Pokemon Forever
[US/UM] Ultra Beast Shinys - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: General Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: [US/UM] Ultra Beast Shinys (/Thread-US-UM-Ultra-Beast-Shinys)

Ultra Beast Shinys - TigerThornX - Feb 18, 2018

Heya! Im currently soft resetting for a shiny Nihilego. When I engage in battle with it, it's name appears as ???. Im just making sure it can still be shiny this way? Im pretty paranoid when it comes to shiny hunting, so just making sure im not wasting my time.

Thank you!

RE: Ultra Beast Shinys - 0kamii - Feb 18, 2018

Yes, it can still be Shiny. The ??? just means you haven't registered one in your PokéDex yet. Doesn't affect the Shiny odds.

Hope that helped, @TigerThornX!

- 0kamii

RE: Ultra Beast Shinys - Black Waterfall - Feb 18, 2018

@TigerThornX Apparently yes (but I'm far from an authority on US/UM).

Whether Nihilego is shiny or not seems to be decided at the first time you engage in battle, but I wouldn't take this as a decisive piece of information. Maybe someone else here can confirm this?

Edit: I didn't update this page for hours, and I just noticed that 0kamii already answered the question very well.

RE: Ultra Beast Shinys - TigerThornX - Feb 19, 2018

(Feb 18, 2018, 10:15 PM)0kamii Wrote: Yes, it can still be Shiny. The ??? just means you haven't registered one in your PokéDex yet. Doesn't affect the Shiny odds.

Hope that helped, @TigerThornX!

- 0kamii

Thank you so much! Have a nice day.

RE: Ultra Beast Shinys - TigerThornX - Feb 19, 2018

(Feb 18, 2018, 11:27 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote: @TigerThornX Apparently yes (but I'm far from an authority on US/UM).

Whether Nihilego is shiny or not seems to be decided at the first time you engage in battle, but I wouldn't take this as a decisive piece of information. Maybe someone else here can confirm this?

Edit: I didn't update this page for hours, and I just noticed that 0kamii already answered the question very well.

Ah, alright! Thank you. Have a wonderful day.

RE: Ultra Beast Shinys - Black Waterfall - Feb 19, 2018

(Feb 19, 2018, 12:15 AM)TigerThornX Wrote:
(Feb 18, 2018, 11:27 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote: @TigerThornX Apparently yes (but I'm far from an authority on US/UM).

Ah, alright! Thank you. Have a wonderful day.

@TigerThornX Have an wonderful day too, and, of course, a wonderful Shiny Nihilego as well! Wink

RE: Ultra Beast Shinys - Keith_Kuruzu - Feb 21, 2018

@TigerThornX 

The shiny star spark will still appear.  It's just that it'll happen BEFORE Nihilego gets its red totem aura.

Also, type into Google Images "Shiny Nihilego" to see what a Shiny Nihi looks like with the red aura in case you weren't paying attention when it first appeared.

Good luck in your hunt!  Shiny Nihi is my first, an currently, only Shiny UB that I went out of my way to soft reset for.  It took me a week to get mine (got lucky that it also had the right nature AND Hidden Power so it's a competitive 'mon now); hopefully you get yours sooner!

Also, are you gonna nickname you Shiny Nihi or nah?  I named mine "Yellow Devil".  No particular reason behind it; I just like to nickname all of my 'mons that use for competitive. :D

RE: Ultra Beast Shinys - TigerThornX - Feb 22, 2018

(Feb 21, 2018, 10:45 PM)Keith_Kuruzu Wrote: @TigerThornX 

The shiny star spark will still appear.  It's just that it'll happen BEFORE Nihilego gets its red totem aura.

Also, type into Google Images "Shiny Nihilego" to see what a Shiny Nihi looks like with the red aura in case you weren't paying attention when it first appeared.

Good luck in your hunt!  Shiny Nihi is my first, an currently, only Shiny UB that I went out of my way to soft reset for.  It took me a week to get mine (got lucky that it also had the right nature AND Hidden Power so it's a competitive 'mon now); hopefully you get yours sooner!

Also, are you gonna nickname you Shiny Nihi or nah?  I named mine "Yellow Devil".  No particular reason behind it; I just like to nickname all of my 'mons that use for competitive. :D

Ah, thank you! And yes, I'm going to nickname it Maneter (Norwegian for jellyfish)

RE: Ultra Beast Shinys - gkh1997 - Feb 23, 2018

If you are in original Sun/Moon, Ultra Beasts are shiny-locked, if you are in Ultra Sun/Moon, they can be shiny. Smile

You can consider obtaining Shiny Charm first to boost the shiny-rate. Smile