Tyrantrum
80.95%
17 80.95%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

The Shiny Showdown Week 4: Bulbasaur vs Tyrantrum
Star 
As the third week of The Shiny Showdown has come to a close, with Bruxish claiming a sizeable victory of 18 votes to 4 over Spearow. Congratulations to @wartty for nominating the winning Pokemon! We now move on to week 4, where it seems like we have a match up similar to last weeks, but I don't think theres point in calling it just yet. The two battling shinies we have this week are:

[Image: 001.png]
Bulbasaur the Seed Pokémon (nominated by @Vinnie )

Vs

[Image: 697.png]
Tyrantrum the Despot Pokémon (nominated by @PerchPond)

I'm hoping that this will be a close matchup as both of these shinies definitely have their selling points. Bulbasaur might fall into two of the main categories for boring shinies, looking very similar to it's normal sprite and being one of the infamous green(er) shines. But, I actually prefer it's shiny sprite. The grass green suits it better in my opinion and even though it's a very slight change it makes it look much better. And then we have Tyrantrum. I don't think I have to explain this pick much as it's just a great shiny in general! With it's drastic shift in colour scheme, it doesn't let down one bit. It's pallet of blues, greys and whites fits it perfectly. Anyway, good luck to both shinies and hopefull the best one will win!

Win a Shiny Bulbasaur or Tyrantrum!
To be in for a chance to win a BR shiny Bulbasaur or Tyrantrum, after you vote, leave a reply to this thread with which shiny is better and why you think it is. I will pick the winner next Friday and they will be announced in Week 3 of The Shiny Showdown!

Last Weeks Winner!
Congratulations to @Reis who is the winner of the shiny BR Bruxish!

(To Main Thread) (To Challonge Bracket)
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!
I think tyrantrum looks better due to the fact that 
A. It isn't relished and worshipped as "Original gen 1 master"
and B. I think the shiny looks better.

Also, I don't really need a shiny bruxish, you can give it to someone else ^_^
Ait, time to talk up my homie Tongue  So Tyrantrum's serene shiny colourscheme of blue, grey and white makes it such an aesthetically pleasing shiny, right up there with the heavenly likes of shiny Nidoking and shiny Corsola. So my thoughts are as follows: its basic colourscheme of maroon, orange and white reflects Tyrantrum's Rock-typing, while when shiny, the blue colour highlights its Dragon-typing. Just spitting out Dragon Rage upon its subjects as the Despot Pokemon, and looking cool in the process.

Cheers
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
(Sep 23, 2017, 12:39 PM)PerchPond Wrote: Ait, time to talk up my homie Tongue  So Tyrantrum's serene shiny colourscheme of blue, grey and white makes it such an aesthetically pleasing shiny, right up there with the heavenly likes of shiny Nidoking and shiny Corsola. So my thoughts are as follows: its basic colourscheme of maroon, orange and white reflects Tyrantrum's Rock-typing, while when shiny, the blue colour highlights its Dragon-typing. Just spitting out Dragon Rage upon its subjects as the Despot Pokemon, and looking cool in the process.

Cheers

@PerchPond Spitting out Dragon Rage is less intimidating when it will only ever do 40 HP ;P
@Reis Ait, "Spitting out [Insert any Dragon-type move that involves projectiles] Wink
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
Gotta give this one to my boy Tyrantrum. I used the Masuda Method to hunt one of those for recs and I'm absolutely in love with him. The blue fits his royal demeanor, and his posture is fit for a king. Overall, the color compliments him in more ways than one. If it were between Venusaur and Tyrantrum, the decision might be a bit harder. But here, I have to say Tyrantrum.

Two claws up!  Big Grin

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Yeah, it's based on a T. Rex, meaning king after all, and the blue makes it look far more royal than it's normal form's brown! Tongue Bulbasaur just has no chance, seeing how the change is so incredibly minuscule in something so rare! One should at least be able to see the difference... Undecided
I'm back again.
Charmander is red,
Shiny Tyrantrum is blue.
Bulbasaur,
his shiny is better than you.

Also, Bulbasaur autocorrects to Balthazar.
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
(Sep 23, 2017, 01:44 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: Charmander is red,
Shiny Tyrantrum is blue.
Bulbasaur,
his shiny is better than you.

Also, Bulbasaur autocorrects to Balthazar.

Bastion Bulbasaur Books.
Royal Blue
all I have to say
Dont know why I never thought to put this here...
All your Hidden Ability needs in one place <3