Pokemon Forever
[TOURNAMENT] Pokemon Forever's Spooky Cup 2017 - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Pokemon Tournaments (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Pokemon-Tournaments)
+--- Thread: [TOURNAMENT] Pokemon Forever's Spooky Cup 2017 (/Thread-TOURNAMENT-Pokemon-Forever-s-Spooky-Cup-2017--23240)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Pokemon Forever's Spooky Cup 2017 - wartty - Oct 28, 2017

Gonna do a christmas kinda tourney next? :p @stephenWITNESS

RE: Pokemon Forever's Spooky Cup 2017 - stephenWITNESS - Oct 28, 2017

That actually sounds like a really good idea!

RE: Pokemon Forever's Spooky Cup 2017 - PerchPond - Oct 28, 2017

Delibird, Delibird everywhere Rolleyes

RE: Pokemon Forever's Spooky Cup 2017 - wartty - Oct 28, 2017

@stephenWITNESS still kinda far away though :\ we could do bimonthly tournaments? Or something for the inbetween time

RE: Pokemon Forever's Spooky Cup 2017 - 0kamii - Oct 28, 2017

@PerchPond is our winner? Congratulations!

Share your team! I want to know how you did it. Matter of fact, everyone should post their team to this forum so we can all prep for next year!

I'll even post what mine was GOING to be. Make me feel like I was there in spirit.  Big Grin

- 0kamii

(Oct 28, 2017, 02:19 PM)0kamii Wrote: @PerchPond is our winner? Congratulations!

Share your team! I want to know how you did it. Matter of fact, everyone should post their team to this forum so we can all prep for next year!

I'll even post what mine was GOING to be. Make me feel like I was there in spirit.  Big Grin

- 0kamii
Thanks Blush I'll see if I can put something together to display my team

RE: Pokemon Forever's Spooky Cup 2017 - ScottyThunder - Oct 28, 2017

(Oct 28, 2017, 02:19 PM)0kamii Wrote: @PerchPond is our winner? Congratulations!

- 0kamii

I might as well show it off, can't hurt now, right?
My team was comprised of mostly Pokemon I either really liked or ones I have never used competitively before and just wanted to try out. I used the Lycanrock/Volcarona core since they were two pokes I'd never trained competitively and threw together some mons I really liked for a hyper-offensive team with Tailwind and Fake Out support to help with setups. I won't go into detail on the sets because they're pretty self-explanatory. 
This was the lineup for "Sp00pSquad"
[Image: 250px-745Lycanroc.png]
SpoopyDog (Lycanroc) @ Choice Band  
Ability: Steadfast  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Accelerock  
- Crunch  
- Rock Slide  
- Stone Edge
[Image: 250px-637Volcarona.png]
SpoopyBug (Volcarona) @ Firium Z  
Ability: Flame Body  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Bug Buzz  
- Quiver Dance  
- Protect  
- Heat Wave
[Image: tumblr_oruzymGh4c1sqygamo1_250.png]

SpoopyRat (Raticate-Alola) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Hustle  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Sucker Punch  
- Protect  
- Crunch

[Image: 250px-025Pikachu.png]
SpoopyRat2 (Pikachu) @ Light Ball  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Fake Out  
- Thunderbolt  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Protect

[Image: 250px-553Krookodile.png]

SpoopyCroc (Krookodile) @ Fightinium Z  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Protect  
- Crunch  
- Superpower

[Image: 250px-198Murkrow.png]

SpoopyBird (Murkrow) @ Eviolite  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Foul Play  
- Taunt  
- Tailwind  
- Protect

RE: Pokemon Forever's Spooky Cup 2017 - 0kamii - Oct 28, 2017

@ScottyThunder

Interesting team, Scotty.

I see you incorporated the core I suggested to you. Sorry I couldn't see how well it worked. I'm curious as to why your Krookodile has a Fightinium Z. In a metagame populated by Ghost-Types, I would've thought you'd go with a Darkium Z.

Also, why an Alolan Raticate? Such a novel choice.

- 0kamii

RE: Pokemon Forever's Spooky Cup 2017 - ScottyThunder - Oct 28, 2017

(Oct 28, 2017, 03:53 PM)0kamii Wrote: @ScottyThunder

Interesting team, Scotty.

I see you incorporated the core I suggested to you. Sorry I couldn't see how well it worked. I'm curious as to why your Krookodile has a Fightinium Z. In a metagame populated by Ghost-Types, I would've thought you'd go with a Darkium Z.

Also, why an Alolan Raticate? Such a novel choice.

- 0kamii

It was something I went back and forth on for awhile for a few reasons, one of which I forgot to include in the copy paste of the team off of PS, which I will get into shortly. With this tourney being so highly populated by ghost types, I would expect a large amount of dark types as well. With Krookodile being the Pokemon I planned on leading with next to Murkrow whenever possible, I wanted him to have coverage on Dark types. Since I couldn't tutor Superpower onto Krookodile, I had to settle for Focus Blast, which, as I'm sure you're aware, doesn't have the best hit rate. So, I decided the best fix for that would be to give him a Z crystal for it since it would turn it into a 100% hit rate on a base 190 All Out Pummeling

I struggled to find a sixth Pokemon for a while, since I didn't really like a lot of the other Pokes available. I looked through the comments on the sets and cores thread for the tourney for some inspiration and noticed @Kris mention a Hustle Choice Band Alolan Raticate. I laughed at it at first, but then I did some research on it, and discovered how rediculous Hustle on Raticate really is. Adamant/252 Atk/31 IVs puts his base attack stat at 135. Hustle gives a 50% boost to attack, so now it sits well over 200. Swords Dance gives 100% boost to attack, now we're talking INSANELY high damage, and with priority in Sucker Punch and guaranteed SD with a Focus Sash, I couldn't NOT put him on my team! He'd OHKO 90% of the meta! Now, this was all hypothetical of course considering I never got to use the team, but it was super fun to breed and train the guys, and I'll surely try my best to be in the next PF tourney

@ScottyThunder i believe Kris and Spyro were the ones to mention Alolan Raticate, but I'm flattered by the tag  Wink