Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Who is your favourite gym leader?
Hey! I thought I would create a post asking who is your favourite gym leader? You can also include Elite four if you like too Smile I will tell and explain who are my favourite gym leaders, I wont go through all of the regions as that would take forever but I will name a few who I find particulary interesting.

I hope to get some interaction and feedback within the community and I look forward to reading your replies in the comment section! Feel free to leave a +1 but theres no pressure Smile

My favourite Kanto gym leader is :

Misty

[Image: 97?cb=20140711192950]

I have always loved Misty since watching the anime when I was really young! She will always be number 1 bae in my eyes! My first game was pokemon Yellow and I loved that it followed the anime, especially Misty having a Staryu and a Starmie. Theres just something about Misty, she is tomboyish, shes stubborn and she is fiery, but then she can be sweet and kind especially to her pokemon, she is a complete character and she will always be a character that we want to see return! Misty is love, Misty is life <3

I have too many favourite gym leaders from the Kanto region, I could of named any of them I like them all for there own reasons but there is another gym leader from this region that really stands out to me!

Sabrina

[Image: 119?cb=20140711192947]

Sabrina, she is mysterious and she has had psychic powers ever since she was a child, when she accidentally bent a spoon. She apparently dislikes battling, but is hard to beat because she can communicate with her Pokémon telepathically. This just instantly makes her memorable and unique, she has a real bond with her psychic pokemon. She owns the full Abra evolution line in the games and I remember her being super hard to beat.

Moving onto the next region, my favourite gym leader from the Johto region is:

Whitney

[Image: 162?cb=20140712082354]

Whitney has an energetic, chaotic personality. She is very kind, but also loud and cocky. I have only mentioned her because of the gold, silver and crystal games! She steam rolled my entire team, I think I must of battled her at least 4 times! Her dreaded Miltank, with attract, milk drink and rollout! I couldnt do anything against it, I think my entire team would become infatuated and then get KO'd by rollout, it was a traumatic experience and thats why she is mentioned because of how badass she is!

Moving onto the Hoenn region, my favourite gym leader is:

Flannery

[Image: 127?cb=20140715010215]

Flannery's title is "One with a fiery passion that burns!" Her passion for Pokémon burns stronger and hotter than a volcano. She is admired for her beauty and strength. She's only been Gym Leader for a short time, and she tries to act intimidating but can't quite get it right. She is a gym leader with some character about her, she is funny and outgoing! Shes a gym leader you can relate too! Her fire pokemon are smoking hot just like she is Wink She deserves a place on the list for being quirky!

Skipping a few regions we are heading to the Kalos region. My favourite gym leader here is:

Viola

[Image: 88?cb=20140718173723]

Viola, she is a character which I found personally to be really funny and energetic! She carries a camera around with her and is always ready for a photo-op, very similar to me, Im an art student and I always have a camera with me to take interesting photos. Viola seems to love taking photos of precious memories. One of my favourite quotes is "That determined expression… That glint in your eye that says you're up to the challenge… It's fantastic! Just fantastic! Is this your first time challenging a Gym? Fantastic! Whether it's the tears of frustration that follow a loss or the blossoming of joy that comes with victory… They're both great subjects for my camera! Fantastic! This'll be just fantastic! Now come at me! My lens is always focused on victory—I won't let anything ruin this shot!" I love the amount of photography references and puns, at first I thought it was really dry humour but now I find it pretty hilarious! She used bug pokemon too which is a huge plus!

