Pokemon Forever
help with team - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: Competitive Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Pokemon-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Competitive Discussion Archive (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Competitive-Discussion-Archive)
+---- Thread: help with team (/Thread-help-with-team)

Pages: 1 2

help with team - peter1994 - Nov 17, 2014

Hello everyingone

I am new to online battles only done muck around ones with a couple of mates back in gen4 I would like some help with my team as it would help a lot I've not got black Or white nor black2 or white2 so I can't get any moves from the tutor so far this is my team plus I need a tank pokemon could anyone give me any ideas and help me out with a team I'd be so greatful for your help thank you Smile

Talonflame

- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Item Attached: Sharp Beak / Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 60 Spd
Adamant Nature

Garchomp

Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earthquake
Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Protect/Swords Dance
Item Attached: Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force (Sand Veil on Garchomp)
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP 252 SAtk 4Def
Adamant/Jolly Nature

Blazekin

- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Protect / Knock Off
Item Attached: Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature

Greninja

-Greninja w/focus sash
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Moves: Hydro Pump,
Ice Beam,
Extrasensory,
Grass Knot/Dark Pulse

Gardevoir

-Psyshock
-psychic
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 24 Def/232 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: choice scarf
Ability: Trace

RE: help with team - ChaseInfinity - Nov 17, 2014

I dont know if this is exactly what your looking for but this is my talky Reuniclus build http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-VGC-or-SMOGON-Reuniclus-Tank-Stall

RE: help with team - peter1994 - Nov 17, 2014

(Nov 17, 2014, 05:01 AM)Animekid7 Wrote: I dont know if this is exactly what your looking for but this is my talky Reuniclus build http://thejustinflynn.tv/forum/Thread-VGC-or-SMOGON-Reuniclus-Tank-Stall

Thank you for that I will try it out and. Could you give me feed back on my four pokemon let me know if there good thanks

RE: help with team - tygaa2 - Nov 17, 2014

Hi peter is this team for singles or doubles?

(Nov 17, 2014, 06:39 AM)tygaa2 Wrote: Hi peter is this team for singles or doubles?

Hi Tyga
I do abit of both but I'm looking for a team that is single battle as I find them a lot easy to would love your help mate thanks

RE: help with team - tygaa2 - Nov 17, 2014

I know very little about singles strategy peter. I'm sure someone with singles knowledge will post feedback soon tho.

RE: help with team - evilsabre - Nov 17, 2014

your team feels very clunky to me calm mind on a scarf gardevoir is pointless, mega garchomp needs sand for max effectiveness but currently no one on your team can generate it geninja's fine but if you go with a sand team don't run sash on it as you won't be able to use it. I'd also say you don't want that many pokemon with set up its typically hard to get so dropping a couple of swords dances wouldn't be a bad idea either say dropping it on talon for u-turn to get you good switches.

You really need to decide what you want your team to do and who its built around. You can build around 1-2 mons normally to get a solid team but at the moment i feel like your trying to run some kind of crazy sweeper heavy team with not many pokemon to force switches or create openings at the moment.

(Nov 17, 2014, 01:29 PM)evilsabre Wrote: your team feels very clunky to me calm mind on a scarf gardevoir is pointless, mega garchomp needs sand for max effectiveness  but currently no one on your team can generate it geninja's fine but if you go with a sand team don't run sash on it as you won't be able to use it. I'd also say you don't want that many pokemon with set up its typically hard to get so dropping a couple of swords dances wouldn't be a bad idea either say dropping it on talon for u-turn to get you good switches.

You really need to decide what you want your team to do and who its built around. You can build around 1-2 mons  normally to get a solid team but at the moment i feel like your trying to run some kind of crazy sweeper heavy team with not many pokemon to force switches or create openings at the moment.
I think tyranitar can go sandstorm I'd replace that poke with blaze my greninja I was thinking life orb. And maybe a good tank pokemon?
U-turn sounds a good idea

RE: help with team - evilsabre - Nov 17, 2014

(Nov 17, 2014, 02:45 PM)peter1994 Wrote:
(Nov 17, 2014, 01:29 PM)evilsabre Wrote: your team feels very clunky to me calm mind on a scarf gardevoir is pointless, mega garchomp needs sand for max effectiveness  but currently no one on your team can generate it geninja's fine but if you go with a sand team don't run sash on it as you won't be able to use it. I'd also say you don't want that many pokemon with set up its typically hard to get so dropping a couple of swords dances wouldn't be a bad idea either say dropping it on talon for u-turn to get you good switches.

You really need to decide what you want your team to do and who its built around. You can build around 1-2 mons  normally to get a solid team but at the moment i feel like your trying to run some kind of crazy sweeper heavy team with not many pokemon to force switches or create openings at the moment.
I think tyranitar can go sandstorm I'd replace that poke with blaze my greninja I was thinking life orb. And maybe a good tank pokemon?

tyranitar has sand stream so its an ideal ss setter and can function as some bulk on your team greninja with life orb wud be a huge improvement.
If your going for a ss team i would consider dropping gardevoir just so you can get another pokemon that benefits from the sand in but it depends on how that effects team balance. As for your bulk ferrothorn would be a good consideration since ss doesn't bother him and he's a great wall, another potential ss setter would be hipowdon.

How would you feel about this team:
Tyranitar
Garchomp-Mega
Talonflame
Greninja
Ferrothorn
Aegislash

Covers nearly every type well while being able to generate sand and 4 of your team don't mind the sand with both ttar and garchomp both benifiting heavily from it. Aegisslash can be run as a special attacker as well as ttar ferro becomes a strong wall/pivot for you and tt has some nice bulk in a ss additionally you can use aegi as a pivot and talon and greninja allow for revenge killing with greninja have excellent type coverage.

Edit: gardevoir still works just makes your team a bit fragile

(Nov 17, 2014, 03:15 PM)evilsabre Wrote:
(Nov 17, 2014, 02:45 PM)peter1994 Wrote:

tyranitar has sand stream so its an ideal ss setter and can function as some bulk on your team greninja with life orb wud be a huge improvement.
If your going for a ss team i would consider dropping gardevoir just so you can get another pokemon that benefits from the sand in but it depends on how that effects team balance. As for your bulk ferrothorn would be a good consideration since ss doesn't bother him and he's a great wall, another potential ss setter would be hipowdon.

Ok so what about normal garchomp with an item as I heard it loose speed when mega tyranitar greninja life orb and put hipowdon in maybe swarmpert aswell?