Pokemon Forever
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Site Changes, Suggestions, and Feeback Thread - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: Getting Started (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Getting-Started)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-Announcements)
+--- Thread: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Site Changes, Suggestions, and Feeback Thread (/Thread-ANNOUNCEMENT-Site-Changes-Suggestions-and-Feeback-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Site Changes, Suggestions, and Feeback Thread - Podfighterninja123 - Aug 30, 2015

(Aug 30, 2015, 03:49 PM)Animekid7 Wrote:
(Aug 30, 2015, 03:44 PM)Luisito Wrote: I have 4 suggestions.
These are not necessary, just silly stuff.

1. Remove image limit at least for Trusted Users. Right now the limit is 10. I want to use more sprites! More space or riot!!  :D

2. Forum's own Pokemon Sprite Directory.

This is a Pokemon sprite: [Image: mewtwo-mega-x.png]

3. Forum's own Pokeball Sprite Directory.

This is a Pokeball sprite: [Image: heavyball.png]

4. Can we get a space to write our own bio in our profiles?

hmm i like the idea of a directory of some way of easily getting sprites for pokemon, i just think it would be a large job for MyCupcake$ (trying to find a good way to shrink does him name Kappa ) having to do that for 700+ pokemon is kinda stressful, but other people could help if he could be willing to do it

We could link a site like http://www.pokestadium.com/tools/sprites and have it embedded into the forum so you can just pick sprites from it.

RE: Site Changes, Suggestions, and Feeback Thread - Luisito - Aug 30, 2015

(Aug 30, 2015, 03:49 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: hmm i like the idea of a directory of some way of easily getting sprites for pokemon, i just think it would be a large job for MyCupcake$ (trying to find a good way to shrink does him name Kappa ) having to do that for 700+ pokemon is kinda stressful, but other people could help if he could be willing to do it

Is stealing Pokemon sprites from another website illegal? I mean, they stole them from the game anyways.
I can save all their sprites and send them to Cupcake or Justin. All 700+.
I am willing to help for the cause if Cupcake or Justin approve.

(Aug 30, 2015, 03:54 PM)podfighterninja123 Wrote: We could link a site like http://www.pokestadium.com/tools/sprites and have it embedded into the forum so you can just pick sprites from it.

That is too much work to link one by one. It's better to have your own and link those.
I use PokeStadium anyways.

Oh, you mean to link the entire database tool? O.o

RE: Site Changes, Suggestions, and Feeback Thread - GiMYz - Aug 30, 2015

(Aug 30, 2015, 03:41 PM)Animekid7 Wrote:
(Aug 30, 2015, 03:38 PM)podfighterninja123 Wrote:
(Aug 30, 2015, 03:32 PM)Animekid7 Wrote:
(Aug 30, 2015, 03:30 PM)GMX Wrote: An user tagging system would be GREAT
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss, something like @GMX should do something like in the User Setting, the thread where you were tagged would appear in there

then everyone spams it which causes the mods to remove it Kappa

probably :\

Trusted Users only Rolleyes

RE: Site Changes, Suggestions, and Feeback Thread - Justin - Aug 30, 2015

(Aug 30, 2015, 03:55 PM)Luisito Wrote:
(Aug 30, 2015, 03:49 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: hmm i like the idea of a directory of some way of easily getting sprites for pokemon, i just think it would be a large job for MyCupcake$ (trying to find a good way to shrink does him name Kappa ) having to do that for 700+ pokemon is kinda stressful, but other people could help if he could be willing to do it

Is stealing Pokemon sprites from another website illegal? I mean, they stole them from the game anyways.
I can save all their sprites and send them to Cupcake or Justin. All 700+.
I am willing to help for the cause if Cupcake or Justin approve.

(Aug 30, 2015, 03:54 PM)podfighterninja123 Wrote: We could link a site like http://www.pokestadium.com/tools/sprites and have it embedded into the forum so you can just pick sprites from it.

That is too much work to link one by one. It's better to have your own and link those.
I use PokeStadium anyways.

Oh, you mean to link the entire database tool? O.o

I will talk to Jeff about it because it will most likely be time consuming. He's seriously helped so much already. Maybe if he tells us what he needs done we can make it easy for him. Also, I believe Pokemon owns the rights to everything (in the world) lol.

(Aug 30, 2015, 04:16 PM)Justin Wrote: I will talk to Jeff about it because it will most likely be time consuming. He's seriously helped so much already. Maybe if he tells us what he needs done we can make it easy for him. Also, I believe Pokemon owns the rights to everything (in the world) lol.

Sounds great. There is a ton of work going around already and piling work on top of that is definitely not good!!
But if you guys decide to do it and need my help, let me know!

RE: Site Changes, Suggestions, and Feeback Thread - Bright_Shadow21 - Aug 30, 2015

I have a few suggestions that might help the website! They maybe already in the works and they maybe already a thing which I havent discovered yet.

1. Can mods Lock/close old threads? I saw someone comment on a couple month old thread, which then brings it back to the surface for everyone to see again. I think it was an old giveaway in which someone was asking whether it was still open.

