Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[XY] How to easily find pokemons with hidden abilities
Hello everyone!

I'm sure that most people already know this way to find pokemons with their HA(=Hidden Ability) but I wanted to write it anyways.

And i'm sorry for the bad pictures. I don't have a capture card so I hope you guys don't mind that!

What do you need

- A Pokemon with the ability trace (Ralts, Kirlia or Gardevoir are the best for this)
- The ability to go into friend safaris
- Have someone in your friendlist who has the pokemon you want in their safari.

Step 01
[Image: PHrfy6n.png]
Fly to Kiloude City and go to the Friend Safari zone which is located in the top right corner of the map

Step 02
[Image: 5Ov2JgN.png]
Click on the person who has the pokemon you want in their safari. In this guide I will catch a Diggersby (Diggersby tho) with his HA Huge Power

Step 03
[Image: oYJuFEb.png]
Put your pokemon with the ability trace in your first slot and just walk around in the safari until you encounter the pokemon you want. As you can see in the picture my Gardevoir with trace copied the ability of the Diggersby I just found. If you found your pokemon with the right ability then just throw a pokeball to catch it and if you didn't encounter the right pokemon: Just run away and try again.

Finding HA pokemons is so much faster this way (and also cheaper since you're not using all your pokeballs to get one kappa) so I hope this really short guide will help at least someone!

Useful links
- http://www.serebii.net/xy/friendsafari.shtml
List of all the pokemons that are available in the friend safaris.
- http://www.reddit.com/r/friendsafari/
Reddit where you can easily find millions of different safaris
- http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-XY...nd-Safaris
A topic on this forum that also has a lot of different safaris  
Thank you eveeli this is a great guide!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Very helpful!
This guide really helps out especially if the pokemon you are looking for doesn't have a visible HA like Drought for example
I just had one of the dumbest thoughts of my entire existence "this could help me find an imposter ditto" *Facepalms*
(Nov 16, 2014, 01:07 AM)Carsonith Wrote: I just had one of the dumbest thoughts of my entire existence "this could help me find an imposter ditto" *Facepalms*

I...don't know what to say to that except that it happens to everyone once in a while.
Nice guide! Also, if you're looking for a hidden ability in hordes (Scrappy Whismur, Regenerator Foongus, etc.), a Pokémon with the move Entrainment is a big help. Entrainment changes the target Pokémon's ability to your own, and it shows what ability that Pokémon originally had.

When you have a Trace Pokémon against a horde it copies an ability randomly so it's tough to find Pokémon like Foongus with Regenerator. I have a Durant with Entrainment and Thunder Wave (so you can mark the right one with paralysis). That helped me a lot.
(Nov 17, 2014, 12:23 AM)Heisenberg13 Wrote: Nice guide! Also, if you're looking for a hidden ability in hordes (Scrappy Whismur, Regenerator Foongus, etc.), a Pokémon with the move Entrainment is a big help. Entrainment changes the target Pokémon's ability to your own, and it shows what ability that Pokémon originally had.

When you have a Trace Pokémon against a horde it copies an ability randomly so it's tough to find Pokémon like Foongus with Regenerator. I have a Durant with Entrainment and Thunder Wave (so you can mark the right one with paralysis). That helped me a lot.

You're right! For hordes I always use a Whimisicott with worry seed myself but I guess it works pretty much the same as Entrainment :D
This is very helpful! I had forgotten that HAs were also in hordes.
Also for Pokemon like Eevee, you just need to wait until the anticipation ability appears on screen, so you may not need trace to find a certain hidden ability.
I tend to use my Spritzee's Skill Swap to identify HAs, since I have her around when dealing with hordes with Sweet Scent. Finding HAs this way in hordes is more accurate than Trace, since you can target each Pokemon individually!