Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[XY] My Friend Safari sucks....
Is there any way to get a new friend safari? My safari is fletchinder, dodou, and swanna. I think it sucks.
To change your safari code, all you have to do is reformat your 3DS to the factory settings (from the settings tab). This will generate a new friend code for you and thus an all new safari. However, this will clear your existing friends list as well as any downloaded content you have on your 3DS, so use this technique only if you don't have anything important on your system or if you're just really, really desperate to get different pokemanz!

The first time you reformat, you only need to do so once to change your safari. For any subsequent attempts to get new pokemon, you'll have to reformat twice! Tedious? Maybe. Worth it? Yes (coming from someone who originally had a pretty worthless ground safari).

NOTE: Resetting the 3DS does NOT clear your game file if you own hard copy of X or Y. It does, however, remove any patches/updates and games you've downloaded from the Nintendo eShop. Also, it appears that the reformatting DOES clear your SD card, so be wary of that when deciding to reset.

Hope this helped, and happy hunting!

TL;DR: Reset your 3DS to factory settings for a shot at better pokemon.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
(Oct 17, 2016, 05:38 PM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: To change your safari code, all you have to do is reformat your 3DS to the factory settings (from the settings tab). This will generate a new friend code for you and thus an all new safari. However, this will clear your existing friends list as well as any downloaded content you have on your 3DS, so use this technique only if you don't have anything important on your system or if you're just really, really desperate to get different pokemanz!

The first time you reformat, you only need to do so once to change your safari. For any subsequent attempts to get new pokemon, you'll have to reformat twice! Tedious? Maybe. Worth it? Yes (coming from someone who originally had a pretty worthless ground safari).

NOTE: Resetting the 3DS does NOT clear your game file if you own hard copy of X or Y. It does, however, remove any patches/updates and games you've downloaded from the Nintendo eShop. Also, it appears that the reformatting DOES clear your SD card, so be wary of that when deciding to reset.

Hope this helped, and happy hunting!

TL;DR: Reset your 3DS to factory settings for a shot at better pokemon.
Not sure if I'm up for that...... I have an extra copy of Y does that change anything