2. A member search? for example if I wanted to talk with a person named "Pikachu" within the forum and they werent on and they werent in my buddy list, I would have no way to reach them. If I could search for there member name, I could then be able to private message them, add to buddy list etc.

3. Maybe a share with Facebook, or Twitter button?

4. Monster hunter-Super Smash Bro's should be included in 'General Gaming'

Thats enough of the suggestions. But I am going to bring something else up other than changes and implementations.

I know this website is predominately pokemon based and I love that, dont get me wrong. But I want for people to come here to share there ideas and thoughts besides gaming, maybe more real life sort of stuff like feelings (ew). Recently I have been asking people pokemon related questions in the "General Pokemon Discussion" section of the forum and I know there is an "Everything Else" section for other conversations. Could possibly change/add a section and name it just 'General Questions'

*edited* Now reading over it I just made another suggestion after saying thats enough of suggestions Kappa *edited*

Tell me what you think of my thoughts and ideas, brain storm off what I have mentioned, completely agree or disagree. I like a healthy discussion!
Bright_Shadow21

(Aug 30, 2015, 04:30 PM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote: 1. Can mods Lock/close old threads? I saw someone comment on a couple month old thread, which then brings it back to the surface for everyone to see again. I think it was an old giveaway in which someone was asking whether it was still open.

They can. They do. Naitre does.
They are not 24/7 on the forum tho, so give them some time to notice stuff.
If extremely necessary you can PM them.

RE: Site Changes, Suggestions, and Feeback Thread - Bright_Shadow21 - Aug 30, 2015

Quote:They can. They do. Naitre does.
They are not 24/7 on the forum tho, so give them some time to notice stuff.
If extremely necessary you can PM them.

Thanks for the clarification! Any thoughts on the other suggestions I made?

RE: Site Changes, Suggestions, and Feeback Thread - Justin - Aug 30, 2015

(Aug 30, 2015, 04:30 PM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote: I have a few suggestions that might help the website! They maybe already in the works and they maybe already a thing which I havent discovered yet.

1. Can mods Lock/close old threads? I saw someone comment on a couple month old thread, which then brings it back to the surface for everyone to see again. I think it was an old giveaway in which someone was asking whether it was still open.

2. A member search? for example if I wanted to talk with a person named "Pikachu" within the forum and they werent on and they werent in my buddy list, I would have no way to reach them. If I could search for there member name, I could then be able to private message them, add to buddy list etc.

Thats enough of the suggestions. But I am going to bring something else up other than changes and implementations.

I know this website is predominately pokemon based and I love that, dont get me wrong. But I want for people to come here to share there ideas and thoughts besides gaming, maybe more real life sort of stuff like feelings (ew). Recently I have been asking people pokemon related questions in the "General Pokemon Discussion" section of the forum and I know there is an "Everything Else" section for other conversations. Could possibly change/add a section and name it just 'General Questions'

*edited* Now reading over it I just made another suggestion after saying thats enough of suggestions Kappa *edited*

Tell me what you think of my thoughts and ideas, brain storm off what I have mentioned, completely agree or disagree. I like a healthy discussion!
Bright_Shadow21

Thanks bright, added everything that isn't currently being worked on.  :D

RE: Site Changes, Suggestions, and Feeback Thread - Agro - Aug 30, 2015

(Aug 30, 2015, 03:44 PM)Luisito Wrote: 4. Can we get a space to write our own bio in our profiles?
There is actually a space for that, I didn't know. /:

Actually, there wasn't. I added it in quick after seeing your suggestion. ;P

(Aug 30, 2015, 04:30 PM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote: 2. A member search? for example if I wanted to talk with a person named "Pikachu" within the forum and they werent on and they werent in my buddy list, I would have no way to reach them. If I could search for there member name, I could then be able to private message them, add to buddy list etc.

2. Adding now. Turns out it already exists and we just don't have a link to it yet: http://pokemonforever.com/memberlist.php

3. Possibly. We'll see.

4. Now that we've changed to PokemonForever, this will probably happen pretty soon.

(Aug 30, 2015, 04:30 PM)Bright_Shadow21 Wrote: I know this website is predominately pokemon based and I love that, dont get me wrong. But I want for people to come here to share there ideas and thoughts besides gaming, maybe more real life sort of stuff like feelings (ew). Recently I have been asking people pokemon related questions in the "General Pokemon Discussion" section of the forum and I know there is an "Everything Else" section for other conversations. Could possibly change/add a section and name it just 'General Questions'

Not a bad idea. I'll reassess the non-Pokemon discussion forums and come up with some better organization.

As for the Pokemon sprite database, I suppose I can fiddle with the smiley system to make it work. It'd probably work like the the current smiley system where you'd just type "Pikachu" and it'll place the sprite there. Like you guys pointed out, it'll probably take a ton of time though. Even if I had every single sprite sitting here in a folder on my PC the data entry required would be like an all day thing. xD

That said, I'm not against the idea of making it easier on you guys who use those images. If anyone gets a folder all ready and zipped up for them all, that'd be a huge help. Try to keep it to only one style of sprite and, if you want, maybe we can do shiny versions in a separate folder.