Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

im not quite sure how i won, anyone has any idea.
945G-WWWW-WW3W-4D88

i got paralized and still could hit before everyone else, how comes?
Just taking a prediction, as I' not busting out ORAS rn

Was Trick Room set up? If so, there's your answer.
I'm just here.

#RowletBois
Or your opponent was using minus priority moves like Roar or Trick Room? Or they were using particularly slow Pokemon with a negative speed nature and no speed IVs while you were using a particularly fast Pokemon?

I'd also rather not look up the video, if you could give us a brief summary then that could help.
nope, i was agains landorus therion and thundurus which paralized me, i used eruption kill both, but i wasnt supposed to hit first, at least not in my mind, because how much speed can you have as timid typhlosion with choice specs, full ev on speed, but paralized against base 91 or so landorus.
if you get 75% less, i was supposed to be really slow. like i dont know in the 50s maybe
The paralysis speed drop does not take effect until the next turn, the turn order is determined as soon as the moves are picked.

Also Timid max speed Typhlosion always outspeeds Landorus unless scarfed, and It always outspeeds a Thundurus without a +speed nature.
"The paralysis speed drop does not take effect until the next turn, the turn order is determined as soon as the moves are picked." <--
this is really interesting, does that mean that in a doubles battle if i use tail wind, the effect wont make my other poke faster untill next turn?
(Oct 26, 2015, 03:23 PM)osueboy Wrote: "The paralysis speed drop does not take effect until the next turn, the turn order is determined as soon as the moves are picked." <--
this is really interesting, does that mean that in a doubles battle if i use tail wind, the effect wont make my other poke faster untill next turn?

Yeah, while the physical attack drop from burns is instant, once the moves are selected the order in which the Pokemon attack is locked in (assuming nobody uses the move Quash).
There are some other important things about speed that can be very important, like knowing that the ability of the faster Pokemon goes first so you can tell whether you or your opponent is faster and that the faster Pokemon switches out first, so if you switch in to an intimidator while your opponents slower Pokemon also switches out, there Pokemon they switch in to will not be intimidated.

You may have already known these, but they can be game breaking or at least provide valuable information.