This concludes my favourite gym leaders! Thank you for reading my post and I really do look forward to reading your comments!
Bright_Shadow21
FLANNERY IS THE ULTIMATE WAIFU
(Nov 6, 2015, 10:44 AM)bamman Wrote: FLANNERY IS THE ULTIMATE WAIFU

My man knows!! Misty is bae though!
My reply won't be near as extensive and thought out as yours... but honestly, I'd have to say one of my favorites is Winona. She is just so freakin' cute I can't get over it. I love her character design. Plus Altaria is bae. ♥

[Image: 34882207ab8726e80c869e92fb1be8d8.jpg]
Sylveon, use destroy everything!
It's super effective ~♥
(Nov 6, 2015, 10:58 AM)PrincessSylveon Wrote: My reply won't be near as extensive and thought out as yours... but honestly, I'd have to say one of my favorites is Winona. She is just so freakin' cute I can't get over it. I love her character design. Plus Altaria is bae. ♥

Winona is pretty cute to be honest! that is definitely a good choice! she uses a skarmory too in the game that has sand attack, which is defintely rather annoying!
(Nov 6, 2015, 09:35 AM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote: Hey! I thought I would create a post asking who is your favourite gym leader? You can also include Elite four if you like too Smile I will tell and explain who are my favourite gym leaders, I wont go through all of the regions as that would take forever but I will name a few who I find particulary interesting.

I hope to get some interaction and feedback within the community and I look forward to reading your replies in the comment section! Feel free to leave a +1 but theres no pressure Smile

My favourite Kanto gym leader is :

Misty

I have always loved Misty since watching the anime when I was really young! She will always be number 1 bae in my eyes! My first game was pokemon Yellow and I loved that it followed the anime, especially Misty having a Staryu and a Starmie. Theres just something about Misty, she is tomboyish, shes stubborn and she is fiery, but then she can be sweet and kind especially to her pokemon, she is a complete character and she will always be a character that we want to see return! Misty is love, Misty is life <3

I have too many favourite gym leaders from the Kanto region, I could of named any of them I like them all for there own reasons but there is another gym leader from this region that really stands out to me!

Sabrina

[Image: 119?cb=20140711192947]

Sabrina, she is mysterious and she has had psychic powers ever since she was a child, when she accidentally bent a spoon. She apparently dislikes battling, but is hard to beat because she can communicate with her Pokémon telepathically. This just instantly makes her memorable and unique, she has a real bond with her psychic pokemon. She owns the full Abra evolution line in the games and I remember her being super hard to beat.

Moving onto the next region, my favourite gym leader from the Johto region is:

Whitney

[Image: 162?cb=20140712082354]

Whitney has an energetic, chaotic personality. She is very kind, but also loud and cocky. I have only mentioned her because of the gold, silver and crystal games! She steam rolled my entire team, I think I must of battled her at least 4 times! Her dreaded Miltank, with attract, milk drink and rollout! I couldnt do anything against it, I think my entire team would become infatuated and then get KO'd by rollout, it was a traumatic experience and thats why she is mentioned because of how badass she is!

Moving onto the Hoenn region, my favourite gym leader is:

Flannery

[Image: 127?cb=20140715010215]

Flannery's title is "One with a fiery passion that burns!" Her passion for Pokémon burns stronger and hotter than a volcano. She is admired for her beauty and strength. She's only been Gym Leader for a short time, and she tries to act intimidating but can't quite get it right. She is a gym leader with some character about her, she is funny and outgoing! Shes a gym leader you can relate too! Her fire pokemon are smoking hot just like she is Wink She deserves a place on the list for being quirky!

Skipping a few regions we are heading to the Kalos region. My favourite gym leader here is:

Viola

[Image: 88?cb=20140718173723]

Viola, she is a character which I found personally to be really funny and energetic! She carries a camera around with her and is always ready for a photo-op, very similar to me, Im an art student and I always have a camera with me to take interesting photos. Viola seems to love taking photos of precious memories. One of my favourite quotes is "That determined expression… That glint in your eye that says you're up to the challenge… It's fantastic! Just fantastic! Is this your first time challenging a Gym? Fantastic! Whether it's the tears of frustration that follow a loss or the blossoming of joy that comes with victory… They're both great subjects for my camera! Fantastic! This'll be just fantastic! Now come at me! My lens is always focused on victory—I won't let anything ruin this shot!" I love the amount of photography references and puns, at first I thought it was really dry humour but now I find it pretty hilarious! She used bug pokemon too which is a huge plus!

