Pokemon Forever
[RATE MY TEAM] need advice/rate - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: [RATE MY TEAM] need advice/rate (/Thread-RATE-MY-TEAM-need-advice-rate)

Pages: 1 2

need advice/rate - rudexdudes - Feb 18, 2015

I'm fairly new to competitive battles and I'd like to think this team is good but I'm not 100%. Any suggestions on how to make the team better is highly appriciated.

Grenada @ Expert belt
Timid Protean
252SpAtk 252Spe 4th Def
Scald
Ice beam
Grass knot
Dark pulse.

Volcarona @ leftovers
Modest Flame body
96HP 252SpAtk 160Sp
Quiver dance
Fire blast
Giga drain
Bug buzz

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Thick fat
252Atk 4Def 252Spe
Ice fang
Earthquake
Superpower
Protect

Dragonite @ don't have an item idea.
Adamant Multiscale
4HP 252Atk  252Spe
Roost
Fire punch
Dragon claw
Thunder punch

Gardevoir @ Safety Goggles
Modest Trace
252HP 124Def 108SpA 20SpD 4Spe
Moonblast
Psychic
Wil-o-wish
Taunt

Mega Venasaur
Bold
252HP 240Def 16Spe
Giga drain
Sludge bomb
Synthesis
Sleep powder

Any suggestions on different moves, items, or even different pokemon will help. Thanks.  :D

RE: need advice/rate - tygaa2 - Feb 19, 2015

For VGC it's very useful to run protect on some Pokemon

RE: need advice/rate - PKPatriot56 - Feb 19, 2015

This team seems VERY weak to Talonflame, for one thing (and that's just off the top of my head). Even Greninja is going to have trouble with it:

252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 282-333 (98.9 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

And Greninja is really the only thing you have that can effectively deal with it. It would also be helpful to know what format you intend to play, because what is good for one format may not be good for another.

RE: need advice/rate - rudexdudes - Feb 19, 2015

(Feb 19, 2015, 10:44 AM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: This team seems VERY weak to Talonflame, for one thing (and that's just off the top of my head). Even Greninja is going to have trouble with it:

252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 282-333 (98.9 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

And Greninja is really the only thing you have that can effectively deal with it. It would also be helpful to know what format you intend to play, because what is good for one format may not be good for another.

I put thunder punch onto dragon it for a second coverage of talonflame.
Maybe I could add a rock slide onto mamoswine for even more coverage?

RE: need advice/rate - Podfighterninja123 - Feb 19, 2015

(Feb 19, 2015, 10:33 AM)tygaa2 Wrote: For VGC it's very useful to run protect on some Pokemon

Looks VERY Good but ye Tygaa is right

RE: need advice/rate - Vexian - Feb 19, 2015

Your gardivoir build seems interesting. I realize you want a poke I. With taunt but I think that Gardivoir is such a good attacker. Maybe a build like moonblast, dazzling gleam, Psyshock/psychic, and energy ball. And with that use choice specs for your item.. Dazzling gleam would be used for spread or if you face a misdirection like a follow me or rage powder. Moon blast if you see a wide guard aegislash. As for psychic, I prefer Psyshock over psychic that way you have an answer to both physical and special tanks

RE: need advice/rate - PKPatriot56 - Feb 19, 2015

(Feb 19, 2015, 10:50 AM)rudexdudes Wrote:
(Feb 19, 2015, 10:44 AM)PKPatriot56 Wrote: This team seems VERY weak to Talonflame, for one thing (and that's just off the top of my head). Even Greninja is going to have trouble with it:

Rock Slide is usually a good idea to have somewhere on a team. Assuming that you're playing VGC, you definitely want to have some spread moves at your disposal, along with Protect, which has already been touched upon by others.

(Feb 19, 2015, 11:11 AM)PKPatriot56 Wrote:
(Feb 19, 2015, 10:50 AM)rudexdudes Wrote:

Rock Slide is usually a good idea to have somewhere on a team. Assuming that you're playing VGC, you definitely want to have some spread moves at your disposal, along with Protect, which has already been touched upon by others.

I was thinking about adding protect to mega venasaur so I could protect when I use earthquake with mamoswine. That way there's a way to stop the damage being dealt. Is that a decent strategy or would it be better placed upon a different pokemon?

(Feb 19, 2015, 11:07 AM)Vexian Wrote: Your gardivoir build seems interesting.  I realize you want a poke I. With taunt but I think that Gardivoir is such a good attacker. Maybe a build like moonblast, dazzling gleam, Psyshock/psychic, and energy ball. And with that use choice specs for your item..  Dazzling gleam would be used for spread or if you face a misdirection like a follow me or rage powder. Moon blast if you see a wide guard aegislash. As for psychic, I prefer Psyshock over psychic  that way you have an answer to both physical and special tanks

Hopefully interesting in a good way!
I was thinking gardevoir with taunt because it's tankier and can most likely take hits from most moves? If you still think I should change it out who should get the tint into their moveset?

RE: need advice/rate - Vexian - Feb 19, 2015

In doubles it's probably a good idea to use protect on as many of your pokemon as possible. Unless you run a choice item or assault vest it's probably a good idea to run protect