Pokemon Forever
[IMPORTANT] The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: Getting Started (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Getting-Started)
+--- Forum: Meet and Greet (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Meet-and-Greet)
+--- Thread: [IMPORTANT] The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat (/Thread-IMPORTANT-The-Very-Weekly-Meet-Greet-Come-and-Take-a-Seat)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - Unit501 - Apr 29, 2017

• So how have you been? Most of the mods have been busy and as such we've been inactive. We're still alive, except AnimeKid. The rest of us are gonna be way more active in the upcoming weeks, sorry for the hiatus.
I don't much from that times I been away. I have been locked up in @Justin basement sense August, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • What are you interested in seeing from us?
What I want to see is more engagement from people to other aspects of the forums besides trading and giveaways because that sparks no interesting conversations on these forums.
  • We have some plans but we wanna know what you guys want. Please don't be afraid to share.
Love to see some more tournaments and competitive events/builds to make me play again.
  • Did you pick up a Switch? Why or why not?
No for two reasons. 
      1.) I'm broke and have no money 
​​​​​​      2.) Their are not enough games to have the excuse of buying it.
  • Pick any cool games up recently? Personally I can't put down Persona 5.
I haven't gotten any new games recently but I have been playing titanfall 2 and dark souls 3 a lot more.
  • Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!
@"Squeab" Have you ever tried shiny hunting before?

RE: The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - Reed - Apr 30, 2017

TFW people use the thing that's supposed to be used to spark conversation to bother me instead. No shiny hunting is bad. If you disagree with me take it up with my secretary @PKPatriot56

RE: The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - PKPatriot56 - May 1, 2017

@"Squeab" I've told you before; I refuse to work for a shiny hater.

By the way, have you tried shiny hunting before?

RE: The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - RetroTyphlosion - May 6, 2017

Hello! 
  • I've been okay. Can't wait for school to get out in a few weeks. School's been fine, though. But I hate math.
  • I'm interested in seeing more conversations between people, not just "wow, thanks for the Pokemon". Maybe a Pokemon discussion forum where people actually had legitimate talks and maybe even arguments? Yes, I know there is a "General Pokemon Discussion" place, but a real place for real discussions would be great!
  • I really l like these new Welcome threads that's have come out. We could do with some more. And, Like I said, I want a Discussion forum.
  • I'm not getting a Switch, since I just barely got a really nice New 3ds XL and I'm not in the market for consoles. And also because I'm broke.
  • Recently, I'm really into Donkey Kong Country 1 and 3. They're great platformers that everyone should try.
  • @stephenWITNESS Got any ideas for new giveaways? 

RE: The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - element_x49 - May 6, 2017

hey.  Tongue

• So how have you been? Most of the mods have been busy and as such we've been inactive. We're still alive, except AnimeKid. The rest of us are gonna be way more active in the upcoming weeks, sorry for the hiatus.
    • busy playing pokemansss
  • What are you interested in seeing from us?
    • more giveaways ... more pokemon that aren't mainstream
  • We have some plans but we wanna know what you guys want. Please don't be afraid to share.
    • group giveaway - collaborate with other giveaway hosts
    • not yet! eventually.
    • dark souls 3

RE: The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - Reed - May 7, 2017

@element_x49 Dark Souls you say? What system?

RE: The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - croissant - May 7, 2017

@RetroTyphlosion we do have a discord channel where people can talk about pokemon and everything, you should check it out!

RE: The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - TimeTwist - May 7, 2017

•                        Eh, been lurking the forums for a while, goin to giveaways, that stuff, but i'm starting to make threads!
  • What are you intrested in seeing from us? We have some plans but we wanna know what you guys want. Please don't be afraid to share
  •                                    Honestly, idk.
  •                                                   Nope, My fam are saving up and lookin for a new home.
  •                                        Meh, my cuz wants to ask me what game I want. I'm still thinkin.
  • Let's turn the tables-Tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!
  •                                 @Unit501 How long did you play Pokemon?

RE: The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - EemsRoro - May 10, 2017

(Apr 28, 2017, 08:42 PM)0kamii Wrote: Hey, @Justin! I'm honored to answer your question and I thank you very much for asking!