This concludes my favourite gym leaders! Thank you for reading my post and I really do look forward to reading your comments!
Bright_Shadow21

only girls? i see what you did there KappaHD

my favorites:

Kanto: Koga [Image: 144?cb=20140712082931] because he is a ninja duh!

and Giovanni [Image: 108?cb=20140712082408&format=webp] because there is a backstory around it, and the fact he is a vilain and the last leader before the league creates a real challenge

in Johto: Morty [Image: 109?b=20140712082353&format=webp] I had troubles to beat his Ghost types. but what i like is the atmosphere in the city

in Hoenn: Norman [Image: 84?cb=20140715173643&format=webp] because he is the only dad that exists in the whole universe KappaHD

I did not play Gens 4 and 5, but I hate Gens4,5,6 Gym Leaders, I don't like the "We have to match the type used and the leader's job" Sounds stupid to me, they look dumb xD
(Nov 6, 2015, 12:27 PM)Apo Wrote: only girls? i see what you did there  KappaHD

my favorites:

Kanto: Koga because he is a ninja duh!

and Giovanni because there is a backstory around it, and the fact he is a vilain and the last leader before the league creates a real challenge

in Johto: Morty I had troubles to beat his Ghost types. but what i like is the atmosphere in the city

in Hoenn: Norman because he is the only dad that exists in the whole universe  KappaHD

I did not play Gens 4 and 5, but I hate Gens4,5,6 Gym Leaders, I don't like the "We have to match the type used and the leader's job" Sounds stupid to me, they look dumb xD

That was just coicedence that is was all females that I chose, I was going to choose Brock but Misty is just wayyyyyy better. Giovanni is a really good choice, I really do like him too especially as he has Persian as a pet which is my favourite ever pokemon! Also I loved seeing him in the anime when I was young!
Nice post!
My favorite gym leaders... I'll try to choose one from each gen, but I'm gonna have to include more for some regions!

Kanto:

MISTY!

I love her so much. I don't even need to explain why, right? Obviously the anime has had a big influence on all of us, but even without that, her larger-than-life personality is too adorable to not love her. I also LOVE how grownup she looks in Gen II compared to Gen I. All hail the character development!

Johto:

[Image: 89?cb=20140712082353]
Jasmine.

She will always be my favorite Gen II gym leader, and a strong contender for my favorite ever. She is strong, pretty, kind and compassionate. She's definitely the one that stood out the most for me in the entire Johto region. I'll always remember discovering the steel type in her gym when I first played Gen II way back then, and I was blown away. It seems obvious now, but back then it was a huge deal!
Olivine is also one of my favorite cities ever, incidentally.

Hoenn:

[Image: 187?cb=20141117092725]
Wallace.

I loved Wallace instantly. He's such a great character, in such a great city, and he really needed to be: I wasn't gonna let anyone take over Misty as the greatest water-type gym leader! But he was amazing. I also loved his Milotic so much, and I wanted one so badly, so I suffered through the whole 'throw away your social life to look for a Feebas and evolve it' debacle. But I did it!
I was really disappointed just before Emerald came out, because I had heard that he wasn't the Sootopolis gym leader anymore. I was relieved when I saw him in the Cave of Origin - and then completely lost my sh*t when I realized that he was the champion this time. I really really like Steven too, but Wallace has a special place in my heart.

Sinnoh:
I had to think about this one for a moment, actually. It's funny: I really like Gen IV, I love the new pokes introduced in that gen, I also love Team Galactic, and aren't we all grateful for the GTS? So yeah, I loved the games, but for some reason I don't even remember the gym leaders very well. They didn't have that much of an impact on me. But if I had to choose one, that would be...

