Pokemon Forever
Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: General (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Movies, Music, Anime, Art, Ect. (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Movies-Music-Anime-Art-Ect)
+--- Thread: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies (/Thread-ANIME-Anime-newbie-looking-for-shows-movies)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - EspeonKing - Mar 6, 2015

(Mar 6, 2015, 03:11 AM)PokeGod Wrote: ... i had written a small description of each but my teb closed some how and made me lazy. If you want ill give you detailed comments on any of these titles just tell me in a comment and i will reply with a description. some of these animes have sexual connotation such as sora no otoshimo, highschool of dead, grantz, and bloodlad but no hentai shire. Kappa yah...... just reply if you want any info

I was wondering what sword art online and highschool of dead are like? I keep seeing sword art online EVERYWHERE :P

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - PokeGod - Mar 6, 2015

(Mar 6, 2015, 04:39 AM)EspeonKing Wrote:
(Mar 6, 2015, 03:11 AM)PokeGod Wrote: ... i had written a small description of each but my teb closed some how and made me lazy. If you want ill give you detailed comments on any of these titles just tell me in a comment and i will reply with a description. some of these animes have sexual connotation such as sora no otoshimo, highschool of dead, grantz, and bloodlad but no hentai shire. Kappa yah...... just reply if you want any info

I was wondering what sword art online and highschool of dead are like? I keep seeing sword art online EVERYWHERE :P

if you watch SAO (Sword art online) and enjoy it you should watch accel world and log horizon they both revolve around virtual reality video games.
SAO is about a new system that is similar to Oculos Rift that we have presently but it is more perfected and Perfectly simulates a real virtual world called nerve-gear of course it is limited edition. soon after that a new game created by the same company that created the nerve-gear. before it is sold to retailers A certain amount of people were chosen for beta testing later on these people become known as Beaters.(im not gonna go in more detail the first episode explains it really well). Soon after the tesitng period is done It is released into the public and thousands of people buy nerve-gears and Sword art online the game created for nerve-gear. Thousands of people play for a while discovering and learning what it felt to be in Virtual reality. But later on when they try to log out.... THEY CANT!!!!! their minds are trapped in Sword art online and if their families attempt to remove the Nerve-gear they will die. the only way for them to exit the game is for them to beat the game. and thats SAO....

Highschool of Dead is a more...... mature anime.... It is a story bout A few teens who Discover that their world as they know has changed... for some unknown zombies have invaded japan and were killing everyone making them into zombies themselves. This animes main characters team up together to survive the zombie Apocalypse. This anime is quite gory and has Hentai aspects to it. It tackles how the world would probably handle the itself if faced with this scenario. I suggest watching this anime alone or you will be judged.....yahh......

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Snoopy Shannon - Mar 7, 2015

HotD was never finished, the anime or the manga so it has an unsatisfying ending and i hear mostly negative things about SAO.

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - PokeGod - Mar 7, 2015

(Mar 7, 2015, 12:00 AM)Snoopy Shannon Wrote: HotD was never finished, the anime or the manga so it has an unsatisfying ending and i hear mostly negative things about SAO.
to each their opinion i guess

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - EspeonKing - Mar 14, 2015

another update on my progress :D
Watched Death Note which I thought overall it was good. but I thought it started off so much better than it ended. It started off clever and cat and mouse and whatnot, but then it kind of fizzled out :/ Still liked it though!
And I watched the Girl Who Leapt Through Time, it was a rather endearing coming of age/timetravel story Smile
Has anyone else heard that there is going to be another Digimon Adventure series with the original characters? I'm pretty stoked for that!

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - PokeGod - Mar 14, 2015

(Mar 14, 2015, 07:05 AM)EspeonKing Wrote: another update on my progress :D
Watched Death Note which I thought overall it was good. but I thought it started off so much better than it ended. It started off clever and cat and mouse and whatnot, but then it kind of fizzled out :/ Still liked it though!
And I watched the Girl Who Leapt Through Time, it was a rather endearing coming of age/timetravel story Smile
Has anyone else heard that there is going to be another Digimon Adventure series with the original characters? I'm pretty stoked for that!

