Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[US/UM] Tips on filling out your Pokédex
Hi!
One of the major objectives in a Pokémon game is to complete the Pokédex in order to get the Shiny Carm to make shiny hunting easier.
Alot of people seem to underestimate or not be aware of how much you can actually do with just one 3DS and S/M and USUM alone.
If you have 2 or more 3DS' and access to gen 6 games aswell as S/M and USUM then it's ofc very easy.
But these pointers are for what you can do with just one 3DS and the gen 7 games.

With the release of USUM, this is a hot topic, so here are some pointers to help you out:

I suggest to start with all the Pokémon that you can catch in-game. Systemizing your hunt makes it easier to go through, I usually go by the Pokédex number, look up the routes where the Pokémon are (Bulbapedia is my go-to source for this) then catch them and move on to the next. Fill up properly on Quick Balls, Dusk Balls and Ultra Balls to make catching as efficient and fast as possible.

If you have Sun or Moon, you can actually trade-evolve with yourself using the GTS with only one 3DS. Deposit a bad pokémon like a Caterpie from route 1 onto the GTS in a USUM game requesting for eaxample a Machoke. Switch games to Sun or Moon, find the Caterpie (name it something so u know which one it is faster) then simply offer a Machoke from your S/M game for the Caterpie and voilá, u have a Machamp in USUM.

This can be done for UBs and other version exclusives aswell, as long as u have them in S/M. Just make sure to send the bad Pokémon to the GTS first and not the legendary so that it wont get sniped. Worst case u get someone elses legendary for a route 1 Caterpie. So Caterpie looking for Thundurus and not Thundurus looking for Caterpie. Important!

The Wonder Trade is good for getting random Pokémon to fill up your Dex aswell, but it's really inaccurate and can be frustrating.

Feel free to comment on more tips that you use to fill your Pokédex that I've missed here.

Cheers, hope it helped at least somewhat!
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda