Poll: Do you think we'll be getting new Alolan forms?
This poll is closed.
Yes!
81.25%
13 81.25%
No...
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon?
[Image: ultra-sun-ultra-moon-logo.jpg]

Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and since the window for these kind of posts is closing, I thought it best to do this now!

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon are, if you can believe it, less than two weeks away from their international release! @LittleFoxS and I already pre-ordered our copies, and by this point I'm counting the days! One thing I've noticed that I've put off though was the thought of any possible new Alolan forms. While I think it's still unlikely that were going to get any, despite what this fabled Riddler claims, it's always fun to speculate about what Nintendo could possibly concoct. So I dipped around the Kanto PokéDex and chose four pokémon that I think could use a little island love. These pokémon are either already popular, or in dire need of some attention from the Pokémon Company. But hey, they ripped Torkoal out of the gutter, so why not these guys? Here's four of the Alolan Forms I want to see the most in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon!

Most Wanted Alolan Forms in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon?

DISCLAIMER: NONE of these Alolan Forms have been officially confirmed by Nintendo, they are all fanart that I've tastefully incorporated into my post for the sake of having a good visual reference. Enjoy the post!

1) Alolan Koffing/Weezing

[Image: koffing_weezing_forma_alola__100__real_n...afcn4c.png]
Fire Rock

I'm honestly surprised that Koffing and Weezing DIDN'T get an Alolan form the first time 'round. They are very memorable mons from the first generation, and I think a volcanic incarnate would make perfect sense for these two translating to Alola. Clearly, I'm not the only one that thinks so. This fanart does a good job of capturing both the Fire and Rock typings, even though it's not done in Nintendo's style. Frankly, I'd include a little more ash coming out of the plumes, but I'm still grateful to see someone else thinks a Fire/Rock Koffing would be amazing! It has to keep its Levitate ability though, two x4 weaknesses are no good. Another disclaimer, I came up with all the origins for these mons myself, so if they match up with a pre-existing one, I promise it's purely coincidence. Here's what I imagine the Dex entry would say:

"Once it found its way to Alola, the Koffing aborbed much of the volcanic gases surrounding Wela Volcano Park. By absolving the heat and the ash, Koffing gained the ability to produce its own fire. The density of the gas lets it retain its ability to levitate."

2) Alolan Venomoth

[Image: venomoth_alola_form_by_sergiur12-dag8dq2.jpg]
Bug Electric

Yet another great example of fanart that matches up perfectly to what I was thinking. Venomoth is easily one of the least memorable Bug-Types of Gen 1, often getting over-shadowed by the likes of Butterfree, Pinsir, and Scyther. Especially Scyther. So for Venomoth, I know it may seem odd to slap on the Electric-Type, but I have a very good reason! As of now, Joltik and Galvantula are the only mons in the game with the Electric/Bug typing, and I think my interpretation of this Venomoth's origin makes perfect sense! Here, have a listen to the hypothetical Rotom Dex:

"These nocturnal creatures hunted in the darkness of the desert. Soon, their paralyzing capabilities were enhanced by the nearby power plant. Afterwards they started to glow, and produced electricity from their abdomen."

3) Alolan Farfetch'd

[Image: e8db7f51bcd0c6d310b1f43e6488039ae481dd94_hq.jpg]
Fighting Flying

Even I'm guilty of disregarding poor poor Farfetch'd. I even planned on Shiny hunting it because I liked the pink, but it sat on the list so long unhunted I just booted it off. Farfetch'd is just one of those pokémon that no one takes seriously, no matter what it does or where it shows up. But I think giving Farfetch'd a completely new look, and turning it into a Fighting/Flying-Type will finally help it be taken seriously! I'm also feeling really lucky that I found this awesome fanart! It's everything I imagine and more, minus the stalk sword. You'll find out in a second. I was reading through Farfetch'd's Dex entries for inspiration, and I noticed that it mentioned that Farfetch'd uses the stalk like a sword, so I came up with this Dex entry:

"Constant fighting between Farfetch'd over territory sharpened them into battlehardened warriors. Their stalks have become their primary means of defense, and are utilized like a katana."

4) Alolan Kingler

[Image: krabby_and_kingler_in_alola__by_villi_c-daopfpl.jpg]
Water Steel

I still can't believe how similar my thoughts were to some of these artists! I mean, what are the odds? I honestly thought for Alolan Kingler I was going to have to just slap a picture in here of a regular Kingler and throw the Water/Steel typing beneath it and then explain why! But gees, these people are so talented! Anyway, Alolan Krabby/Kingler probably have my favorite backstory of all the Alolan forms I've imagined. I know that only my baby, my boy, Empoleon as the Water/Steel typing, but I'm not so insecure enough to have him lose that unique typing. Empoleon is important enough to me to stand on his own! That being said, here's the origin for why Kingler is now a Water/Steel type:

"In an effort to protect itself from the native Toxapex, Kingler covered itself in the debris of sunken ships. The metal has since been absolved by the crustacean's body, turning it into a Steel-Type."

Well, that's all for my first Saturday post! There's going to be another one later tonight covering a very special occasion for Amethyst 0mega! Thank you all so much for reading, and don't forget to tell me which new Alolans forms YOU want to see the most in the upcoming games! We won't have to wait long, so if there's ever a time to be hyped, it's now!

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Hey, everybody! I'm still 0kamii, and those were four of the mons I want to see Alolan forms for the most! For today's post, I think I'll tag: @stephenWITNESS, @Shika Kashin, @ShinyHunterForLife, and new user @Duranfjg. Your question of the day is:

Which pokémon do you want Alolan forms for the most? And which type would they be?

Looking forward to all the great responses. Please keep it G-rated too! Thanks, everyone!

- 0kamii

My three favourite Gen one pkmn are Geodude, Oddish, and Pidgeot qnd assuming Oddish gets a form I would love if Pidgeot got a new form. However I have NO idea wht type it could be. Seeing a ghost or fairy flying could be cool but we dont need more fairies.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
@Dova

Well, Pidgeot's PokéDex entries mention that it hunts by skimming the surface of the water. Maybe in Alola, Pidgey and the rest of its line have adopted a completely coastal aquatic lifestyle and have morphed into a Water/Flying-Type? I imagine it's Speed and Sp. Attack would go up, and it would probably be great on Rain teams, especially if it got Swift Swim. What do you think of that, Dova?

- 0kamii

(Nov 4, 2017, 09:02 AM)0kamii Wrote: @Dova

Well, Pidgeot's PokéDex entries mention that it hunts by skimming the surface of the water. Maybe in Alola, Pidgey and the rest of its line have adopted a completely coastal aquatic lifestyle and have morphed into a Water/Flying-Type? I imagine it's Speed and Sp. Attack would go up, and it would probably be great on Rain teams, especially if it got Swift Swim. What do you think of that, Dova?

- 0kamii

I thought about that-and had a major conflict in my head-but didnt say anything personally because water is my least favorite type. (no offense to water fans, but im more of a fire type user.)
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
Alolan Mareep line. Really fluffy. I don't like that the originals lose their fuzz as they grow older. Sad  Gastly would be cool. Maybe Pigeot?  RAPIDASH.  PLEASE.  Oh goodness I'd love a new version of Rapidash, possibly as a rare attack-oriented speedy fairy type (I know we have too many fairies, but, well...  It IS a unicorn, after all!) Smile  Or maybe a water type that evolved that way to deal with rivalry from Mudsdale?  That'd be an interesting take. Although it might be too kelpie-ish (we already have one.)  Any new Absol would be great, too- what about a partial or full grass type, to be more integrated into Alola's nature? Smile  (With a flower on its head because cute and it's Hawaii.)
The Venomoth one is far too similar to Vikavolt in my opinion to ever be realized, too bad though, Venomoth's shiny is one of the best ones out there.
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
@Dova

Ah, I see. Well, no worries. Personally, I don't think Pidgeot is going to get an Alolan form because it already has a Mega. If any of your three, Oddish is the most likely candidate, but I've no idea what it could be. Its Dex entries do mention it burying itself underground a lot, so maybe a Grass/Ground incarnate wouldn't be too bad? Sure, it'd be weak to Ice, but no mon is without its hubris.

- 0kamii

@Chansey

An Alolan Rapidash based on the Greek Hippocampus? Not a bad idea, Chansey. Changing Rapidash to Water-Type would definitely come as a shock to a lot of fans, but the Fairy interpretation makes a lot of sense too! Like you said, it is a unicorn. Though I don't think any Gen 2 pokémon, so I think it's best not to get your hopes up on that Alolan Flaaffy. Great ideas, though!

@PerchPond

I know it's similar to Vikavolt, but there's really no other type combination that makes sense for Venomoth. Besides, Vikavolt can be the Trick Room Bug/Electric-Type! Alolan Venomoth can be the non-Trick Room Bug/Electric-Type. It'd probably have a great boost to its Speed anyway. May as well take advantage of it! Big Grin

- 0kamii

@0kamii In my opinion, Psychic/Bug or Psychic/Poison makes more sense than Bug/Electric on Venomoth. It gets several Psychic moves like Confusion, Psybeam, and Psychic by leveling up and its purple-ish which i personaly connote with the Psychic-type. The Alolan form could then be some Venomoths in Alola getting in contact with Tapu Lele,  discovering their Psychic powers, honing them and mutating over time, passing on a new Psychic typing to their kids.

Vikavolt can both go slow with a Quiet nature or go fast with Timid nature+Agility (plus Electric-type=go fast, at least for the most part) and Venomoth gets Quiver Dance. So they would both go fast or whatever.
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda