2 40.00%
No...
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SPOILER] See Prompt Inside - USUM Spoilers
Hey, everybody! It's 0kamii, and out of courtesy to everyone that hasn't beaten their copy of USUM yet, I decided to cloak today's prompt in mystery...

Of course, if you're still reading this, then that means 1) You have beaten the game or 2) you don't care about the game and are about to spoil yourself. Either way, you are your own person and I can't control your life decisions. So yeah, now that I've established that this post will contain spoilers: How hard was that battle with Ultra Necrozma? Gees, I'm certain that everyone reading this post got their team wiped out at least once after reaching that point in the game. Heck, to be completely honest, I thought for sure that you were SUPPOSED to lose the first time I battled him. At that point in the game, unless you insanely over-leveled, your party was only supposed to be around 50. And here comes big bad Necrozma at 60, plus the Totem boosts! Sheesh. Easily one of the most surprising and difficult battles in any main series game, nothing like the ones I talked about here. And I'm curious to know how we all did. So I'd like to start by sharing my personal play-by-play of the battle.

How Did You Defeat Ultra Necrozma?

My fight against Ultra Necrozma lasted three attempts. The first time I got swept and thought that we were supposed to lose. But after I got sent back to the Pokémon Center, I realized that wasn't the case. On the second attempt, I mostly did scouting, and I noticed that Necrozma was resistance to my Primarina's Sparkling Aria. Since it's definitely not Grass-Type. I realized it must've been Dragon-Type. Which gave rise to my master plan, which resulted in my victory on the third attempt. Here's the play-by-play:

Turn 1:
Necrozma uses Photon Geyser
Noivern 100% → 1% (activated Focus Sash)
Noviern sets up Tailwind

Turn 2:
Noivern uses Draco Meteor (it's super-effective)
Ultra Necrozma 100% → 70%
Noivern 1% → 0% (Noivern faints)
Send in Arcanine (Intimidate lowers Attack)

Turn 3:
Lono uses Outrage (it's super-effective)
Ultra Necrozma 70% → 40%
Necrozma uses Power Gem
Arcanine 100% → 0% (Arcanine faints)
Send in Primarina (Holding Choice Specs)

Turn 4:
Primarina 100% → 2%
Primarina uses Moonblast
Ultra Necrozma 40% → 0%
Ultra Necrozma faints

(Battle end)

There you have it, on my third try I defeated Ultra Necrozma with a combination of items and setup moves. I'm curious to hear how all of you defeated Ultra Necrozma, as it was by no means an easy fight. @LittleFoxS and I were chatting about, and even an experienced trainer like him took three attempts as well to surpass the Dragon/Psychic-Type. Be sure to let me know how your fight went in the thread below, and keep an eye out for a special post going live on Monday. Wink

Thanks so much for reading, everyone! Battle onwards, friends!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

I SR until I got off Quick Claw+Light Screen from Malamar then switch into Decidueye and use Ghost Z-move+Spirit Shackle. It was the best I could do because my team really had nothing else to beat it with.
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
I kept on SR'ing until my primarina landed 3 moonblasts and dogged photon geyser 2 times
I kept giving my ampharos roto boosts and x special defenses to the point that a photon geyser didn’t do crap. Then I hit him up with a few signal beams and he fainted. I know it’s extremely cheap but theres only so much you can do when you keep getting KOed by a Pokémon that is ten levels higher then all your Pokémon.

Question Time!
What level were your Pokémon when you battled ultra necrozma? Mine ranged from 50 to 52
O
(Nov 26, 2017, 05:57 AM)Hatonacat Wrote: I kept giving my ampharos roto boosts and x special defenses to the point that a photon geyser didn’t do crap. Then I hit him up with a few signal beams and he fainted. I know it’s extremely cheap but theres only so much you can do when you keep getting KOed by a Pokémon that is ten levels higher then all your Pokémon.

Question Time!
What level were your Pokémon when you battled ultra necrozma? Mine ranged from 50 to 52

Around level 55
(Nov 26, 2017, 07:07 AM)moo311 Wrote:
(Nov 26, 2017, 05:57 AM)Hatonacat Wrote: I kept giving my ampharos roto boosts and x special defenses to the point that a photon geyser didn’t do crap. Then I hit him up with a few signal beams and he fainted. I know it’s extremely cheap but theres only so much you can do when you keep getting KOed by a Pokémon that is ten levels higher then all your Pokémon.

Question Time!

Around level 55
54-57 roughly
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda