Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] Smogon Metagame Megathread
You guys know how we do this. Discuss your findings and experiences with the metagame here as it comes to fruition and evolves. What mons are you seeing? Popular sets? Who do you like to run? What themes are popular? Let us know!

P.S.: To avoid confusion, please write about what tier you are talking about in your post. Thank you!
Sooooo.... whats up with all these new mons? A majority of them are soooo slow with decent defenses and low HP stats. Has the meta shifted to stall teams or just slow and bulky in general? Been a long time since I played lol
Wishiwashi-School @ Choice Band  
Ability: Schooling  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA  
Lonely Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Ice Beam  
- U-turn  
- Waterfall
This wishiwashi way to OP try it out yourself
@naitre Yea youre right it is too early to tell with the gen 7 pokemon. I was just wondering if bulky teams or stall teams were more popular before sun/moon even released
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP/ 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Scald
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Hurricane

Use this with Kingdra and Thunder Tapu Koko is sooooo good. Pelipper is the best new weather setter.
(Nov 18, 2016, 10:51 AM)Idle Wrote: Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP/ 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Scald
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Hurricane

Use this with Kingdra and Thunder Tapu Koko is sooooo good. Pelipper is the best new weather setter.

Honestly just having access to U-Turn gives Pelipper such an advantage on the other weather setters. Then it has reliable recovery on top of it
Silvally @ Life Orb
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Swords Dance
- Parting Shot
- Shadow Claw

Here comes the B O O M!
(Nov 18, 2016, 03:34 AM)Bucsfan818 Wrote: Sooooo.... whats up with all these new mons? A majority of them are soooo slow with decent defenses and low HP stats. Has the meta shifted to stall teams or just slow and bulky in general? Been a long time since I played lol

@Bucsfan818 Slow =/= Stall. You even said yourself that most of them had bad HP stats, meaning they aren't that bulky.
(Nov 18, 2016, 04:04 PM)Elly Wrote:
(Nov 18, 2016, 03:34 AM)Bucsfan818 Wrote: Sooooo.... whats up with all these new mons? A majority of them are soooo slow with decent defenses and low HP stats. Has the meta shifted to stall teams or just slow and bulky in general? Been a long time since I played lol

@Bucsfan818 Slow =/= Stall. You even said yourself that most of them had bad HP stats, meaning they aren't that bulky.

@Elly I know slow and stall dont mean the same thats why I said stall or slow and bulky. And what I meant in that post (which i didnt really word very well now that i read it again tbh) was what the meta was like towards the end of gen 6. What type of teams were popular (balanced, hyper offense, stall, etc.). Because i think a lot of players will probably be in the honeymoon phase with these new mons which, in my opinion based on their base stats, a lot of them seem to fit into stall or slower paced style teams. Which couldve shaped the meta until they just made evrything OU again anyway lol
Do you think with the right ev and iv spread and a sleep talk set that mudsdale could become a bulky physical sweeper/wall