makes it possible for almost any play style with any weapon to be viable for atleast the story of the game, maybe not for the PVP aspect though. And yeah, super pumped for bloodborne! although it got delayed until march Sad
I'm a nub, I haven't played Demon's Souls cause no PS3.  :P
I never got to play Demon Souls or Dark Souls 1 but I got Dark Souls 2 for free and I really enjoyed it for a long time. I'm somewhat tempted to buy a ps4 for bloodborne and some other games but I'm gonna hold off for a bit longer. Bino-boosting was also hilarious when I saw Elajjaz doing it. Even saw it in pvp when two people were cosplaying as Sonic and Tails and didn't attack any invader, just ran around them.
Everyone who said they haven't played Demon Souls needs to get a PS3 right NAO! Lol, i'm only slightly kidding. Wink

In all seriousness though, Demon Souls is in my opinion THE BEST of the series and if you ever get the opportunity you really need to try it out.
Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 are my favorite action games. Never had a chance to play demon souls nor will i probably play bloodborne but I'm thinking about streaming a playthrough of both dark souls games cause I haven't played them in a while