Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Best Pokemon Teams In VGC 2017 (San Jose Regional Championship)
Here is a list of the Top Pokemon teams in Sun Moon so you can see some of the best Pokemon in VGC 2017.

These are the results of the First Pokemon Regional Tournament inSan Jose featuring some of the top players in America!

If you want movesets for some of the best competitive Pokemon then click here for our VGC 2017 and SMOGON OU Pokemon Moveset Forum.

Or check out this list for the best pokemon movesets for the most used pokemon in VGC 2017.

WINNER

Gavin Michaels
[Image: magnezone.png][Image: araquanid.png][Image: porygon2.png][Image: hariyama.png][Image: drampa.png][Image: mimikyu.png]

TOP CUT

Enosh Shachar
[Image: tapufini.png][Image: araquanid.png][Image: kartana.png][Image: krookodile.png][Image: marowak-alola.png][Image: porygon2.png]

Mitchell Davies
[Image: tapukoko.png][Image: tapubulu.png][Image: golduck.png][Image: pelipper.png][Image: muk-alola.png][Image: porygon2.png]

Arvin Roman
[Image: porygon2.png][Image: gigalith.png][Image: kartana.png][Image: arcanine.png][Image: tapukoko.png][Image: goodra.png]

Ashin Mehta
[Image: politoed.png][Image: tapubulu.png][Image: arcanine.png][Image: magnezone.png][Image: porygon2.png][Image: gastrodon-east.png]

Aaron Zheng
[Image: pelipper.png][Image: tapulele.png][Image: metagross.png][Image: tapukoko.png][Image: kartana.png][Image: golduck.png]

Gary Qian
[Image: arcanine.png][Image: muk-alola.png][Image: porygon2.png][Image: gastrodon-east.png][Image: tapukoko.png][Image: mimikyu.png]

Gustavo G.
[Image: marowak-alola.png][Image: tapukoko.png][Image: celesteela.png][Image: gastrodon-east.png][Image: garchomp.png][Image: muk-alola.png]
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
The most exciting VGC tournament I've seen so far. It's a shame Aaron dropped out before finals though but he did have a pretty bad matchup against Tapu Koko and Porygon2 Trick Room
[Insert signature here]
Nice to see some of these diverse teams do so well especially at my home state. Despite the "best" team didn't use a single Tapu, most of the top cut still has at least one Tapu to mitigate terrains. Honestly, just looking at the Top Cut itself and I can see how there's a push and pull between offensive and defensive playstyles, especially after the rise of defensive teams from the international event at London. There's definitely a ton of unexplored areas in this format that we've yet to scratch so hopefully this year will be rather fun to watch and compete.
(Dec 19, 2016, 12:29 AM)Black117 Wrote: Nice to see some of these diverse teams do so well especially at my home state. Despite the "best" team didn't use a single Tapu, most of the top cut still has at least one Tapu to mitigate terrains. Honestly, just looking at the Top Cut itself and I can see how there's a push and pull between offensive and defensive playstyles, especially after the rise of defensive teams from the international event at London. There's definitely a ton of unexplored areas in this format that we've yet to scratch so hopefully this year will be rather fun to watch and compete.

Im surprised that we didn't see a single Oranguru in top 8, but after playing online it seems to be a little gimmicky right now. Maybe it will find it's place at some point in 2017.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Dec 19, 2016, 01:50 AM)Justin Wrote:
(Dec 19, 2016, 12:29 AM)Black117 Wrote: Nice to see some of these diverse teams do so well especially at my home state. Despite the "best" team didn't use a single Tapu, most of the top cut still has at least one Tapu to mitigate terrains. Honestly, just looking at the Top Cut itself and I can see how there's a push and pull between offensive and defensive playstyles, especially after the rise of defensive teams from the international event at London. There's definitely a ton of unexplored areas in this format that we've yet to scratch so hopefully this year will be rather fun to watch and compete.

Im surprised that we didn't see a single Oranguru in top 8, but after playing online it seems to be a little gimmicky right now. Maybe it will find it's place at some point in 2017.
The problem with Oranguru is that it really only has one moveset that people use. TR, Instruct, Protect, Psychic. While it is pretty bulky, the fact that the P2 set has a chance for status makes it the preferred TR mon.
I'm really glad I got to see a goodra. The Lord Goom has blessed us with such an appearance \o\ and all dem porygons tho ;-;

It looks like field conditions are going to be the meta now, which is nice since it definitely will bring out a little more diversity since you generally can't just staple on an old sweeper and have it do as well. It makes me wonder however, how horrific the monsters like tyranitar and friends are going to play later, and if its going to be similar to good ol gen 5 weather wars, where if you don't have weather counters, you go home and cry in a bathtub full of grape jelly.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
Great matches! that Muk surviving with one HP was clutch, probably cost him the first game. It was fun seeing two araquanids in the finals, if I remember correctly Enosh's had stockpile z move and he went 12-0 losing only in the finals.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?