Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[Themed Teams] Alice in Wonderland
I love the cute animals in Alice in Wonderland, and when I found out that you can replicate her outfit in Sun/Moon, I got the idea of doing a theme team based around the book's characters. I'm not done breeding/raising these guys yet, but this is what I've thought of so far: 
Wigglytuff
The White Rabbit
Ermm, well, the PINK rabbit.  But it's light-colored!  Close enough. Wigglytuff is the lead Pokemon because it's the first to appear in the book, and it's got a very versatile moveset (especially with tms.)

Gengar
The Cheshire Cat
Considering its looks, abilities, personality,and the perennial popularity of the book in Japan, I'm 99% sure that Gengar is actually an intentional Cheshire Cat reference.  It's also a great Pokemon,and has been since Gen 1.

[Image: scolipede.png]
The Caterpillar
As well as being a great bug-type, this is another one whose design may be an intentional Alice reference.  I like to think so!

[Image: shiinotic.png]
The Mushroom
Well...  Self-explanatory.  It looks kind of magical, doesn't it?

[Image: carracosta.png]
The Mock-Turtle
I thought about using Torkoal, but I really needed something to balance out my team's grass weakness (at the time,  Roserade and Whimsicott were both under consideration!) plus the Mock-turtle has a saltwater association in the book.  Ergo, a sea turtle! 

Jynx
The Red Queen
She does look kind of regal, doesn't she?  She's even wearing red!

Thoughts?
Why don't you use a shiny Mr. Mime as the mad hatter? The green somewhat resembles his outfit, and he's better known than the magic mushroom... Wink
I'm back again.
(Nov 17, 2017, 01:15 PM)Mr. Ultracool Wrote: Why don't you use a shiny Mr. Mime as the mad hatter? The green somewhat resembles his outfit, and he's better known than the magic mushroom... Wink

I thought about using him...  Probably a good idea, but I have this weird phobia of Mr. Mime. ;u;  I think it's the hair.  I may use one anyway though, especially since I'm breeding most of them first in X.
Cool team, 3 of some of my favorite mons 2 Smile
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
Why don't you just use Mime Jr. then? Or, perhaps a Lopunny for the March Hare? Or a Dedenne as the Dormouse?
I'm back again.
(Nov 17, 2017, 01:36 PM)Mr. Ultracool Wrote: Why don't you just use Mime Jr. then? Or, perhaps a Lopunny for the March Hare? Or a Dedenne as the Dormouse?

All solid ideas!  I'll think of Dedenne especially.

I want the team to be at least sooooort of viable, so I'm trying to avoid unevolved forms (unless they're eviolite-good, like Porygon2.)
Would Sigilyph be a good Jubjub bird..?  It's pretty frightening but also cool.  Maybe Gallade for the White Knight..?
Then how about Dragalge as the Jabberwock? It's got the tassels/horns common to depictions of it.

Maybe Aegislash as the Vorpal blade then?
I'm back again.
Roserade
OU MASTER RACE
It's been a while since I read AiW, but wasn't there a dodo bird?
OU MASTER RACE