I heard about the New Digimon series Im also completely stoked for that digimon is my go to anime when im abroad to watch because all their episodes are on youtube.
I my favorite part of the girl who leapt through time is when she jumps from her room as the little sister starts apologizing for eating her pudding
do you want me to list a few good anime movies that you should watch?

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - EspeonKing - Mar 15, 2015

(Mar 14, 2015, 08:16 PM)PokeGod Wrote: I heard about the New Digimon series Im also completely stoked for that digimon is my go to anime when im abroad to watch because all their episodes are on youtube.
I my favorite part of the girl who leapt through time  is when she jumps from her room as the little sister starts apologizing for eating her pudding
do you want me to list a few good anime movies that you should watch?

I'm rewatching digimon adventure 02 at the minute I haven't seen it since I was 7 or 8. I'm 21 now...oh boy I'm old -.-
Haha, that was quite funny. She was obsessed about the pudding! xD My favourite bit had to be:
SPOILER ALERT ->her friend borrows her bike to take a girl to a doctor and Makoto sees them in slow motion cycle down the hill towards the train crossing and there was nothing she could do to stop it <-(spoiler is in white font colour - highlight if the spoiler doesn't matter to you)
I gasped so hard I choked haha

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - EspeonKing - Mar 15, 2015

Update: I watched Eden of the East (and the movies) yesterday it was meh, the ending was a bit dissapointing Sad
and I watched Summer wars today. HOLY CRAP THAT WAS A GREAT MOVIE! it made the my top 5 favourite movies ever:
1. Back to the Future
2. SW ep 4: A New Hope
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Dirty Harry
5. Summer Wars
It totally blow my socks and then my pants and then my shirt off. I was not expecting it. I mean it kind of felt like a hybrid of the Digimon Movie and (the Sandra Bullock movie) the Proposal. Haha, but was better obvy. 10/10 would watch again. Heart Heart Heart

(Mar 14, 2015, 08:16 PM)PokeGod Wrote: do you want me to list a few good anime movies that you should watch?
I've got a good list of anime that has been recommended, but more are welcome Smile I can't get enough of anime right now, it's the only entertainment media I'm not nose deep in. So everything is fresh, surprising, and entertaining to me. Smile

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - weather - Mar 16, 2015

If you liked Summer Wars, the director Mamoru Hosoda also directed The Girl Who Lept Through time and Wolf Children- which are both really good.

Also on the note of Summer Wars and Mamoru Hosoda; He's the director for the first 2 parts of the original digimon movie (the one where young Tai and Kari meet koromon and the other one where diaboromon hijacks the internet and tries to set off nukes) the second part sound super familiar right? Hosoda pretty much pitched the second part of the digimon film as another film without an IP attached- which is Summer Wars. Hosoda made the same film twice and got away with it. What a guy.

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - EspeonKing - Mar 26, 2015

(Mar 16, 2015, 01:19 AM)weather Wrote: Also on the note of Summer Wars and Mamoru Hosoda; He's the director for the first 2 parts of the original digimon movie

yes I've heard that already, it's partly the reason why I watched Summer Wars Smile

UPDATE: I've watched Attack on Titan...very good, I love it. Lots of WTF moments that had me at the edge of my seat every episode (which is very difficult to do as I'm very good at predicting what happens next or how a story ends). Great animation and music. I was very impressed.

I've started Sword art online which I think I'm enjoying it. It started off exactly how I thought it would be and I thoroughly enjoyed most of it until it got soppy and limp. I've reached the point he completes the game and has returned to the real world but I'm not sure I want to watch the rest as it feels like a natural stopping point and it seems they've gone off the video game/fighting genre they started with. What do you guys think? Is it worth finishing the rest of season 1 or not?