Poll: Do you want me to do a VGC analysis of Rampardos?
This poll is closed.
Yes!
81.82%
9 81.82%
I'm good...
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] All Our Favorite Fossil Pokemon!
Hey, everybody! My name is 0kamii! I've been doing a lot of work over in the Competitive forurms, but I've slowly started to realize that I miss the fun and general discussion this website provides. And while I may still be working on my Emolga and Alomomola teams, that doesn't mean I can't still kick back and spark a discussion. And one of my favorite things to talk about are fossil pokemon! Personally, I'm bummed that Gen 7 didn't introduce any new fossil pokemon, but at least there's always generation 8! But anyway, I wanted to know what everyone else's favorite fossil pokemon are! Personally, my favorite fossil pokemon is:
[Image: rampardos.png]
Recreationals (Set 1)

Held Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Mold Breaker
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Moveset:
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Crunch
Zen Headbutt

Yep, it's Rampardos. He's so much fun to use in Singles, and with a base 165 Attack stat he can wreck teams if given the proper set-up. I know he's a bit frail, but every mon has its weakness. Other fossil pokemon I adore are:

[Image: aerodactyl.png]  [Image: armaldo.png] [Image: tyrantrum.png]

Aerodactyl was one of the original fossil pokemon, and to this day it's the only one with a Mega Evolution. Armaldo holds distinction with me because it was my very first fossil pokemon back in my Sapphire version. And the newest edition to this line-up is Tyrantrum. Personally, I love Tyrantrum because it's a Dragon-Type T-Rex (or Cryolophosaurus)! If that isn't cool, then I don't know what is. Anyhow, I'd love to hear from all of you in the comments below. What are your favroite fossil pokemon? Thanks for the posts in advance, and I look forward to our paleological discussions!

- 0kamii

Update: 5/16/2017 - 2:19pm

My friend said it would be cool to incorporate some of my favorite sets into this post, so I've included a standard set for Rampardos above, and a not-so-standard set below. For Set 2, make sure you have some Tailwind support to help Rampardos get over its Speed hurdle. I've found success pairing him with Whimsicott which gets priority Tailwind thanks to Prankster. Toy around with it as you please.

[Image: rampardos.png]
Recreationals (Set 2)

Held Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sheer Force
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Moveset:
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Crunch
Iron Head
Update: 5/23/2017 - 6:16pm

For those of you wondering, I no longer use images from Bulbapedia because they have a tendency to glitch out or get blocked. That's understandable, and thus I've started using images from PokemonForever's archive. As for my title card images, like the ones I have at the start of my other posts, those are pulled from free websites that have no copyright and are free to be used by the public. If anyone knows anything otherwise, let me know. I have a new VGC analysis planned for next week, and I have a different post planned for either Thursday or Friday. I also have another new and exciting project in development, and I thank everyone for the support over the last few months. I hope to update these posts again soon with further news. Thanks again, and battle onwards friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

My favourite fossil pokemon by far would have to be good old kabutops. I'm not entirely sure why but ever since I first got one back in Diamond I have loved those guys. I finally got a shiny one recently on Sun, which is amazing. Big Grin
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
I like Kabutops because he was the first fossil I ever got. I've always been more partial towards pterodactyls, so when I saw Aerodactyl, I just had to have him! When Rampardos was released, I wasn't too sure I'd like him, but as time went by, I started to like him more. Aurorus was my first fossil in X, and is currently one of my favorite Pokemon in general due to its Ice-typing. Smile

Maybe I'll make a Fossil Team. That could be fun to play. Tongue
Praise lord Helix
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
My favorite fossil 'Mon is gonna have to be this guy:
[Image: 250px-565Carracosta.png]
First off, Carracosta is durable. It's got a great base Defense of 133, and though it isn't the best, it sure is useful. Its 108 base Attack goes great with its mainly Physical movepool, and, when set up correctly, can be a great addition to a team.
Second, its design is great. I like the cold, deep blue color scheme and the stony design of the shell and "mask."
Third, Gen 5 had to be my favorite generation of Pokemon. (GASP! UNPOPULAR OPINION!) Being one of the first Pokemon games I'd ever played, I made a lot of great memories in Pokemon Black with my Carracosta. Also, being my only Water type, this prototurtle was a big part of my team.
Fourth, and the final part of my argument, the Pokedex entries make it very clear that this guy is incredibly powerful, sturdy, and dangerous;
"They can live both in the ocean and on land. A slap from one of them is enough to open a hole in the bottom of a tanker." -Pokemon Black, X, and Omega Ruby.
"Incredible jaw strength enables them to chew up steel beams and rocks along with their prey." -Pokemon White
"It could knock out a foe with a slap from one of its developed front appendages and chew it up, shell or bones and all." -Pokemon Black 2, White 2, Y, and Alpha Sapphire
"It constructed its sturdy shell by crunching and swallowing the hard shells or bones of its prey." -Pokemon Sun
"Active both on land and in the sea, this Pokémon drags its land-based prey into the water to finish it off." -Pokemon Moon

Mine tend to look something like this:

Carracosta @ Wide Lens or Damp Rock
Adamant or Brave
252 Atk/4 Sp.Def/252 Def
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Withdraw
- Smack Down
@TheAlmightySancho @Night Blaze I like Kabutops, but I find it humorous how its Hidden Ability is Weak Armor, and yet so many of its PokeDex entries talk about its shell. It does look really cool, though. Have either of you heard the fan theory that Genesect is a revived and subsequently mechanized Kabutops?

@SenpaisLittleEevee Praise Helix!

@ToxicTarrn If you like Carracosta, here's a set I used for a Singles tournament on my campus back in the fall. I didn't win, but I came very close. I was beaten by a Lurantis in the semi-finals. Dodgy Figures.

Held Item: Weakness Policy
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sturdy
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Moveset:
Shell Smash
Liquidation
Earthquake
Stone Edge

The idea was to let myself get hit by a super-effective move, survive thanks to Sturdy, which would subsequently activate my Weakness Policy, boosting my attack to a monstrous +4. And thus, the sweeping began. Since Carrascosta's Speed at 50 with max investment is 92, Shell Smash doubles that to 184, letting it outspeed almost anything. Sans when Trick Room is up. But it was a lot of fun to use, and I only lost because I was outplayed. If you want, I could breed my Carracosta and send you a carbon copy of this mon, I am a first-class breeder after all!

- 0kamii

@0kamii 

Yeah, I've seen it. It's fairly convincing.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
Rampardos is probably the only fossil Pokemon I really like. Kabutops and Tyrantrum are pretty cool too.
Carracosta has got to be my favorite he's strong and durable and his amazing ability in solid rock makes it so he can even shrugoff x3 grass type attacks <3 Cradily is a close second with that cute face :3 and absolutely love that Grass/Rock typing!
@Skyla Good to see I'm not the only person that adores Rampardos. He's easily in my top 10 favorite pokemon! Probably number 2 or 3.

@wartty You are the second person that has doted on Carracosta, and I can see why. I've had fun with him in the past, and I think Archeops has potential as well. I really like both Gen 5 fossils. But if I had to choose, yeah, I think you and @ToxicTarrn have the right idea. I'd rather run into battle with a Carracosta! Smile

- 0kamii