Pokemon Forever
Favorite Pokemon Gen? - Printable Version

+- Pokemon Forever (http://pokemonforever.com)
+-- Forum: POKéMON (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-POK%C3%A9MON)
+--- Forum: General Pokemon Discussion (http://pokemonforever.com/Forum-General-Pokemon-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Favorite Pokemon Gen? (/Thread-Favorite-Pokemon-Gen)

Pages: 1 2 3

Favorite Pokemon Gen? - TheSmexyPotato - Nov 3, 2015

I'm really interested to hear about what generation is all you peep's favorites.

Mine personally in order is:
Gen III
Gen VI
Gen II
Gen I
Gen IV
Gen V

These are all fun games to me, despite them being mainly the same. I enjoy all of them but my least favorite is definitely Gen V because of the overall boring Pokemon. The only Pokemon I cared for was the Legendaries and the events. It's still pretty fun, but given Platinum and Black 2, I'd play Platinum. My favorite is White  2 out of all of Gen V.

Gen IV is still great, featuring the Gen II remakes and Pearl, Platinum, and Diamond. My favorite games out of this gen are Soul Silver and Platinum.

Gen I features the most memorable Pokemon and always brings brack the most memories to me. My favorite here is Red.

Gen II features more Pokemon, adds a new region, as well as keeping the old one, and brings lore to the region that makes the game interesting. Favorite is Silver.

Gen VI blew my mind. I still play X and Y when I do all my trades, and my Omega Ruby copy doesn't get played often. The graphics are fresh, the land is new, the battles are more intense, and the level of interaction that I got with other players in this game was crazy. To me, that's what made this game. My favorite is probably X.

Gen III is my most favorite because of the Pokemon, the region layout, the soundtrack, the plot, and the Acro Bike. This game is like Crysis 3, but better!

RE: Favorite Pokemon Gen? - bradar485 - Nov 3, 2015

I should say either gen 1 or 2. Gen 1 if we're talking the original pokemon games but gen 2 if we're including remakes. I guess hg/ss was technically gen 4? But it was perfect as an improvement of the original

RE: Favorite Pokemon Gen? - TheSmexyPotato - Nov 3, 2015

(Nov 3, 2015, 08:42 PM)bradar485 Wrote: I should say either gen 1 or 2. Gen 1 if we're talking the original pokemon games but gen 2 if we're including remakes. I guess hg/ss was technically gen 4? But it was perfect as an improvement of the original

I'd count Soul Silver as Gen II because of the Pokemon.

RE: Favorite Pokemon Gen? - SenpaisLittleEevee - Nov 3, 2015

Right now I'd have to say gen 2 since it was the first generation of pokemon I ever played through.
For a list from fav to not fav I would say
Gen 2
Gen 1
Gen 3
Gen 6
Gen 4
Gen 5

RE: Favorite Pokemon Gen? - markings - Nov 3, 2015

Best : Gen 2
Worst : Gen 5 (probably because of the starters)

Just my personal opinion.

RE: Favorite Pokemon Gen? - AceTrainerSam - Nov 4, 2015

I think gen 3 is the best. gen 5......... I dont like it that much

RE: Favorite Pokemon Gen? - Asha - Nov 4, 2015

gen 2 then gen 5

RE: Favorite Pokemon Gen? - Eckley - Nov 4, 2015

Gen 1 and 3 are fighting for the top spot, but I think I'd have to go with gen 1 for nostalgia reasons. Also, I think I'm one of the few people who like gen 5. Pokemon design wise, it's the worst, but as far as the storyline goes I thought it was really good

RE: Favorite Pokemon Gen? - ChaseInfinity - Nov 4, 2015

If i had to pick on order i probably choose:
Gen 3
Gen 4
Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 6
Gen 5
i actually liked gen 5, like Eckley said i loved the story but its not my favorite generation

RE: Favorite Pokemon Gen? - PKPatriot56 - Nov 4, 2015

See I always dislike the wording of questions like this because I've never disliked a Pokemon game, so I feel like questions like this invalidate the quality of any Generation that isn't the one you started with.

It's the same problem with, say, the Zelda series when people talk about which one is the best of all. But such a question makes you forget that any given Zelda game is still of a very high quality compared to all video games instead of just Zelda ones.

So of course I'm inclined to say that I prefer Gen 3, because that's the generation from which I feel the most nostalgia, but at the same time, I've enjoyed every Pokemon game since in a similar way.

Rant over.