Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[FUN] VGC battle!
Wanna try out my team, hopefully receive some feedback as well! Reply if interested Smile
That was a very, very good battle. The taunt at the beginning really threw me off guard. It is something I should definitely anticipate more.

I think you have a very solid team and to be honest, I wouldn't change any of them seeing as I am sure they all play a specific role.I would have definitely lost that game if it weren't for 2 notable mistakes I saw.

The first mistake you made was burning , my guts Hariyama. That gave me the extra momentum I needed to keep pressure on your Sableye. Plus, i am running a slightly more defensive Hariyama, so I may have not been able to KO your Mega Kanghaskan depending on how bulky you were. The second one was the 2nd last turn, you protected with your Noivern and attacked with Metagross. I targeted down Metagross because your Metagross was definitely the biggest threat, with your Noivern being at -2. I don't know damage calcs, but you should have definitely attacked with both pokemons that turn for a winning chance.

Hmm, can I ask what attacks are on your Noivern? Idk if I missed it or not, but it was protect, draco meteor, taunt, and I may have missed the last one. I do hope it is another attacking move though, since no matter what, even if you are up against a fairy pokemon, you always want to have a chance of winning. In the end, I think you have a very good VGC team. I am not too sure about your EV investments, but your pokemon seem to take hits well, and deal massive damage too. I think you just need to be careful with your plays. Know when is the right time to exert pressure and be familiar with other pokemons' abilities.
(Apr 10, 2015, 04:09 PM)Vietflame Wrote: That was a very, very good battle. The taunt at the beginning really threw me off guard. It is something I should definitely anticipate more.

I think you have a very solid team and to be honest, I wouldn't change any of them seeing as I am sure they all play a specific role.I would have definitely lost that game if it weren't for 2 notable mistakes I saw.

The first mistake you made was burning , my guts Hariyama. That gave me the extra momentum I needed to keep pressure on your Sableye. Plus, i am running a slightly more defensive Hariyama, so I may have not been able to KO your Mega Kanghaskan depending on how bulky you were. The second one was the 2nd last turn, you protected with your Noivern and attacked with Metagross. I targeted down Metagross because your Metagross was definitely the biggest threat, with your Noivern being at -2. I don't know damage calcs, but you should have definitely attacked with both pokemons that turn for a winning chance.

Hmm, can I ask what attacks are on your Noivern? Idk if I missed it or not, but it was protect, draco meteor, taunt, and I may have missed the last one. I do hope it is another attacking move though, since no matter what, even if you are up against a fairy pokemon, you always want to have a chance of winning. In the end, I think you have a very good VGC team. I am not too sure about your EV investments, but your pokemon seem to take hits well, and deal massive damage too. I think you just need to be careful with your plays. Know when is the right time to exert pressure and be familiar with other pokemons' abilities.

Thanks for the feedback, I did enjoy that battle a lot! Your observations are pretty accurate and I agree with them, I'll make sure to stop looking so much at my team and start practicing more. :D

The last move on my Noivern you didn't see is Whirlwind. I didn't use it cause you were running a TR team, so there was no need. While it does leave my Noivern very vulnerable to Faeries, it helps a lot in some match ups.
I would personally change 1 passive move on that noivern for a damage one for instances like our battle Smile

If anyone out there is looking for VGC practice, I would give this guy a chance. You'll definitely have a challenge.
(Apr 10, 2015, 05:00 PM)Vietflame Wrote: I would personally change 1 passive move on that noivern for a damage one for instances like our battle Smile

If anyone out there is looking for VGC practice, I would give this guy a chance. You'll definitely have a challenge.

Yeah, I'll definitely try a few changes to see which move I'll miss the least, and which attack I'll use the most. Thanks for everything Smile