Pokemon Forever
Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: General (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Movies, Music, Anime, Art, Ect. (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Movies-Music-Anime-Art-Ect)
+--- Thread: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies (/Thread-ANIME-Anime-newbie-looking-for-shows-movies)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - PokeGod - Mar 28, 2015

(Mar 26, 2015, 08:38 AM)EspeonKing Wrote:
(Mar 16, 2015, 01:19 AM)weather Wrote: Also on the note of Summer Wars and Mamoru Hosoda; He's the director for the first 2 parts of the original digimon movie

yes I've heard that already, it's partly the reason why I watched Summer Wars Smile

UPDATE: I've watched Attack on Titan...very good, I love it. Lots of WTF moments that had me at the edge of my seat every episode (which is very difficult to do as I'm very good at predicting what happens next or how a story ends). Great animation and music. I was very impressed.

I've started Sword art online which I think I'm enjoying it. It started off exactly how I thought it would be and I thoroughly enjoyed most of it until it got soppy and limp. I've reached the point he completes the game and has returned to the real world but I'm not sure I want to watch the rest as it feels like a natural stopping point and it seems they've gone off the video game/fighting genre they started with. What do you guys think? Is it worth finishing the rest of season 1 or not?

ok i'm going to be honest with you the ending of season 1 is a softer version of Sao because of the lack of possibility of death, but i believe you should finish till season 2 because (spoiler alert) the death aspect returns. Actually just watch till the end of the 3rd game (season 2 ep 17 i think) up to you haha

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - EspeonKing - Mar 28, 2015

(Mar 28, 2015, 03:29 AM)PokeGod Wrote: ok i'm going to be honest with you the ending of season 1 is a softer version of Sao because of the lack of possibility of death, but i believe you should finish till season 2 because (spoiler alert) the death aspect returns. Actually just watch till the end of the 3rd game (season 2 ep 17 i think) up to you haha

ok thanks I think I will do that Smile its such a good idea I kind of feel sad that 2 years of the SAO game happened in like 13 episodes. I feel like they could have really milked out that game gave us some more adventures and made it more shonen but meh I suppose there would be other people disagreeing with the idea of filler and deviation from the manga. Oh well, it is what it is Smile thanks PokeGod Smile I appreciate all the suggestions people make this anime thing has been really fun :P What does people think of Space Dandy? What's that one all about?

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - EspeonKing - Apr 3, 2015

Goddamn it... I finished Steins Gate yesterday and decided to watch Wolf Children after both rather moved me. Then I decided today to watch The Garden of Words another rather touching story. At this point, the other 3 films made me pretty emotionally fragile. I then decided to keep on rolling and watch something else... 5 Centimeters a Second. I heard it made people cry, but I was like "NAH! I'm way to manly for tears!".

I kid you guys not, it literally mad me weep like a little baby.

Does anyone have any other films like these so I can further emasculate myself? Kappa

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - weather - Apr 4, 2015

Try "Hal".
I can't remember why i watched it, and i never see anyone talking about it. But damn was it good.
The ending, oh god the ending.

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Chimchared7 - Apr 5, 2015

FAIRY TAIL IS THE BEST

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - PokeGod - Apr 6, 2015

(Apr 5, 2015, 01:26 PM)Chimchared7 Wrote: FAIRY TAIL IS THE BEST
I AGREE FAIRY TAIL IS AWESOME BUT TRUST ME NOTHING BEATS ONE PUNCH MAN SO MUCH EPICNESS RIGHT THERE

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Chimchared7 - Apr 6, 2015

NO FAIRY TAIL IS THE BEST

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - SenpaisLittleEevee - Apr 6, 2015

Nope Boku No Pico is definitely the best anime out there right now
*tries to say in a straight face but fails

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - SenpaisLittleEevee - Apr 6, 2015

But in all seriousness, watch fate/stay night and its series. Definitely worthwhile

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Chimchared7 - Apr 7, 2015

NOPE watch fairy tail