Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

growing away...
the battles are also kind of getting a little boring.
I'm your friendly neighborhood Dragon fun fact I'm one of the only ones who can take a ice beam And laugh right back at you with a outrage
#Teamforum

I feel like ORAS didn't quite add much to the series, so people are playing other games. Me though, I'll always stay loyal to the series; Pokemon has been with me through good times and bad times. Hopefully the 7th generation can add something to the series that can bring back your interest.
I actually really liked ORAS, but it might be because I never had the chance to play through the originals. I didn't like X&Y oddly enough. I felt like there was too much distracting from the actual game, such as being able to change your outfit, ect. Either way, I think I'll be sticking with Pokemon, even if it isn't always my favorite series.
I'm Umbreon, the nocturnal member of #TeamForum
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
Agreed completely. We need a new gen, in my opinion. ORAS really messed up a lot of things (especially for singles, for those of you who don't know) and every match just almost feels the same/predictable. It's starting to become more about "team preview" instead of your own battling skill. What I mean by that, is that you can literally lose so many matches just by seeing 1 pokemon on your opponents team.

I've always been playing games competitively for the majority of my life, and Pokemon was one of those games that I balanced with the other games I play. But now, I don't even play anymore. I didn't even beat ORAS.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
Of course however, I do think it can be saved. A new game would make it much easier. But another way, and I hate to put pressure on the guy: Is Justin. As someone who's been around the scene for years, and have been in countless Pokemon streams: Justin's just feels different. He has that connection with all of his viewers, and kind of brings his excitement about things to you. The dude just makes you wanna play Pokemon for some reason. The best way to enjoy games is with other people. It keeps it from going stale. Maybe it's just me, but I'm sure when he comes back in a month or two; I have no doubt in my mind I'll be playing again. Easy.

Until then, catch me on smash 4.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
thanks for all the Insight guys :D
I'm your friendly neighborhood Dragon fun fact I'm one of the only ones who can take a ice beam And laugh right back at you with a outrage
#Teamforum

I'm really in the same boat here. I mean the last time I really "played" Pokemon was for International Challence March or something. Not to say that I don't completely understand his situation, but Justin's absence has certainly left it's mark on this community since he really does breathe life into this community and especially into Pokemon. And as much as I hate to say it, especially since my first Pokemon games were Ruby and Sapphire, ORAS is a disappointment. It just didn't have the same fresh feel to it that even X and Y had and as others have said, it ruined the metagame. VGC 15 has just gotten so stale because even with so many Pokemon to utilize, only the same few are ever used and are so difficult to stop using your own unique strategy.

TL;DR: Justin we love/miss you and we need a Pokemon revolution.
Wow, as someone who doesn't play competitively, I had no idea just how much the addition of ORAS affected competitive players. I'm glad this forum exists so that I can actually learn about issues in the franchise that don't directly affect me. Hopefully the next gen can fix it up for you guys.
I'm Umbreon, the nocturnal member of #TeamForum
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
its not even the games, sometimes the Pokemon community can be very stupid.
#Teamforum

Played XY from launch until ORAS. Beat ORAS story and Delta episode and pretty much just lost the will to play. Played the TCG online for a few weeks and stopped as well. Just burned out on Pokemon right now. Back into Monster Hunter and just picked up Animal Crossing again. I'm sure I'll go back to Pokemon once I burn myself out on these lol.