Pokemon Forever
JFlynn.tv Triple Team Battle Challenge! Find-A-Team - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Pokemon Battle Requests (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Pokemon-Battle-Requests)
+--- Thread: JFlynn.tv Triple Team Battle Challenge! Find-A-Team (/Thread-VGC-JFlynn-tv-Triple-Team-Battle-Challenge-Find-A-Team)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: JFlynn.tv Triple Team Battle Challenge! Find-A-Team - Shifu - Jan 14, 2015

(Jan 14, 2015, 11:58 AM)Eckley Wrote: @Shifu True,  but at the same time what if there's a point where your team has overlapping pokemon?

for example, what if you were running an Arcanine which is part of the core of your team, but then I need Arcanine to make my team work, what happens then? neither of us would want to drop Arcanine because he makes our teams work
That is when the Discussion comes in, I mean you can use f.e. your Arcanine for Week 1 and I will use mine for Week 2 and we just agree that we switch up Teams week to week. That is part of what a Team needs to have :D

RE: JFlynn.tv Triple Team Battle Challenge! Find-A-Team - Eckley - Jan 14, 2015

@That might work, but the point I'm making is what if we both needed Arcanine in the team for our individual teams to work? We can't both have arcanine at the same time.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure my team won't overlap with you or Black, but I'm just trying to point out a scenario where our teams aren't working to their full potential because we're missing/ Can't use a certain pokemon.

I don't mean just for our team either, this may turn out to be a problem across other teams

RE: JFlynn.tv Triple Team Battle Challenge! Find-A-Team - Shifu - Jan 14, 2015

(Jan 14, 2015, 12:05 PM)Eckley Wrote: @That might work, but the point I'm making is what if we both needed Arcanine in the team for our individual teams to work? We can't both have arcanine at the same time.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure my team won't overlap with you or Black, but I'm just trying to point out a scenario where our teams aren't working to their full potential because we're missing/ Can't use a certain pokemon.

I don't mean just for our team either, this may turn out to be a problem across other teams
That is a challenge ppl have to Deal with. I mean everyone has to deal with it so if one Team can do it other can work something out aswell !

RE: JFlynn.tv Triple Team Battle Challenge! Find-A-Team - tygaa2 - Jan 14, 2015

@Eckley I'm sure it will be hard for all of us, but its an equal playing field of everyone. Nugget Bridge was able to use this format to great success, I'm sure we will be able to do the same.

1001 post hype :D

Ok. I'm not trying to sound so negative, I'm just curious how everything would be worked out

RE: JFlynn.tv Triple Team Battle Challenge! Find-A-Team - evilsabre - Jan 14, 2015

the key is to have innovative picks i mean there's like 400-500 usable pokemon once you take out the prevolution lines you will be able to make 3 teams from that pool with not crossover and i bet you can get 3 top tier teams with no crossover the key issue will be that its alot harder to make what i call all star teams (well rounded best pick teams) since that landurous is on another team etc also all 3 of you can't use the same mega but this is where its gets easy imo when your all picking different megas if you optimize for the mega you should be able to make 3 teams easy with very little overlap. i mean i just made 2 teams with only 1 overlapping pokemon

nothing wrong with asking questions eckley

If it comes down to it just put a Choice Scarf Ditto on your team LOL

(Jan 14, 2015, 12:14 PM)evilsabre Wrote: the key is to have innovative picks i mean there's like 400-500 usable pokemon once you take out the prevolution lines you will be able to make 3 teams from that pool with not crossover and i bet you can get 3 top tier teams with no crossover the key issue will be that its alot harder to make what i call all star teams (well rounded best pick teams) since that landurous is on another team etc also all 3 of you can't use the same mega but this is where its gets easy imo when your all picking different megas if you optimize for the mega you should be able to make 3 teams easy with very little overlap. i mean i just made 2 teams with only 1 overlapping pokemon

This is what I've been trying to say. You're so much better at explaining things Evil :D I know there's a lot of pokemon to choose from, but when it comes to the best/mot used pokemon is where the overlapping starts. I mean look how many people run Talonflame, M Kang etc

But yeah, I suppose it shouldn't be to bad to overcome the problem

RE: JFlynn.tv Triple Team Battle Challenge! Find-A-Team - evilsabre - Jan 14, 2015

talonflame has tonnes of other picks who can fill v similar niches swellow, togekiss, mandibuzz, skarmory, braviary all of these can be tailwind setters while having flying stab. Heck Staraptor is viable and he's v v similar to talonflame

Kang is dead easy to replace i mean hello mega mence and mega metagross exist and both are insane strong mons who do a v similar role as kang but need different supporting cast members which is very good in this format.

All i'm saying is as a person who has always done his best to sit just outside the meta i have never really lacked options for teams yes the strongest mon exists but others exist that can fill v similar roles. The only issue i see if if all 3 of you want to run the same type of weather team that's not really doable.

evilsabre's team building is op.