Pokemon Forever
[S/M] Rate my team - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [S/M] Rate my team (/Thread-SUN-MOON-Rate-my-team)

Rate my team - eduardoaviles10 - Nov 11, 2017

Hey guys, I´m trying to build a team for the VGC18 format, and I´d like for your oppinion at the Charizard´s spot since I do not feel comfortable using it, and I do not know how to fill that spot.

Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Snow Warning  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Blizzard  
- Freeze-Dry  
- Aurora Veil  
- Protect  

Krookodile @ Groundium Z  
Ability: Intimidate  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Crunch  
- Earthquake  
- Taunt  
- Protect  

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Psychic Surge  
EVs: 28 HP / 60 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Psychic  
- Moonblast  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Energy Ball  

Celesteela @ Leftovers  
Ability: Beast Boost  
EVs: 228 HP / 116 Def / 44 SpA / 120 SpD  
Modest Nature  
- Flamethrower  
- Flash Cannon  
- Leech Seed  
- Protect  

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry  
Ability: Gluttony  
EVs: 68 HP / 196 Atk / 244 Def  
- Facade  
- High Horsepower  
- Curse  
- Recycle  

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X  
Ability: Tough Claws  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Dragon Claw  
- Fire Punch  
- Dragon Dance  
- Roost

RE: Rate my team - 0kamii - Nov 11, 2017

@eduardoaviles10

Hey, eduar.

Before I say anything, I've two inquires for you.

1.) Seeing as how we don't know how the VGC 2018 format is taking shape (i.e. what people are using both good and bad), it's going to be very hard for anyone to judge your team at this time. So I'd like to ask: What did you build this team to counter exactly? and,

2.) In Doubles, you almost ALWAYS want to use Mega Charizard Y over X. Drought gives your team a considerable boon. If you're worried about conflicting weather setters, switch out Ninetales-A for something with Chlorophyll (Venusaur and Lilligant are two popular options).

Once you get back to me on the first one, then maybe we can help critique your team a little more appropriately. Thanks!

- 0kamii

RE: Rate my team - Spyro190 - Nov 12, 2017

Just my2cents about MCharX: it's absolutely viable. Its typing is absolutely good and paired with its stats it can be both dangerous and hard to shot. MCharY is better as can fit in a lot of teams, while the X version need to be in the centre of the team. While ANinetales (able to KO LandoT) and Celesteela (scared by Koko, wich is countered by MCharX) are good mates, Krookodile and other Ground types work better with the Y version, even if they have Groundium. Atm I can just suggest Flare Blitz instead of Fire Punch, Jolly instead of Adamant, Protect instead of Roost and Thunderbolt instead of Energy Ball, but I guess Krookodile and Modest Celesteela won't be useful at all in VGC18.
Time will tell, I suppose.

RE: Rate my team - PerchPond - Nov 12, 2017

The most basic core from VGC2015 - CHALK - is making a Return in VGC2018. It's an acronym for Cresselia, Heatran, Amoonguss, Landorus-T and Mega Kanhaskhan. So it should probably be the starting consideration for all teambuilding going into VGC2018, even though, as @0kamii pointed out, we know very little right now about what the format will look like. However, I think Terrains are going to be even bigger in this format as Psychic terrain stops M-Kangaskhans Fake Out and Sucker Punch, and Misty and Electric Terrain stops Amoonguss from spreading sleep. So you having Tapu Lele might be good.

As for Charizard-X in doubles, its most prominent strength is making the opponent think it's Charizard-Y, setting up and destroying unprepared victims. A set-up set with Dragon Dance or Swords Dance, Flare Blitz, Dragon Claw and Protect is the most standard and usually the most effective set.

Togekiss or Clefairy/Clefable are some of the best partners. They can redirect moves like Draco Meteor with Follow Me and give Charizard time to set up. So in your case, replacing Ninetales with any of the 3 redirecters mentioned could help you out; Follow me also works well alongside your Snorlax.

Cheers