Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Order of Battle Operations
Does anyone know what happens when in a battle?

-Example (wrong in places I'm sure)-
Before Turn: Snow Warning, Terrain, Spikes, Stealth Rock, etc.
Before Move: Mega Evolution, Helping Hand, (Prankster), Protect, Detect, etc.
Priority Move: Extreme Speed etc. Between Move: Poison Touch, Static, etc.
Standard Move: Thunderbolt, Tackle, Stun Spore, etc.
Slow Move: Avalanche, etc.
After Move: Leftovers, Poison, Stealth Rock (double battle - KO)

Bonus Question (the lame reason I'm wondering this critical competitive information): If I Stealth Rock while chaining for Black Sludge Grimer, will the damage be recovered after they appear if holding Black Sludge?
Short answer: You'd have to wait another turn to see if it heals with a Black Sludge, as the Call for Help happens at the very end of a round.

The progresson goes more or less like you laid out. First abilities are triggered, then switching, then mega evolution, then moves. Every move has its own priority on a scale of +5 to -7, with most being a neutral 0. You can find the priority info on Bulbapedia, Serebii, wherever you frequent. Then the after-move effects happen, with a new Pokemon coming in during Doubles or a Call for Help happening at the very end and hazards triggering on a new Pokemon coming in.
(Jan 11, 2017, 12:20 PM)Rockycombo Wrote: Short answer: You'd have to wait another turn to see if it heals with a Black Sludge, as the Call for Help happens at the very end of a round.

The progresson goes more or less like you laid out. First abilities are triggered, then switching, then mega evolution, then moves. Every move has its own priority on a scale of +5 to -7, with most being a neutral 0. You can find the priority info on Bulbapedia, Serebii, wherever you frequent. Then the after-move effects happen, with a new Pokemon coming in during Doubles or a Call for Help happening at the very end and hazards triggering on a new Pokemon coming in.

Thanks! So the new version would look something like this? (for those searching in the future):

Abilities
Switching, (Hazards)
Mega Evolution (resolved in order of speed)
Moves (source Bulbapedia):
+5 Helping Hand
+4 Baneful Bunker, Detect, Endure, King's Shield, Magic Coat, Protect, Spiky Shield, Snatch
+3 Crafty Shield, Fake Out, Quick Guard, Wide Guard, Spotlight
+2 Ally Switch, Extreme Speed, Feint, First Impression, Follow Me, Rage Powder
+1 Accelerock, Aqua Jet, Baby-Doll Eyes, Bide, Bullet Punch, Ice Shard, Ion Deluge, Mach Punch, Powder, Quick Attack,
      Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch, Vacuum Wave,  Water Shuriken
0 All other moves
-1 Vital Throw
-2 None
-3 Beak Blast, Focus Punch, Shell Trap
-4 Avalanche, Revenge
-5 Counter, Mirror Coat
-6 Circle Throw, Dragon Tail, Roar, Whirlwind
-7 Trick Room, fleeing
End of Turn Items/Abilities/Effects (resolved in order of speed)
Looks good to me. The only odd-ish thing is that Pokemon coming in to replace a fainted Pokemon or Calling for Help happens as the final thing before a new turn (which then checks hazards and abilities again, though that's pretty common sense).
(Jan 11, 2017, 01:06 PM)Rockycombo Wrote: Looks good to me. The only odd-ish thing is that Pokemon coming in to replace a fainted Pokemon or Calling for Help happens as the final thing before a new turn (which then checks hazards and abilities again, though that's pretty common sense).
Oddish

You called?
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades