Pokemon Forever
[DISCUSSION] Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: General Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [DISCUSSION] Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? (/Thread-DISCUSSION-Most-Wanted-Alolan-Forms-in-Ultra-Sun-Ultra-Moon)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - Kris - Nov 4, 2017

The Riddler definitely isn't a fable lol.

I don't want any new Alolan Forms, after a while, I thought they sucked. They're a lazy concept IMO, they're a way of adding new Pokemon without adding new Pokemon. They feel like reskins/colors rather than standing out as amazingly unique. They give me the impression that we're supposed to pay more attention to these Forms rather than the originals. That said, the only Alolan Form I found good was Alolan Muk.

Now IF we do get a new Alolan Form as the Riddler says, hinting it to be a Gen 1 Grass/Poison Pokemon, than I want Alolan Victreebel.

Alolan Victreebel | Type: Grass - Fire | Abilities: Chlorophyll, Flame Body, Corrosion {HA} / OR a new Ability that gives Acid and Acid Spray, a 20% chance to Burn |

RE: Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - PerchPond - Nov 4, 2017

(Nov 4, 2017, 09:39 AM)Kris Wrote: The Riddler definitely isn't a fable lol.

I don't want any new Alolan Forms, after a while, I thought they sucked. They're a lazy concept IMO, they're a way of adding new Pokemon without adding new Pokemon. They feel like reskins/colors rather than standing out as amazingly unique. They give me the impression that we're supposed to pay more attention to these Forms rather than the originals. That said, the only Alolan Form I found good was Alolan Muk.

Now IF we do get a new Alolan Form as the Riddler says, hinting it to be a Gen 1 Grass/Poison Pokemon, than I want Alolan Victreebel.

Alolan Victreebel | Type: Grass - Fire | Abilities: Chlorophyll, Flame Body, Corrosion {HA} / OR a new Ability that gives Acid and Acid Spray, a 20% chance to Burn |
@Kris Hmm, two antagonistic types on one Pokémon can be tricky. Volcanion makes it work, as water+heat makes steam, but what would Grass and Fire add up to? Coal? Maybe a never-ending forrestfire haha

RE: Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - 0kamii - Nov 4, 2017

@PerchPond

Eh, Vikavolt is a little too frail in my opinion to waste all those EVs on Speed. Not to mention Agility takes a turn to set up, increasing Vikavolt's vulnerability. Then again, we've no reason to be disputing this anyway. There's no guarantee of any of it, so it's all rather nihil. I quite like the Fire/Grass typing, though. I think it has the potential to be really cool. I just hope they do it right. Fire/Ice on the other hand...there's a disaster waiting to happen.

@Kris

Sorry you feel that way, Kris.

I quite liked the new forms, and I thought they helped make up for the small number of new pokémon. But I guess everyone has their own opinion. I just liked them because of how they breathed new life into some older, forgotten mons. But I suppose they're not for everyone.

If there are new Alolan forms, I hope you like them. Victreebel especially.

- 0kamii

RE: Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - PerchPond - Nov 4, 2017

@0kamii Agility Vikavolt is the only set apart from Choiced used in OU Singles so it's viable alright. We arent disputing anything in my opinion, simply sharing opinions but whatever

RE: Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - The Flying Scotsman - Nov 4, 2017

I want a fire steel klingklang, but maybe that's just me

RE: Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - 0kamii - Nov 4, 2017

@PerchPond

Yeah, you're right. I've never actually seen an Agility set Vikavolt. Then again, I mostly play Doubles, so that's probably the reason. The only ones I do see in Doubles are the Trick Room/Tailwind versions.

@The Flying Scotsman

If they ever give Alolan forms to Gen 5 mons, bookmark that. That actually sounds really cool!

- 0kamii

RE: Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - RetroTyphlosion - Nov 4, 2017

ALL I WANT IS ALOLAN TYPHLOSION Y'ALL CAN TALK ABOUT YOUR FANCY STUFF BUT I NEED ALOLAN TYPHLOSION

RE: Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - Duranfjg - Nov 4, 2017

(Nov 4, 2017, 08:49 AM)0kamii Wrote: Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and those were four of the mons I want to see Alolan forms for the most! For today's post, I think I'll tag: @stephenWITNESS, @Shika Kashin, @ShinyHunterForLife, and new user @Duranfjg. Your question of the day is:

Which pokémon do you want Alolan forms for the most? And which type would they be?

Looking forward to all the great responses. Please keep it G-rated too! Thanks, everyone!

- 0kamii

I'd like an Alolan Milotic with Fairy/Ground as types. It would be a kind of brown snake with different tones. The upper part of his body would be green, simulating the grass; The tail would have the shape of lilies and roses; And It wouldn't have a horn on his head, keeping the tails on his face, which It would use as "hands".  Big Grin

RE: Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - Mr. Ultracool - Nov 4, 2017

Well, since they added alolan Kanto Pokémon to go with the VC rerelease of RBY, Gamefreak is most likely to add some fourth-gen alolan forms in order to tease a possible remake/rerelease, OR they give Suicune itself an alolan form in order to represent VC Crystal. Tongue

RE: Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? - stephenWITNESS - Nov 4, 2017

I wanted Arcanine to get an Alolan form since the original sun and moon rumours, but we all know how that turned out! I saw a fan art a while back of a water type one and I really like the idea of it. Regular Arcanine is an incredibly versatile pokemon that is usable in both bulky and offensive sets and considering the notoriety of bulky water types I think it greatly add to it as a competive mon....more than it already is!