Pokemon Forever
[RATE MY TEAM] Kanto Classic help? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [RATE MY TEAM] Kanto Classic help? (/Thread-RATE-MY-TEAM-Kanto-Classic-help)

Pages: 1 2

Kanto Classic help? - 42max Turtke - Mar 2, 2016

Hello there! So, I just entered the Kanto Classic (Last minute entry) and I need help with my team. Here goes:

Nidoqueen

Nidoqueen @Life Orb
Nature:Modest
Ability:Sheer Force
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs:180 HP/252 Sp.Attack/78 Speed
-Ice Beam
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Power
-Toxic Spikes

I have Nidoqueen on my team because she is one of the best settlers in kanto. Life Orb is good for when she is done setting up hazards (Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes) to hit for heavy damage. Nidoqueen will be sent out first (Not all the time 'cause I dont want her to get one shot before she can set up) during some battles to see how well she does when first.

Wigglytuff!

Wigglytuff @Leftovers
Nature:Bold
Ability:Competitive
EVs:252 Defense/252 Sp.Defense/4 Sp.Attack
-Wish
-Protect
-Hyper Voice
-Dazzling Gleam

Wigglytuff is my Wall. I added Clefable to my team as well to see who does a better job Stupid Game Freak, not putting Blissey in gen 1 out of the two. If he's sent out on an intimidator, his Sp.Attack will raise, making him more of an amazing little guy. Since he's both norml and fairy, Hyper Voice and dazzling Gleam are STAB attacks. Along with competitive, this guy could do some serious damage to an opposing team with wish to stay alive.

Clefable!

Clefable @Leftovers
Ability:Unaware
EVs:248 HP/252 Defense/10 Sp.Attack
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Moonblast
-Protect

Clefable is good to use as a secondary wall. Moonblast STAB can do damage to opposing teams. Heal Bell is great for team members who have been affected by paralysis, posion, sleep, etc. Wish can keep her in the battle for quite some time while still doing damage and can be used for healing switch-ins.

Machamp!

Machamp @Assault Vest
Nature:Adamant
Ability:No Guard
EVs:172 HP/252 Attack/86 Speed
-Dynamic Punch
-Knock Off
-Stone Edge
-Heavy Slam

Machamp, my main man Machamp. Machamp, for me, is the greatest Physical Attacker in Kanto. With the assault vest, he can survive most super-affective attacks. He can do serious damage to Fairy type walls (*Cough Clefable Cough*) and most teams in general with his attack stat (Its at 394).

Alakazam!

Alakazam @Life Orb
Nature:Timid
Ability:Magic Guard
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/30
EVs:6 Defense/252 Sp.Attack/252 Speed
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Focus Blast

One of the fastest physical sweepers, Alakazam. This Alakazam has a higher speed stat than opposing Gengar's (Even Mega!) ,so he can potentially sweep an entire team. Magic Guard causes him not to take damage from Rocks, Spikes, and/or Toxic (he's been really useful for toxic).

Finally...

BLASTOISE!

Blastoise @Blastosinite
Nature:Modest
Ability:Rain Dish
EVs:56 HP/252 Sp.Attack/202 Speed
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse

Blastoise is the star of my team and life! He can tank a lot of Electric-and-grass type hits and can out-speed half the opposing pokemon.
With a variety of attacks, my Blastoise can destroy a lot of teams with the help of other team members.

Thank you for reading it and rating it if you did if you didnt I will hunt you down and consume your soul!

Good-bye

Other Options:
Okay, if you didnt like a pokemon I have on my team or think I should replace, I have these other ones. (I'm not gonna do reasonings for these as they arent on my team)
Butterfree!

Butterfree
Nature:Timid
Ability:Tinted Lens
EVs:252 Sp.Attack and Speed/2 HP/4 Defense
-Bug Buzz
-Sleep Powder
-Quiver Dance
-Psychic

Slowbro!

Slowbro
Ability:Regenerator
EVs:252 HP/24 Sp.Defense/232 Defense
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Thunder Wave
-Calm Mind

RE: Kanto Classic help? - 42max Turtke - Mar 2, 2016

Sorry if its typed weirdly. I had to do some important things and didnt re-read what i typed

RE: Kanto Classic help? - Frost - Mar 2, 2016

That's a really good team and I hope you do good. I'm not that good at teams but my brother says those are good Smile

(Mar 2, 2016, 10:21 AM)MistressGlaceon Wrote: That's a really good team and I hope you do good. I'm not that good at teams but my brother says those are good Smile

Thanks for the response! Will you be participating as well?

I think your brother may be

RE: Kanto Classic help? - Frost - Mar 2, 2016

(Mar 2, 2016, 10:23 AM)42max Turtke Wrote:
(Mar 2, 2016, 10:21 AM)MistressGlaceon Wrote: That's a really good team and I hope you do good. I'm not that good at teams but my brother says those are good Smile

No I wont participate but my brother will!

(Mar 2, 2016, 10:26 AM)MistressGlaceon Wrote:
(Mar 2, 2016, 10:23 AM)42max Turtke Wrote:

No I wont participate but my brother will!
Then I hope I get to battle him! Good luck to him and all who participate!

RE: Kanto Classic help? - Eugenio - Mar 2, 2016

@42max Turtke remember there are no items allowed in the Kanto Classic.

Yeah, I remebered. I just put them.

RE: Kanto Classic help? - zephyr0012 - Mar 2, 2016

We should battle sometime! Since I'm entering it as well, it would be a more precise way of rating your team.

RE: Kanto Classic help? - zephyr0012 - Mar 2, 2016

Also, I think you should replace Wigglytuff as a Special Wall. I know its good since I was intending add it to my team, but either Snorlax Chansey would be the better option. 

You may also replace HP Ice from Alakazam's moveset since it already has good neutral coverage against pokes that may counter it.