Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] [OU] Boredom

like the title says i was bored and made this psyspam team. got some decent success with it and i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions to improve and i also wanted to share it.

[Image: hawlucha.gif][Image: tapulele.gif][Image: alakazam-mega.gif]
[Image: ferrothorn.gif][Image: toxapex.gif][Image: landorus-therian.gif]

teambuilding process:

started out with hawlucha + tapu lele since i wanted to try hawlucha out with another tapu instead of tapu koko and i figured lele would make a cool partner for hawlucha as its an excellent stallbreaker thats weak to offense while hawlucha is a great mon against offense that struggles vs stall.

mega zam was then added to forma psychic spam team as it is also a mon that if pretty effective vs offense but less useful vs stall, which complements lele pretty well. furthermore, it shares its counters with lele, so they can weaken those counters until they are too weak to handle both, allowing zam or lele to potentially clean up.

i didnt want to go on an hyper offensive route with this team so i figured i'd add a solid defensive backbone to the team. i also really wanted spikes to help out lucha and zam cleaning up and thats when ferrothorn + toxapex were added. ferrothorn provides spikes support and toxapex can asborb toxic spikes which is crucial since i dont have hazard control on this team.

for my last slot, i needed a more reliable ground immunity than hawlucha, an electric immunity to prevent tapu koko from spamming electric attacks mindlessly, a scarfer and stealth rock, and of course only one can provide that much role compression: landorus-t.

sets:

[Image: hawlucha.gif]

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Roost

hawlucha is the main wincon of the team. its really hard for offense to deal with it since once it gets unburden activated and a swords dance boost, its basically impossible to revenge kill unless the opponent has something like mega pinsir, weavile or mamo, but even then psychic terrain blocks quick attack/ice shard. the moveset is pretty standard, roost is cool since it allows it to not care about defensive lando-t and keep setting up on it. the evs are made to outspeed +2 volcarona while also speed creeping the standard hawlucha spread, allowing it to win lucha vs lucha matchups more easily. unfortunately it does struggle against bulkier teams, which is where tapu lele comes into play:

[Image: tapulele.gif]

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Taunt

tapu lele is the stallbreaker of the team, since the combination of its raw power, access to taunt + psyshock and good typing allows it to beat most variants of stall fairly easily. fightinium z is there to weaken or kill opposing steel types like heatran that would usually come in on tapu lelel or mega zam, making it much easier afterwards since you can kinda just spam psychic terrain boosted attacks until you win unless they have a dark type. moveset is pretty self-explanatory.

[Image: alakazam-mega.gif]

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

second win con of the team, its high speed makes it very good against offense and it appreciates lele taking care of steel types and weakening their shares checks and counters. the 3 first moves and the evs are standard, but i've been having a hard time deciding what should be the last slot; i tested energy ball to copy swift swim and revenge kill swampert, knock off to help out vs chansey, psyshock as another way to beat chansey and other fat sp def walls, calm mind and sub, but i ended up choosing dazzling gleam so sableye doesnt get a free switch in into zam. better ideas for the 4th slot would be very appreciated!

[Image: ferrothorn.gif]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

ferrothorn is the first member of the defensive backbone of the team and is very useful since it gives spikes support, which hawlucha and mega zam really enjoy. moveset is really standard, i did test thunder wave over knock off for stuff like shift gear magearna and volcarona that would try to set up on ferro but knock off support seemed overall more useful in most cases. i opted more a more physically defensive set instead since i already have a sp def pex for ash gren, and koko is still handled well by this set. the 4 evs in speed might look useless but they're there to speed creep mega sableye, so if you get in a very specific scenario where you are up vs a mega sableye so weakened you can kill it with power whip, you wont have to risk the speed tie and will kill it. probs useless but might as well have that in the back since 4 evs don't really matter.

[Image: toxapex.gif]

Toxapex @ Payapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

toxapex is mainly there to be fat and annoying to check ash gren, mega diancie, mega scizor, 90% of the tier and other threats. ironically enough this team doesnt have a really solid lele counter so payapa allows it to eat one hit, scout the item with the damamge dealt, toxic lele and then switch to the appropriate switch in. payapa is also useful since pex now has a chance to beat psychium z volcarona with toxic + haze, a set made to beat toxapex. the 8 speed evs might seem useless but once again its useful; reuniclus usually runs 44 speed evs to outspeed pex, but with my pex spread, you outspeed those reuniclus and can haze off the calm mind boosts. otherwise the set is very standard.

[Image: landorus-therian.gif]

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

like i said before, i needed a more reliable ground immunity than hawlucha, an electric immunity to prevent tapu koko from spamming electric attacks mindlessly, a scarfer and stealth rock, and lando was thus the perfect fit. very standard set except for stealth rock. having rocks on a scarfer is definitely not ideal but im not sure where else i could fit rocks on this team (feel free to suggest something though, very open to changes). its pretty useful as it gives speed control while also being a fairly bulky pivot. moveset is very standard.

threats:

biggest threat by far to this team is hp fire koko since my best answer to koko would usually be ferrothorn, though i can at least revenge kill it with lando or zam. tapu lele and tapu bulu have also been annoying when i played them, but otherwise i havent got any unwinnable matchups with this team yet.

importable: http://pokepast.es/f054c5df8890e4a5

would greatly appreciate any feedback/suggestions/changes, thanks for reading Smile

sorry if there are any big spelling mistakes or sentences that dont make sense, am very tired and english is hard
Cool team, can Encore be an option for Alakazam? Lock Sableye into Will-O-Wisp or something, and lock Chansey into a move, I dunno xD
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
(Dec 23, 2017, 06:05 AM)PerchPond Wrote: Cool team, can Encore be an option for Alakazam? Lock Sableye into Will-O-Wisp or something, and lock Chansey into a move, I dunno xD

well it cant encore sableye because of magic bounce but locking chansey into soft-boiled or something could be fun, will try out, thanks for the idea!