Pokemon Forever
Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: General (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Movies, Music, Anime, Art, Ect. (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Movies-Music-Anime-Art-Ect)
+--- Thread: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies (/Thread-ANIME-Anime-newbie-looking-for-shows-movies)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Vitamins - Apr 9, 2015

(Apr 9, 2015, 08:08 AM)EspeonKing Wrote:
(Apr 4, 2015, 07:36 PM)weather Wrote: Try "Hal".
I can't remember why i watched it, and i never see anyone talking about it. But damn was it good.
The ending, oh god the ending.

Holy crap the synopsis sounds sad. Is there a english dub for it yet? I only watch dubs, reading tires me out.

dubbed, dubbed you filthy casual Kappa jk, i just want to say that some animes are better in subs but it might just be my opinion
the only anime i cant watch in subbed is DBZ lol

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Chimchared7 - Apr 10, 2015

FAIRY TAIL

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - UndyingUmbreon - Apr 10, 2015

I tried to get into Fairy Tail, but it's just so long and there's so much filler.... I'm not cut out for long series.

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - SenpaisLittleEevee - Apr 11, 2015

I watched Fairy tail and barely got through the first series (not the 2014 series). IMO its better to just read the manga version. Also if it has not been mention and Icannot be bothered checking through 10 pages of recommendations start with the more mainstream anime out such as Clannad, Attack on Titan, One Piece, Bleach, Naurto and so on. Fairy Tail is only if you can be bothered sitting there watching filler arcs that make little or no influence on the main plot.

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - EspeonKing - Apr 11, 2015

(Apr 10, 2015, 11:53 PM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote: I tried to get into Fairy Tail, but it's just so long and there's so much filler.... I'm not cut out for long series.

I feel you, I'd watch One piece if it wasn't so bloody long. Dragon Ball and DBZ were long enough for me :P I quite like the short but sweet anime that just tell one story rather than an ongoing saga. Though I still loved DBZ, it's just very time consuming.

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - UndyingUmbreon - Apr 11, 2015

(Apr 11, 2015, 07:46 AM)EspeonKing Wrote:
(Apr 10, 2015, 11:53 PM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote: I tried to get into Fairy Tail, but it's just so long and there's so much filler.... I'm not cut out for long series.

I feel you, I'd watch One piece if it wasn't so bloody long. Dragon Ball and DBZ were long enough for me :P I quite like the short but sweet anime that just tell one story rather than an ongoing saga. Though I still loved DBZ, it's just very time consuming.

I can put up with about fifty episodes of something before it gets stale to me. Less if there's a lot of filler. I tried to watch One Piece, Fairy Tail, and even Hetalia with just five minute episodes, but I don't have the patience :P It feels like I haven't watched a good anime in a while, so if you know any that are shorter but still good, please let me know

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Vietflame - Apr 11, 2015

Probably my favorite fight scene from Fate Stay Night 2014 and a perfect example of what I meant when I said this anime probably has the best fight scenes of any anime. The fluidity is almost unparalleled and the art style is beautiful. This got me so hyped for the remainder of the anime, and it didn't disappoint.

Don't misunderstand though, this isn't a generic fighting anime. The story shows a lot of emotion especially nearing the final episodes of season 1. Season 2 just started last week, and you can already feel the tension and even intimacy between certain characters. Episode 2 comes out tomorrow I believe. So hyped.

For those getting into the series, I suggest not playing the Visual Novel so you get more surprises.

Also, there is an Episode 0 of Fate Stay Night 2014. So be sure not to miss that episode, as it is very important to the story.

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Vitamins - Apr 11, 2015

yeah i cant watch anything too long, any anime that i like that is too long i just read it.

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Chimchared7 - Apr 11, 2015

NO FAIRY TAIL IS THE BEST

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - EspeonKing - Apr 11, 2015

(Apr 9, 2015, 09:37 PM)Vitamins Wrote:
(Apr 9, 2015, 08:08 AM)EspeonKing Wrote:
(Apr 4, 2015, 07:36 PM)weather Wrote: Try "Hal".
I can't remember why i watched it, and i never see anyone talking about it. But damn was it good.
The ending, oh god the ending.

Holy crap the synopsis sounds sad. Is there a english dub for it yet? I only watch dubs, reading tires me out.

dubbed, dubbed you filthy casual Kappa jk, i just want to say that some animes are better in subs but it might just be my opinion  
the only anime i cant watch in subbed is DBZ lol

haha, yeah they are in some cases. I prefer the FLCL sub more than the dub. But it's runs deeper than only like hearing my native tongue, I work while I watch and it's difficult to do that when I have to ead the subs and watch at the same time, plus I'm a very slow reader anyway. I always feel like I miss what's happening on the screen too :/ but oh well, the price of being a filthy casual is waiting 1-3 years for things to be translated - punishment enough kappa