[Image: 202?cb=20140608163740]
Fantina.

I'm not that fond of her, compared to the other gym leaders I mentioned, but she has a cool design. I also like ghost pokes in general, so she had an advantage! I remember liking her Drifblim a lot, and I thought it was cool that Drifloon/Drifblim's yellow cross was on her dress. Gen IV was the last one that I played in French, so she spoke in a broken French with a few English words thrown into it; I only discovered recently that in English, she uses French words instead. I thought that it was pretty funny.
Anyway, moving on!

Unova:
Ohhh boy.
I know that a lot of people didn't like Gen V, but I personally enjoyed it a lot. Many pokes I love were introduced in that generation, and I didn't really mind Team Plasma, although they weren't that amazing. But most of all, I LOVED the gym leaders in Unova. So...

[Image: 125?cb=20140504145903][Image: 178?cb=20120615055924]
[Image: 245?cb=20120714095239][Image: 220?cb=20140504152103]
Lenora, Elesa, Iris, Roxie... the list goes on.

The Unova gym leaders are just so diverse! I love them all. Lenora is a huge favorite of mine. I mean, she's an archeologist, she's not stick-thin, she's a strong black lady in a mixed marriage... She's just SO COOL. She stands her ground and she's so badass and unique! I was really pissed when Cheren became the normal-type gym leader in BW2. I mean, I like Cheren, but come on, Game Freak? You had ONE black woman, did you have to cut her out of the games?!
Elesa... I'll be honest and totally superficial: I love Elesa because of how pretty she is. That totally worked on me, big time. I loved Iris because she was an energetic kid, a brown girl, and I loved to see her grow up and become the champion in BW2. And Roxie rocks. Literally.

Kalos:

[Image: 250?cb=20140718172348]
Olympia?

That's kind of a default choice, because she sorta looks cool? But I didn't like the Kalos gym leaders very much. After loving the gym leaders in Unova, I was really disappointed. Their designs are boring and the art isn't all that great (wtf is going on with Valerie's eyes?)... And even the ones whose design I like, like Olympia, aren't very good characters. It's such a shame.
(Nov 6, 2015, 01:47 PM)Mutt Wrote: Nice post!
My favorite gym leaders... I'll try to choose one from each gen, but I'm gonna have to include more for some regions!

Kanto:

MISTY!

I love her so much. I don't even need to explain why, right? Obviously the anime has had a big influence on all of us, but even without that, her larger-than-life personality is too adorable to not love her. I also LOVE how grownup she looks in Gen II compared to Gen I. All hail the character development!

Johto:

[Image: 89?cb=20140712082353]
Jasmine.

She will always be my favorite Gen II gym leader, and a strong contender for my favorite ever. She is strong, pretty, kind and compassionate. She's definitely the one that stood out the most for me in the entire Johto region. I'll always remember discovering the steel type in her gym when I first played Gen II way back then, and I was blown away. It seems obvious now, but back then it was a huge deal!
Olivine is also one of my favorite cities ever, incidentally.

Hoenn:

[Image: 187?cb=20141117092725]
Wallace.

I loved Wallace instantly. He's such a great character, in such a great city, and he really needed to be: I wasn't gonna let anyone take over Misty as the greatest water-type gym leader! But he was amazing. I also loved his Milotic so much, and I wanted one so badly, so I suffered through the whole 'throw away your social life to look for a Feebas and evolve it' debacle. But I did it!
I was really disappointed just before Emerald came out, because I had heard that he wasn't the Sootopolis gym leader anymore. I was relieved when I saw him in the Cave of Origin - and then completely lost my sh*t when I realized that he was the champion this time. I really really like Steven too, but Wallace has a special place in my heart.

Sinnoh:
I had to think about this one for a moment, actually. It's funny: I really like Gen IV, I love the new pokes introduced in that gen, I also love Team Galactic, and aren't we all grateful for the GTS? So yeah, I loved the games, but for some reason I don't even remember the gym leaders very well. They didn't have that much of an impact on me. But if I had to choose one, that would be...

