Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TOURNAMENT] January 2017 Website Tournament ( VGC17 Format )
January 2017 Website Tour (VGC17 Format)

[Image: salamence_vs__garchomp___the_final_battl...4h40gw.jpg]
deviantart by pokemon-master
Overiew

Alright so its been a long time since I've hosted a VGC Tournament for the site. Despite the rather long hiatus, am excited to announce I'll be hosting a VGC 17 Tournament this late January 28th or 29th at about 11:00 am Pacific Time (GMT: -8). Just like previous website or twitch tournaments hosted in the community prior, the tour will be based on a single elimination with at most 32 people to fill. Rounds one, two, and potentially three will be Bo1, meanwhile semifinals and finals of this tournament will be a Bo3. You don't nessesary have to "report" battle codes until reaching the top 8 of the tournament. Currently decided to have the tournament be based on cartrige play, so have Pokemon Sun / Moon  with a proper VGC 17 team ready, and the VGC 17 rules "downloaded" prior. Everyone who's participating in the tournament most be in the Pokemon Forever's Discord Channel and comply with the chatroom rules as well. The reason why I'm hosting these tournaments is to help you all ge better at battling on a "competitive level" and hopefully get practice in the Current VGC 17 format. Then again, the do want everyone here to have fun playing their battles and no "salt" or any issues occur while this happens. 

Registration

I will be using  "Challonge" as our main tournament format. For those interested in competing in this tournament, first setup a "Challonge" account to register, next click the "Go to Registration" button. After you have registered please submit the following in this thread for "additional" registration. 

Tournament Form

Forum Name =
Challonge Account =
In-Game Name = "Name of your Character on Cart"
Friend Code = "Number assigned to Every 3DS" 
Discord Name = Important: Must be an active one

The tourney will start at about January 29th, 2017 11:00 am Pacific (GMT: -8) with check in about 30 minutes beforehand. We can start early if possible.

Tournament Rules

Here are some rules and some regulations about the tournament. Please read through when considering to join.

- Standard VGC 17 rules apply. If you don't know the ruleset, here's the link

-Each round will be a best of 1 until Semifinals and Finals, then the last phase will be best of 3.

- As far as pokemon legality goes, you can bring any pokemon as long as it complies to VGC 2017 rules and aren't obvious hacks (ie over 510+ evs, illegal movesets/abilities/Pokemon). Likewise I don't want people to assert claims about the opposing team not being "legit" and I want this tourney to run smoothly.

-NO ONE IS ALLOWED to change or alter their Pokemon no matter what (IN-GAME), or at least based on stats/coverage (Showdown). If someone is "caught" doing so via battle videos, then the player is automatically disqualified.

-Disconnections: If there is a disconnection in the battle, both players are entitled to have another match with their conditions (same leads, different mons), without any penalties. However if it is notice that one of the Player's internet connection isn't working properly, unfortunately I will be force to drop that person out after 3 DCs. If someone disconnects while the battle outcome is bluntly obvious (ex. 3-4 healthy/capable Pokemon while opponent has 1-2 [if both have status] low health pokemon and gets outspeed), they lose their match automatically (not the round itself).  

-Showdown Rules: "If" this is a Showdown tourney, please message the player you're suppose to fight and initial a battle ASAP. Each round has about 30 minutes to complete. Players can elect the use of the Showdown timer, however if it does down to zero, the person who either disconnected or timed out loses their first match (if Bo3.

-NOTE: I will be working on this thread and the challonge page throughout the weekend so stay tune for updates.

Countdown to Tournament

Here's a countdown link of the tournament.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/ge...&font=hand

Link to the Tournament

http://challonge.com/JanuaryPFVGC17

FORUM DISCORD

Link

TOURNAMENT SPREADSHEET:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
If there are any discrepancies or questions regarding anything about the Tournament, feel free to PM or comment here so I'll answer those concerns. Keep in mind will be update this thread throughout the next three weeks as well.
Forum name: Vinnie
Challonge name: TheyCallMeVinnie
In-Game name: Vinnie
Friend Code: 3583-3155-9472
Discord name: Vinnie
#LillieDefenseSquad
Forum Name: ScottyThunder
Iin Game Name: Scotty
FC: 2380-4356-8757
Discord Name: Scotty

I haven't done a VGC Style tourney in a few years, so I'll be a bit rusty, but I'm mainly joining to have a good time and learn some new things!

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop
Forum Name = Siqueirapowered
Challonge Account = Siqueirapowered
In-Game Name = Siqueira
Friend Code = 0361-9583-0752
Discord Name = siqueirapowered
PF/Challonge : Podfighterninja123
IGN : Owen
FC : 3282-3520-6752
Discord : Pod
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century