Pokemon Forever
We Beat Red & Blue in the Battle Tree! - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: General Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: We Beat Red & Blue in the Battle Tree! (/Thread-We-Beat-Red-Blue-in-the-Battle-Tree)

We Beat Red & Blue in the Battle Tree! - 0kamii - Aug 5, 2018

[Image: PPSoLjh.jpg]

Legends in making! It's 0kamii, kind of a brief post today, but only because something rather unexpected happened this time yesterday.

So a long time ago, I made a post bragging about how proud I was of myself for defeating Blue in the Battle Tree. I mentioned in that post that when I eventually thrashed Blue in Super Double Battles, I would do a follow-up and post the team here. Well, if you couldn't tell by the date, that thrashing has not happened yet. I've made good progress, but I capped at 42 wins before I was ulitmately defeated. I've been revamping my team and will continue striving to kick our old rival's keister, but on a whim, @LittleFoxS asked if we wanted to try taking on the Multi Battle challenge at the Battle Tree. We had a few coordinate mons lying around, and amazingly, we actually managed to go the full 20 win-streak, and toppled the Battle Legends! Replay code here:

MATG-WWWW-WWWR-3F82

Not exactly sure how it happened, but we somehow beat them using some leftovers mons we bred and trained from an old league back on our campus. In case you're finishing this post before you watch the replay, the mons we used to climb the Battle Tree's level were as followed.

[Image: torkoal.png] [Image: lurantis.png] [Image: emolga.png] [Image: garchomp.png]

Last time I made a post like this, I made long descriptions for why I chose each of the teammates that I did and how they applied to the grand scheme of blah blah blah...yeah, no. That was not the case this time. This time we literally threw together four mons and saw how far they got. So instead of rambling about who did the most work, or why they were added, I'll just give the spreads. Although I will say, Lurantis was a beast. It took a Flamethrower from a Salazzle in the sun at one point, and lived!

Torkoal
[Image: torkoal.png]
Torkoal @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Sp. Def
IVs: 0 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Protect
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave

Lurantis
[Image: lurantis.png]
Lurantis @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Synthesis
- Leaf Blade
- Solar Blade
- Poison jab

Emolga
[Image: emolga.png]
Emolga @ Yache Berry
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Discharge
- Encore
- Nuzzle

Garchomp
[Image: garchomp.png]
Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide

I continuously stand by the claim that luck was a factor in our ascension of the Battle Tree, but Fox will likely argue otherwise. All the same, I hope you guys like our battle, and rest assured I'm still trying to beat Blue in Super Doubles. I'll get there eventually, with enough practice. And perhaps a bit of luck. Don't forget to let me know if YOU have been Red or Blue in the Battle Tree, and I will see you all tomorrow with "All Our Favorite Ultra Beasts"!

[Image: icon-torkoal.png] [Image: icon-lurantis.png] [Image: icon-emolga.png] [Image: icon-garchomp.png]

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii