Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[XY] A new project for my homies
Just something I'm gonna throw together. I don't have a fancy computer and therefore can't really take part in showdown battles or genning for giveaways. So I will do this. I am a fan of hand drawings and apologize for the poor quality of this picture, But I want to do something to help the forum stay entertained and I thought a locke comic would be perfect. Future portions of this project will be scanned rather than photographed. But just wanted to give you a preview before it starts, hopefully within the next week:

[Image: 12197097_10206987305272333_1839590101_o....e=563A199F]
Holy. I just. I can't This is just. Much love. I might *might* be able to recreate the picture in a computer.
Also general information to build hype:

The rules
1. Only the first pokemon encountered in an area can be caught.
(The dupe clause is in effect, i.e. I can skip over encounters with characters I've already caught)
2. If a pokemon faints in battle I must release it, or else designate a death box that pokemon are sealed in for the remainder of measurable eternity.
3. All pokemon will be nicknamed
4. Certain rights of the player are locked until badges are obtained. The badge list is as follows:
[Image: 50?cb=20131020201253&format=webp]
Pokemon may not evolve until this badge is obtained

[Image: 50?cb=20131029164123&format=webp]
Pokemon may not learn moves from TM's before getting the cliff badge

[Image: 50?cb=20131016144913&format=webp]
Healing items may not be used in battle previous to obtaining the rumble badge. (this is gonna be hard XD)

[Image: 50?cb=20131016144929&format=webp]
The plant badge allows pokemon to use hold items.

[Image: 50?cb=20131016144955&format=webp]
The daycare may not be used until the voltage badge is got.

[Image: 50?cb=20131016145013&format=webp]
Before the fairy badge is obtained I may not use fishing rods

[Image: 50?cb=20131016145031&format=webp]
Vitamins and supertraining are locked previous to obtaining the psychic badge.

[Image: 50?cb=20131105162357&format=webp]
The Iceberg badge allows the resurrection of one pokemon who dies after the badge is obtained.

In the next week when I release the first comic I will be doing the game intro up to the point where the starter is obtained and allow a forum vote for which starter is picked. I may also do forum votes for nick names and stuff. To put it more shortly: lets have fun!

Hopefully this will make some hype and be a good time for you guys and myself!
(Nov 2, 2015, 03:59 PM)Delta Wrote: Holy. I just. I can't This is just. Much love. I might *might* be able to recreate the picture in a computer.
Thankyou delta, I'm no good drawing in the computer. Quality art takes me a long time to make digitally because of years of drawing practice with physical media. I just can't handle the disconnect from my hand on the actual picture and haven't sprung for a fancy drawing tablet... XD
(Nov 2, 2015, 04:07 PM)bradar485 Wrote:
(Nov 2, 2015, 03:59 PM)Delta Wrote: Holy. I just. I can't This is just. Much love. I might *might* be able to recreate the picture in a computer.
Thankyou delta, I'm no good drawing in the computer. Quality art takes me a long time to make digitally because of years of drawing practice with physical media. I just can't handle the disconnect from my hand on the actual picture and haven't sprung for a fancy drawing tablet... XD

Well, if I say I can draw well, I would be lying. However, I know how to copy pictures from a physical medium to a digital medium. I will get to work on the title screen you posted, and we can see how good it looks.
(Nov 2, 2015, 04:39 PM)Delta Wrote:
(Nov 2, 2015, 04:07 PM)bradar485 Wrote:

Well, if I say I can draw well, I would be lying. However, I know how to copy pictures from a physical medium to a digital medium. I will get to work on the title screen you posted, and we can see how good it looks.

I am bradar485 and I support this message.
This is actually a really cool idea that adds alot of challange i might have to try this out
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Awesome challenge you should check out mine if you get the chance http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-REQUEST...-Challenge
(Nov 2, 2015, 06:39 PM)CrimsonKaiju Wrote: Awesome challenge you should check out mine if you get the chance http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-REQUEST...-Challenge

Actually your challenge was one of several that I considered. But I wanted something that took very little tech aside from my gameboy that I could make alone without a computer or internet if necessary for the ease of getting through and keeping up with the comic. But mad respects for sure cause it's not a bad idea. I just needed something to fit my busy and introverted schedule lol.
(Nov 2, 2015, 06:05 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: This is actually a really cool idea that adds alot of challange i might have to try this out

This is what drew me. It's hard to make this particular game challenging. It was made to be too kid friendly.