Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Starting My First Nuzlocke! (COMPLETED!!)
(Apr 6, 2018, 08:34 PM)0kamii Wrote:  

Thats probably the most appealing part of the idea of a Nuzlocke, being the challenge of it. Its so high stakes compared to a regular playthrough and it really makes you adapt your playstyle. I'm excited to see the payoff for the emotional investment

Breeder Scott - Proud Member of the Amethyst 0mega Breeder's Guild

Looking for breedables? Check out my new shop
@ScottyThunder 

My first challenge is my Ultra Sun Egglocke which due to life keeping me busy and me deciding to spend more time breeding for everyone here I still haven't made much progress with. However I have finished the water and fire trials now and things are looking good for my Team, I have started to struggle to decide whether I should swap any of my Pokémon for the other eggs as they hatch since I really like my team members.

My MVP has to be my starter, Spike, a Togedemaru. Steel type helped it run through the first island with no issue and even took on all of Hala's Pokémon while only taking a total of 3HP damage from it's 68HP health-pool.

I am always afraid of losing Pokémon as I get too attatched to them, I ended up doing soo much training to make sure that all of my team is high enough that I can avoid Potential KO's. (I don't have the records from my laptop for Hala's battle but for my first trial Spike was lvl 18!)

I wish you the best of luck with your nuzlocke, it will be fun to see how you fare  Tongue

So I did a Wonderlocke of Moon once and it went really well. I had a few deaths but nothing too harsh. Im planning on an X Monolocke soon but my 3DS that I did all my Pokemon stuff on, including Pokebank, was lost so thatll be pushed back.
                                        I ΔM DŌVΛ
@ScottyThunder Wow! This is going to be SO interesting! Please keep us updated on your progress!

I've been planning this suicide Pokemon mission for some time now: a 'Firelocke' on Red (VC). Oh man, with Gen I mechanics and Brock and Misty in the first two gyms this is going to be insanely hard. But it will be a cool challenge too. Unfortunately, I have been busy with the dex completion in Ultra Sun recently so Black Waterfall's Mission: Impossible will be on hold for a little while.

Thanks for the tag! Tongue
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
(Apr 7, 2018, 07:00 AM)Black Waterfall Wrote:  

@Black Waterfall Oh jeez, that's gonna be legendary! With gen 1 crit mechanics and neverending list of broken crap in those games, I cant imagine a run like that being easy. 

Completing the Dex in US has been my top priority since I beat it, since I kinda want to Shiny hunt some Wormhole legends, mainly Ho-oh. I'm at about 66% right now, and it's been so tedious, what with the GTS being practically useless considering people only want level 100 legendaries.

If you ever get around to doing that Firelocke I'd love to hear about. I'll be sure to update my progress as often as I can!

(Apr 7, 2018, 06:19 AM)Dova Wrote:  

@Dova Oh wow, sorry about your DS man, that's gotta suck. I can relate tho, someone stole my copy of Heartgold I'd had since the game released, which contained my first ever team from Fire Red, not to mention the countless starters, shinies and legends from the previous generations that had all been moved up. People suck

(Apr 7, 2018, 01:10 AM)Tenebris_Kane Wrote:  

@Tenebris_Kane Egglockes always looked super interesting since you can get pretty much anything on your team. I've been doing quite a bit of grinding to ensure that my babies don't die, but I'm so scared. I hate releasing Pokémon :P

yeah, but I challenge you to do a Badgequest Nuzlocke
OU MASTER RACE
(Apr 7, 2018, 08:05 AM)Kris Wrote: yeah, but I challenge you to do a Badgequest Nuzlocke

@Kris  I would 100% go insane doing that. I can't even comprehend how people can be patient enough to do badgequests, and losing them after they faint would probably kill me

@ScottyThunder 

Just a suggestion but you can always go the memorial route with a nuzlocke/egglocke and instead of just releasing the Pokémon you can have a PC box labeled R.I.P where the Pokémon can be memorialised and remembered, never to be used again..