Pokemon Forever
[REQUEST] Help with my X Team. - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: General Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [REQUEST] Help with my X Team. (/Thread-REQUEST-Help-with-my-X-Team)

Help with my X Team. - AidanC97 - Jul 15, 2016

Hey. i need some help with something. I'm Playing Pokemon X, but i'm not sure whom to use. There's so many pokemon in X that look valuable to my team, but i'm struggling to find the right ones to be a good team. I've run through team ideas through the Marriland Team Builder, and others, but it's so hard to figure it out. Any ideas?

To clear some smoke, per say. I have Braixen, Espurr, and Shuckle as my 3 permanent members of the team. I just need 3 more that would be profitable to the other pokemon. Any help would be grand! Thanks so much for helping a fellow Canadian trainer out!

RE: Help with my X Team. - geetry - Jul 17, 2016

Goodra is the Kalos dragon, and would be a great edition to your team. I believe it can learn surf as well. Goodra learns the typical dragon moves, as well as a handful of water moves including muddy water. You can find a Goomy (1st evolution) on route 14 in the water, and Sligoo (2nd evolution) on route 19. Sligoo evolves into Goodra at the minimum of level 50, but it has to evolve in the rain. 

You're also handed a Lapras by a breeder on route 12, and with the dual water/ice typing, it would be another great addition. 

Pyroar is another Kalos Pokemon thats normal/fire type and has great coverage. It's pre-evolution can be found on route 22 as Litleo. 

The Kanto starter would also be great, as well as the Lucario you're given around halfway through the game.

RE: Help with my X Team. - VoidThoughts - Jul 17, 2016

You're going to want pokemon that can counter dark, bug and ghost. I'd definitely think about adding a fairy type to your team. If you're not thinking about competitive use Xerneas for sure, it's a really fun legendary. If you're looking for something more competition friendly go with Klefki or Azmarill. Mega-mawlie is also a fun choice if you don't mind using uber pokemon.

Hawlucha is a surprisingly fun pokemon to use too. Both Noivern and Goodra are awesome dragon-types. Goodra is probably better competitively because Noivern's flying time gives it some pretty common weaknesses like x2 rock or x4 ice.

RE: Help with my X Team. - BestServedCold - Jul 18, 2016

I agree with above choices. Also might want to think about an Ampharos. Mareep can be found on route 12, and it's definitely worth it to level it up. I have a lvl 96 Ampharos that I'm grinding. You could probably almost sweep the elite four with it, considering it can learn moves like Dragon Pulse, Power Gem, Signal Beam, and the ever powerful Thunder/thunderbolt. Plus the mega evolution is cool. (only downside to mega evolution is it makes Ampharos part dragon, so be careful about that.)

Best of luck!

RE: Help with my X Team. - AidanC97 - Jul 18, 2016

(Jul 18, 2016, 03:32 PM)BestServedCold Wrote: I agree with above choices. Also might want to think about an Ampharos. Mareep can be found on route 12, and it's definitely worth it to level it up. I have a lvl 96 Ampharos that I'm grinding. You could probably almost sweep the elite four with it, considering it can learn moves like Dragon Pulse, Power Gem, Signal Beam, and the ever powerful Thunder/thunderbolt. Plus the mega evolution is cool. (only downside to mega evolution is it makes Ampharos part dragon, so be careful about that.)

Best of luck!

I do understand that it becomes Part dragon when Mega-Evolved. But thanks for the tip!