[Image: 202?cb=20140608163740]
Fantina.

I'm not that fond of her, compared to the other gym leaders I mentioned, but she has a cool design. I also like ghost pokes in general, so she had an advantage! I remember liking her Drifblim a lot, and I thought it was cool that Drifloon/Drifblim's yellow cross was on her dress. Gen IV was the last one that I played in French, so she spoke in a broken French with a few English words thrown into it; I only discovered recently that in English, she uses French words instead. I thought that it was pretty funny.
Anyway, moving on!

Unova:
Ohhh boy.
I know that a lot of people didn't like Gen V, but I personally enjoyed it a lot. Many pokes I love were introduced in that generation, and I didn't really mind Team Plasma, although they weren't that amazing. But most of all, I LOVED the gym leaders in Unova. So...

[Image: 125?cb=20140504145903][Image: 178?cb=20120615055924]
[Image: 245?cb=20120714095239][Image: 220?cb=20140504152103]
Lenora, Elesa, Iris, Roxie... the list goes on.

The Unova gym leaders are just so diverse! I love them all. Lenora is a huge favorite of mine. I mean, she's an archeologist, she's not stick-thin, she's a strong black lady in a mixed marriage... She's just SO COOL. She stands her ground and she's so badass and unique! I was really pissed when Cheren became the normal-type gym leader in BW2. I mean, I like Cheren, but come on, Game Freak? You had ONE black woman, did you have to cut her out of the games?!
Elesa... I'll be honest and totally superficial: I love Elesa because of how pretty she is. That totally worked on me, big time. I loved Iris because she was an energetic kid, a brown girl, and I loved to see her grow up and become the champion in BW2. And Roxie rocks. Literally.

Kalos:

[Image: 250?cb=20140718172348]
Olympia?

That's kind of a default choice, because she sorta looks cool? But I didn't like the Kalos gym leaders very much. After loving the gym leaders in Unova, I was really disappointed. Their designs are boring and the art isn't all that great (wtf is going on with Valerie's eyes?)... And even the ones whose design I like, like Olympia, aren't very good characters. It's such a shame.

Thank you sooo sooo much for replying to my post, it has honestly made my day reading your reply! I love how you have gone into so much detail, it really comes across that you loved gen V Smile I never got the game but I watched the anime series religiously! And Lenora is one of my favourites too, she has a stoutland in the anime which was awesome Smile Elesa is pretty gorgeous too! Thank you again <3 +1 rep for you <3
Hrmm.. favorite gym leader? Well, here's my little list!

Wallace, I really do like him because he has a (to me) perfect mixture of grace, strength and knowledge.
[Image: 230px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Wallace.png]

Cheren. Oh man I was so excited to find out my rival from Black/White 1 had become a Gym Leader in B/W2! Even though it was two years, I really did feel like he matured more since the B/W1.
[Image: 129px-Black_2_White_2_Cheren.png]

Marlon. Even though he had a brief appearance, I really did like Marlon. His carefree attitude on top of a beautiful city and gym, (I wish sometimes I could live in Humilau city myself.)
[Image: 200px-Black_2_White_2_Marlon.png]

Valerie. Oh top of being the Gym Leader to my most favorite Pokemon type. I really enjoyed the battle with Valerie, and I can still remember that quote she says after the battle. ((And yet...the only time I feel I am truly one with Pokémon is when we are embroiled in desperate battle. I wonder why that is... Hmm...))
[Image: 300px-XY_Valerie.png]

Wulfric. At first I thought Wulfric was going to be a rough tough ice-type Gym Leader, but turns out he's a good hearted person who really cares for Pokemon (as seen in the Pokemon Village he visits when he gets worried about them)
[Image: 300px-XY_Wulfric.png]