Pokemon Forever
Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: General (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General)
+--- Forum: Movies, Music, Anime, Art, Ect. (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Movies-Music-Anime-Art-Ect)
+--- Thread: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies (/Thread-ANIME-Anime-newbie-looking-for-shows-movies)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Vietflame - Apr 7, 2015

Fate Stay Night is definitely the anime to watch at the moment. The anime club at my school were discussing which anime was/is dominating 2014/2015 and the majority of us agreed it was Fate Stay Night. The voice acting and emotions conveyed are superb. The action scenes are also very nice. Actually, it probably has the best animated actions scenes out of any anime. Definitely picking this up on DVD when it comes out.

If you are into more romance, I recommend Nagi no Asukara. In my opinion, this anime delivers unlike any anime before it. There are feelings I can't even begin to describe unless you have watched the anime yourself. Such a dramatic love story that is both heart warming, and heart breaking. This anime will always have a place in my heart. I will be picking this up on DVD when it comes to my region.

The last anime I would recommend is a very unique one. It is called Xam'd Lost Memories. The anime is very character focused. The plot is definitely there and it is an amazing one at that, but at the end of the anime, you are left thinking about how each character has changed and how the plot influences their mentality. It is a beautiful story about finding yourself, and your place in the world. I have the DVD for this anime, and it is the reason I started collecting anime DVDs.

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Vitamins - Apr 7, 2015

i feel like im the only one that didnt like fate stay night that much, it was good but for some reason i dont like it... i would recommend it though

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Snoopy Shannon - Apr 7, 2015

Would you suggest skipping the 2006 adaptation?

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - weather - Apr 7, 2015

(Apr 7, 2015, 02:48 PM)Vitamins Wrote: i feel like im the only one that didnt like fate stay night that much, it was good but for some reason i dont like it... i would recommend it though

Same, no matter how hard i tried i could never get into fate/stay night

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - AshenKrow - Apr 7, 2015

The initial series of Fate/Stay (the 2006 one) was butchered because they tried to do too much without explaining much. Because the original Visual Novel had 3 distinct routes (Fate, Unlimited Blade Works, Heaven's Feel), each with differences, the anime tried to incorporate different elements of these paths into the series but because each path was stand alone, it just made the whole thing confusing. The 2006 series follows mostly Fate, but adds Heaven's Feel into it as well, which didn't help the story at all.

I recommend watching it to get a brief understanding just what is going on, then go and watch the Unlimited Blade Works series (not the movie, it was horrible). It's a more faithful adaptation of the UBW route and much more action packed

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - Vitamins - Apr 8, 2015

you should really watch hunterxhunter or code geass next they are sooo fking good

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - EspeonKing - Apr 9, 2015

(Apr 4, 2015, 07:36 PM)weather Wrote: Try "Hal".
I can't remember why i watched it, and i never see anyone talking about it. But damn was it good.
The ending, oh god the ending.

Holy crap the synopsis sounds sad. Is there a english dub for it yet? I only watch dubs, reading tires me out.

(Apr 7, 2015, 01:25 PM)Vietflame Wrote: Fate Stay Night is definitely the anime to watch at the moment. The anime club at my school were discussing which anime was/is dominating 2014/2015 and the majority of us agreed it was Fate Stay Night. The voice acting and emotions conveyed are superb. The action scenes are also very nice. Actually, it probably has the best animated actions scenes out of any anime. Definitely picking this up on DVD when it comes out.

If you are into more romance, I recommend Nagi no Asukara. In my opinion, this anime delivers unlike any anime before it. There are feelings I can't even begin to describe unless you have watched the anime yourself. Such a dramatic love story that is both heart warming, and heart breaking. This anime will always have a place in my heart. I will be picking this up on DVD when it comes to my region.

The last anime I would recommend is a very unique one. It is called Xam'd Lost Memories. The anime is very character focused. The plot is definitely there and it is an amazing one at that, but at the end of the anime, you are left thinking about how each character has changed and how the plot influences their mentality. It is a beautiful story about finding yourself, and your place in the world. I have the DVD for this anime, and it is the reason I started collecting anime DVDs.

I really appreciate these recommendations I'm definitely gonna give Fate Stay Night a go Smile

(Apr 8, 2015, 09:25 AM)Vitamins Wrote: you should really watch hunterxhunter or code geass next they are sooo fking good

HunterXHunter is up next after Cowboy Bebop Smile

UPDATE: I've just finished FMA: Brotherhood really enjoyed it Smile It wasn't what I thought it would be like at all, but in a good way! It was very fun to watch!

(Feb 5, 2015, 03:40 PM)weather Wrote:
(Feb 5, 2015, 03:35 PM)EspeonKing Wrote:
(Feb 5, 2015, 03:32 PM)weather Wrote: Steins;Gate

and
Steins;Gate

so good you listed it twice or is it a mistake? :P I appreciate the list though!

So good i listed it 4 times  kappa

can confirm: great series <3 does anyone know if the movie is dubbed yet or if there's an english release date for it yet?

RE: Anime newbie looking for shows/movies - weather - Apr 9, 2015

(Apr 9, 2015, 08:08 AM)EspeonKing Wrote: Holy crap the synopsis sounds sad. Is there a english dub for it yet? I only watch dubs, reading tires me out.

Yep, there sure is.

(Apr 9, 2015, 08:27 AM)EspeonKing Wrote: can confirm: great series <3 does anyone know if the movie is dubbed yet or if there's an english release date for it yet?

It's been licensed by funimation, so i assume they'll eventually release a dub. But nothing available as of yet afaik.