Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[IMPORTANT] Hey YOU take some time out of your for this
If you haven't heard by now, we are currently in a fight with the US Congress over Net Neutrality. Net neutrality is the principle that Internet providers like Comcast & Verizon should not control what we see and do online. In 2015, startups, Internet freedom groups, and 3.7 million commenters won strong net neutrality rules from the US Federal Communication Commission (FCC). The rules prohibit Internet providers from blocking, throttling, and paid prioritization—"fast lanes" for sites that pay, and slow lanes for everyone else.

You do NOT want this to stop.

Comcast, Verizon and AT&T want to end net neutrality so they can control what we see & do online. First, they want to gut FCC rules in a December 14 vote. Then, they plan to pass bad legislation that allows extra fees, throttling & censorship.

More information here

SIGN THIS PETITION

Please support Net Neutrality because if we lose it, we'll never get it back
OU MASTER RACE
It's not AS bad as you all make it out to be. The UK's got this sort of thing, albeit a bit less extreme. I'm not saying I support it, though. Good luck in this "war for the internet" as it's being called.
SCP Foundation - Secure. Contain. Protect.

My trade shop - V2.3
@TheAlmightySancho boi
OU MASTER RACE
Signed! We cannot those fascists take away our internet!!!!!11!!11!one!!1!1
Just voted. Thank you @Kris for bringing this up. This is a gigantic issue. We will prevent it, though.

666th post is this bad luck
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Hmm, if that net thing is going to start, no one will be able to use internet anymore?
@Drangor2 certain sites will be restricted and you will be forced to pay extra to access them
OU MASTER RACE
Even for other internet providers like Bell, which I use?  Undecided
@Absol - lutely! Actually I don't know, I'm personally not from the US so I'm not sure what providers the FCC covers. But don't look glum, a lot, I mean A LOT of people protested against it yesterday and have convinced 5 members of congress to vote against it. Just hoping that the protests weren't for nothing. We'll find out tomorrow.
OU MASTER RACE