Pokemon Forever
[DISCUSSION] Best non-legendary user of Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [DISCUSSION] Best non-legendary user of Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands? (/Thread-DISCUSSION-Best-non-legendary-user-of-Z-Celebrate-Happy-Hour-Hold-Hands)

Pages: 1 2

Best non-legendary user of Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands? - PerchPond - Nov 5, 2017

I'm intrigued by the idea of getting a guaranteed Ancientpower-boost to all your stats in one turn,
but what Pokémon can pull it off best?

I'm not bothered about tiers really, nor if it's for doubles or singles, just individual Pokémon.

Obviously Rayquaza, Victini, Jirachi and Ho-Oh can use it really well with their sky-high base stats, so I don't care about them either.

Feel free to leave comments on what you think

Cheers

RE: Best non-legendary user of Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands? - The Flying Scotsman - Nov 5, 2017

z happy hour malamar isn't bad @PerchPond

RE: Best non-legendary user of Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands? - PerchPond - Nov 5, 2017

(Nov 5, 2017, 01:51 PM)The Flying Scotsman Wrote: z happy hour malamar isn't bad @PerchPond
@The Flying Scotsman I guess without Contrary then ^^

RE: Best non-legendary user of Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands? - The Flying Scotsman - Nov 5, 2017

(Nov 5, 2017, 01:53 PM)PerchPond Wrote:
(Nov 5, 2017, 01:51 PM)The Flying Scotsman Wrote: z happy hour malamar isn't bad @PerchPond

Actually it works with contrary @PerchPond

RE: Best non-legendary user of Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands? - PerchPond - Nov 5, 2017

(Nov 5, 2017, 01:55 PM)The Flying Scotsman Wrote:
(Nov 5, 2017, 01:53 PM)PerchPond Wrote:

Actually it works with contrary @PerchPond
@The Flying Scotsman So it doesn't give minus 1 to all stats? Is it because it's a Z-move?

@PerchPond Yes, I just checked on Showdown. A contrary malamar gets plus one in all stats from happy hour

(Nov 5, 2017, 02:06 PM)The Flying Scotsman Wrote: @PerchPond Yes, I just checked on Showdown. A contrary malamar gets plus one in all stats from happy hour
@The Flying Scotsman Sweet, could be cool alongside a Superpower set

RE: Best non-legendary user of Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands? - Kris - Nov 5, 2017

Gyarados.

RE: Best non-legendary user of Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands? - Spyro190 - Nov 6, 2017

The best is Jirachi thanks to its difensively good typing wich helps to setup and its ability. A lot of other users have better options (DDance+Flynium+Moxie Gyarados, MRayquaza, Magic Bounce Espeon, Choice Band/Scarf Victini) and for this reason Celebrate/HH aren't used at all. Greninja and Malamar seem nice on paper, but the reality is that they have more "comfortable" sets.

RE: Best non-legendary user of Z-Celebrate/Happy Hour/Hold Hands? - PerchPond - Nov 6, 2017

I see, it would be cool if there would be someone non-legendary besides Greninja who could utilize all 6 stat-boosts, but there doesn't seem to be one Sad If the event Sylveon would get Pixilate, then +1 Attack Pixilate STAB Quick Attack alongside +1 Hyper Voice could be fun, with a Naive nature or something. Even then it would probably be outclassed by Calm Mind set, or Pixel Plate Pixilate Mono-Fairy move set with a bulky spread and Quiet nature (for Doubles). One can only dream.

The gen 1 starters all have pretty balanced stats so they are the ones closest to being able to pull it off, but their Megas are just stronger. And Venusaur's Chlorophyll+Growth is better than Z-Celebrate.

So so sad