Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Who here collects figures?
[Image: IMG_20150730_234748_zps0lpru3d3.jpg]

Sorry for the grainy image, I have a mediocre camera on my phone. This is most of what I have currently.

The tall Rei Ayanami is a somewhat rare find that my buddy got me in Japan the last time he went.

The poison Ivy is the newest addition and the one I paid the most for in one go. It's a limited numbered reprint, but I only found that out after I got it. (I thought it was the original which I had not seen online.)

The other three are Kotobukiya Bishoujo figures I have been getting. You can find nice Kotobukiya statues for as little as $50 on amazon, but I get them from my local comic book store for retail ($69.99). The Power Girl was a lucky find. It goes for about $400 for the American version on Amazon, I got mine for $70. The other two are new releases so they're still at their retail price.

The little Rei is just a cheap vending machine gashapon from Japan that sits on my desk.

I just placed my pre-order for the Kotobukiya ArtFXJ Ken Kaneki and Kotobukiya Marvel Wasp Bishoujo.

You don't have to spend a lot of money to get nice figures. I choose to pay a little extra and support my local comic book store, and sometimes they end up having hidden little gems, like the Power Girl I got.
(Jul 30, 2015, 09:58 PM)Vectorshot Wrote: [Image: IMG_20150730_234748_zps0lpru3d3.jpg]

Sorry for the grainy image, I have a mediocre camera on my phone. This is most of what I have currently.

The tall Rei Ayanami is a somewhat rare find that my buddy got me in Japan the last time he went.

The poison Ivy is the newest addition and the one I paid the most for in one go. It's a limited numbered reprint, but I only found that out after I got it. (I thought it was the original which I had not seen online.)

The other three are Kotobukiya Bishoujo figures I have been getting. You can find nice Kotobukiya statues for as little as $50 on amazon, but I get them from my local comic book store for retail ($69.99). The Power Girl was a lucky find. It goes for about $400 for the American version on Amazon, I got mine for $70. The other two are new releases so they're still at their retail price.

The little Rei is just a cheap vending machine gashapon from Japan that sits on my desk.

I just placed my pre-order for the Kotobukiya ArtFXJ Ken Kaneki and Kotobukiya Marvel Wasp Bishoujo.

You don't have to spend a lot of money to get nice figures. I choose to pay a little extra and support my local comic book store, and sometimes they end up having hidden little gems, like the Power Girl I got.

That powergirl one looks dope, have you got a link for it?
This is the cheapest Japanese Import version on Amazon and this is the American Release that I have. There is no real difference between the two. Power Girl is an older statue and it's good quality, but the latest figures from Kotobukiya have come a long way. There is noticeable improvement in the quality of the figures. If you ever get the chance to compare the older ones with the latest figures you will see exactly what I'm talking about.