Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Who nicknames their pokemon
(Apr 14, 2015, 02:48 PM)Marcusube Wrote: I nickname my Pokemon based off movies, food, anime, famous people, slangs and even random sounds like "ORAORAORAORA" and what not

Go! Zucchini Bread! kappa
About three weeks ago I received a Slowpoke through Wonder-Trade. It's name was Kony2012... I couldn't stop laughing. Best nickname ever Smile.
Normally I only nickname the pokémon that I will use (either in the game or in "competitive" battling against friends).
For instance my Blaziken is called Fawkes, after the Phoenix from the harry potter series.
Mostly I pick names that I think fit the type/look of the pokémon, and/or are related to some series i like and/or are from some mythology and/or is a translation of a word into some language like norse or finnish.
Actually picking a name can take pretty long so in the beginning I usually stick with their original name until I've accepted them as a real member of my team, and then I'll find a name for them.

p.s. this is funny for dutchies: my shiny charizard is called charizwart (chari"black" , zwart = black in dutch, and the shiny is black :D, GET IT GET IT kappa )