Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Tapu Koko- Physical Attacker?!-With RetroTyphlosion
(Jun 14, 2017, 05:21 PM)stephenWITNESS Wrote: I wonder what would happen if Nintendo released an event Tapu Koko with play rough?

@stephenWITNESS Honestly, I thought Tapu Koko got Play Rough (or at least I fantasized that it did). If it did, it would become the ultimate physical attacker.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
(Jun 14, 2017, 05:21 PM)stephenWITNESS Wrote: I wonder what would happen if Nintendo released an event Tapu Koko with play rough?

I wonder what would happen if there is a move tutor in Ultra Sun and Moon that teaches Play Rough and Thunder Punch and Tapu Koko can learn both? XD
What is a signature and how do I get one?
Well, @RetroTyphlosion, I have always insisted that the element of surprise in key to any fight, and that holds true in pokémon. If you think that having a hard-hitting physical Tapu Koko is enough to catch the opponent off-guard, enough to win, then I won't knock it until I try it. Though, I may have to reset my game in order to get another one. The only two I have are for my Special set, and my living dex. But I'm sure I'll think of something.

By the way, your opening paragraph feels awfully similar to the way I do mine. Is there something you want to tell me? Wink

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

(Jun 15, 2017, 02:23 PM)0kamii Wrote: Well, @RetroTyphlosion, I have always insisted that the element of surprise in key to any fight, and that holds true in pokémon. If you think that having a hard-hitting physical Tapu Koko is enough to catch the opponent off-guard, enough to win, then I won't knock it until I try it. Though, I may have to reset my game in order to get another one. The only two I have are for my Special set, and my living dex. But I'm sure I'll think of something.

By the way, your opening paragraph feels awfully similar to the way I do mine. Is there something you want to tell me? Wink

- 0kamii
@0kamii Well, good luck with your Tapu Koko problem. Maybe Try looking around the forums?
Oh, and about my opening paragraph, I was not trying to copy you in any way. I suppose we just write in similar ways. Though, frankly, I probably read your sets more than anyone else's, and I was looking at one of your sets as I was writing this one (I needed a template, I've never written one of these before, and I needed to know how to correctly do it). Hopefully you aren't offended.
-RetroTyphlosion

@RetroTyphlosion

I'm just teasing you, Retro. I'm not offended or agnry in anyway, I just noticed some similarities and thought I'd point it out. No harm done, I promise. Anyway, I think I will do some browsing for a Tapu Koko, but in the meantime you had better finish your Trick Room team. Kili and the rest of my Emolga team are ripe and ready to go. I still don't know if I want to post tomorrow, or next week, but either way the time is drawing near. I hope you and everyone else that wants to battle me is ready! Cool

- 0kamii

(Jun 15, 2017, 04:07 PM)0kamii Wrote: @RetroTyphlosion

I'm just teasing you, Retro. I'm not offended or agnry in anyway, I just noticed some similarities and thought I'd point it out. No harm done, I promise. Anyway, I think I will do some browsing for a Tapu Koko, but in the meantime you had better finish your Trick Room team. Kili and the rest of my Emolga team are ripe and ready to go. I still don't know if I want to post tomorrow, or next week, but either way the time is drawing near. I hope you and everyone else that wants to battle me is ready! Cool

- 0kamii

@0kamii Well, I have finished MEMEkyu, and I have bred Dewpider (who I am currently ev training, and, by the way, he is nicknamed Tarantula) and Shellos( who isn't nicknamed, so, if you have any ideas) . I haven't even started on Oranguru though......

In that case, @RetroTyphlosion, I'll wait until Monday to post that battle request thread. I'm sure everyone else will need time to prepare, should they want to battle me anyway. Also, make sure you send me those movesets for your Fossil mons so we can get to breeding them. We've talked about out event all week, and I think it's about time we got started. I'd love to see what you've come up with.

- 0kami

(Jun 14, 2017, 09:08 AM)0kamii Wrote: If you would allow me to play devil's advocate, what benefits are there to using a physical Tapu Koko as opposed to a special one? Why should I bother when the special variant is already well-established and very effective in VGC? Wink
The answer to this question should be in the first line of the page. xD
Physical Tapu Koko has the ability of handle a lot of common pokémon better than special version. Here some calcs:

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ninetales-Alola in Electric Terrain: 122-146 (82.4 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ninetales in Electric Terrain: 135-159 (91.2 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Nihilego in Electric Terrain: 76-90 (41.3 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Nihilego in Electric Terrain: 190-225 (103.2 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Milotic in Electric Terrain: 120-144 (59.4 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Milotic in Electric Terrain: 176-210 (87.1 - 103.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Lele in Electric Terrain: 84-100 (57.9 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele in Electric Terrain: 135-159 (93.1 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 55-66 (37.9 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tapu Koko Supersonic Skystrike (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Bulu: 178-210 (122.7 - 144.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

With ANinetales support (or just Zap Plate) almost all Wild Charge's OHKOs are guaranted. The power of SS using Brave Bird as base move should not be underrated, but even Electrium Z is a great way to lure common special Koko's checks.

(Jun 13, 2017, 08:15 AM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote:
Set No. 1
Electrium Z
Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Nature: Lonely
Ev's: 252 Atk, 128 SpA, 128 Spe
Moveset:
Protect/Roost
Wild Charge
Sky Drop
Thunderbolt
In this set there are 8 wasted EVs: with odd IVs, at lv50 124 EVs have the same effect of 128. Furthermore I don't think Roost can be never preferable to Protect, mostly for a non-defensively EVsed pokémon wich is O/2HKOed from almost all the tier. At last Sky Drop would be endlessly more effective outspeeding at least max Spe Gengar/Espeon/ARaichu.
@Spyro190 That's interesting. I didn't realize there were wasted ev's. I will edit the set! And yes, I see your point on Roost. Protect is probably more effective, yet I know there are people out there that prefer to heal, not protect (myself, for instance), but you're right, and I appreciate the feedback!  Big Grin