Pokemon Forever
Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Pokemon Trading, Breeding, & Friend Safari (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Pokemon-Trading-Breeding-Friend-Safari)
+--- Thread: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] (/Thread-Kris-Egg-Swap-OPEN)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - Kris - Oct 15, 2017

(Oct 14, 2017, 10:13 PM)kyros451 Wrote: Don't know if this is even a good place to ask but.....i might just be an idiot or ignorant but what is the deal with egg moves? Are they more powerful or something? I've just always wondered.

To quote Bulbapedia:
"An Egg Move[1] (Japanese: タマゴわざ Egg Move) is a special move that a Pokémon is able to inherit through breeding from only one parent. Egg Moves often (but not always) cannot be learned through other ways.
Egg Moves are one of several ways of inheriting moves from parents. Prior to Generation VI, a bred Pokémon will inherit any TM/HM moves which its father knows, if it is compatible with that TM/HM. In Pokémon Crystal, a bred Pokémon will inherit any compatible Move Tutor moves which its father knows. Additionally, if both parents know a move that the bred Pokémon can learn via level-up, it will inherit that move. From Pokémon Emerald onward, a bred Pichu will know Volt Tackle if either of its parents are holding a Light Ball. However, inheriting moves in these ways is distinct from inheriting moves as Egg Moves."

An egg move isn't always "more powerful" so to speak, but in the case of, for example, Dusclops,two Egg Moves it gets, Pain Split and Destiny Bond are very useful in competitive play, and is why Egg Moves are highly sought after. Well, most anyway. Hope this answers your question.

RE: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - Kris - Oct 15, 2017

On that note, I have two eggs to trade today

RE: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - Tenebris_Kane - Oct 17, 2017

@Kris 

I have a couple of spare eggs if you want to trade

RE: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - Tenebris_Kane - Oct 26, 2017

The thread went dead again...

If anyone wants to swap eggs I will be online for a little while tommorow evening (UK time) and I plan to be online over the weekend; I will have around 10 available by tomorrow night.

RE: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - turtkko - Oct 27, 2017

@Tenebris_Kane Hey, I have a like a box full of eggs if you or anyone else wants to trade!  Tongue

RE: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - wartty - Oct 27, 2017

Got a couple eggs laying around from this past week, any takers?? Except you @Tenebris_Kane :p

RE: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - turtkko - Oct 27, 2017

@wartty Wanna trade some eggs? How many do you have?

RE: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - Tenebris_Kane - Oct 28, 2017

@turtkko 

I have exactly a box that I believe has no doubles if you want to do the biggest trade this thread has ever seen  Tongue

Pretty much all of them should be around 5IV the main exceptions are bred from hidden power Pokémon

RE: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - turtkko - Oct 28, 2017

@Tenebris_Kane Sure, why not?  Big Grin  I'm not sure if I have doubles though, and I have absolutely no idea about the IVs haha 

Most of them should be Pokemon from other regions though  Tongue

Let me know when you wanna trade!

RE: Kris' Egg Swap! [OPEN] - Tenebris_Kane - Oct 28, 2017

@turtkko 

I can trade now If you are free, I will add your friend code and head to plaza since my DS is just sitting in front of me anyway at the minute.