One of my favorite, typically non-metagame, pokemon to use against my friends and at local tournaments is Alomomola. I know it seems unorthodox, but Alomomola has access to a variety of priority moves like Helping Hand and Wide Guard, making it possible to invest 0 EVs into its Speed and having it function wonderfully on any team. Not only that, but with its monstrous 165 base HP stat, Alomomola can tank hits beautifully with little to no investment. Another one of my favorite pokemon to use in battle is Turtonator. Easily my favorite Dragon-Type of Gen 7, I run a Timid Nature with investments into Sp. ATK and Speed. My friends never see it coming! And lastly, a third pokemon I love to use is Escavalier. It has a gross ATK stat, and it's abyssmal Speed secures its place on my non-VGC Hard Trick Room team. Just watch out for Fire-Types. Honestly, sneeze cinders at it and it'll faint...instantly...

So how have you been?

Pretty good, actually. I'm all finished with my exams, so I see a lot of gaming in my near future. I'm ready to let loose, have fun, and I encourage everyone else to do the same!
  • What are you interested in seeing from us? We have some plans but we wanna know what you guys want. Please don't be afraid to share.

Here's an interesting idea that I had. As a full-time breeder, once in a while I find myself in need of a very specific pokemon (down-to-the-IV specific). Usually, this mon is used for breeding purposes, whether it's a competitive set or for recreationals. However, when it's for Shiny hunting, things become more complicated, and finding a foreign trade partner with the right mon that's willing to trade is usually pretty tough. Tougher than SOS Chaining a Dhelmise. So why not impliment a forum/thread specifically used for foreign trades? Ideally, it would minimize the amount of scammers, and people that need a foreign mon for their various endeavors can be guaranteed an international mon with a quarter of the hassle they do now. I'm sure it wouldn't be a perfect system, but it's defintely something that would make my life as a breeder A LOT easier.

No. I would have, but there's this mythical thing called money. I hear if you have it wonderful things happen, but sadly, I do not. Thus, no Nintendo Switch for me.

• Pick any cool games up recently?

No new games, but I've been hard at work writing my debut novel! I may be a Pokemon Trainer, but if Gym Leaders get to do what they love on the side, I can too!

• Let's turn the tables - tag a forum user using @ and ask them a question!

Okay, I'll ask @EemsRoro. Aside from Emolga, what is your second favorite Pikachu clone?

Excuse the delay, new to the community and traveling abroad without decent internet. But to answer the first question: How you been? I'm having fun exploring the world though! Tokyo-Shanghai-Germany-Paris>back home to LA, 40 days. Currently in the difficult leg of the trip, business, but soon will be Paris and fun!

Thanks for asking @0kamii, this is a tough one because besides Emolga I love both Pachirisu and Togedemaru. Although shiny pink Pachirisu is one of my multi battle staples, my wife usually picks me as her partner if I choose pink or cute Pokemon.

What do I expect from you, not to much since we are still getting to know one another, keep putting new content and I'll eat it up and eventually join the conversation.

I didn't pick up the switch yet, waiting for a while, my last system was Wii/DS in 2010, then 3DS after PoGo last year. Maybe if a cool new Pokémon game comes out on it.

I haven't pick up any new games, except putting cfw on my 3DS, it took about 15 hours on and off, getting confused, etc

I signed up to this forum specifically because I wanted to make a VGC with Emolga as the star, and @0kamii's post had just the conversation I wanted to have. Since I don't know too many of you yet, @0kamii what is that magical and mysterious Emolga team you used to win a local tourney?

RE: The Very Weekly Meet & Greet - Come and Take a Seat - 0kamii - May 11, 2017

@EemsRoro Huh. Now that you mention it, I never actually made a post featuring that team, did I? I apologize, as it seems some people were curious and I completely disregarded their inquiry. I'll have to spend some time in the upcoming future making a new [RATE MY TEAM] post and upload it into the forums. I finally seem to have acknowledged your question, and I intend to fix it. Though frankly after the 'success' of my last [RATE MY TEAM] post, I'm hesitant to try again. Anyhow, I'll do the write-up and post it in due time. All I ask is a while longer. Again, I apologize for putting it off.