Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Easy Mode for catching Terrakion
While Soft Resetting for a competitive IV'd Terrakion, I noticed that in its movepool contained Swords Dance. So with that, I decided to use a little shenanagins to make my captures a little easier.

I happen to have a Spinda with Skill Swap and Trick, and it also has the Contrary Ability, so what better way to mess with a legendary then to Skill Swap Contrary onto Terrakion making it so that every time it decided to Swords dance to lower its own Attack by 2 stages, but my shenanigans didn't end there. I also used Trick to put my Choice Scarf onto it so that it can only use Swords dance. Just have to use trick a few times till it decided to get stuck in a never ending loop of Dances. But once it was it was game over for the poor Terrakion.

Granted this method may take a bit longer, I feel it makes things much safer then trying to throw pokeballs at a +6 Terrakion attaking with Sacred Sword and Retaliate.

I hope this helps everyone make trying to catch this popular VGC15 pokemon a little easier
I like this, I suppose this could be useful for other 'status' spamming legendaries. What happens to a mon wearing a choice item and they run out of PP? do they struggle or do they get to pick another move?
I actually haven't gotten that far that he ran out of op on a move he was choice into. I used struck again after his attack was lowered to the maximum just incase he did use struggle, but I didn't want to find out. I did enjoy trolling him though.
If the poke is choice item'd, and the move it is stuck on runs out of PP then yes, it will use struggle. I had it happen before in a battle with a friend with my moxie Heracross :P
You can just use a ghost type and it can't attack you, although this will apply to certain legendaries only.