Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Hello
Hello, I am just starting off on this site here. As the name states I like hunting shinies. The current games that I play are pokemon go, pokemon lets go, and my favorite game of all time was Heart Gold. I am 28 years old! I am from PA! I also enjoy watching the Anime.
(Jun 16, 2019, 05:08 PM)ShinyHunter0818 Wrote: Hello, I am just starting off on this site here. As the name states I like hunting shinies. The current games that I play are pokemon go, pokemon lets go, and my favorite game of all time was Heart Gold. I am 28 years old! I am from PA! I also enjoy watching the Anime.

@ShinyHunter0818 Welcome to the community! You will love it here!

I'm your resident Fire-type enthusiast --- Heart Gold is one of my favorite titles too, but I'm currently playing the VC Gold version to catch a HA Ho-Oh and Entei! (I'm 29 and I live in PA too XD)
 ~ Always ready to fire up the party! ~ 
I havent played the VC due to not having a working 3ds, but I heard they are fun. Entei is one of my favorites. I remember in heart gold finding a shiny one which really got my love for shinies going. If you tell me you live near pittsburgh this is going to get really wierd. (is it just me, or is this not a very active site?)
(Jun 17, 2019, 02:03 PM)ShinyHunter0818 Wrote: (is it just me, or is this not a very active site?)

It's not just you. :-p But don't let that discourage you! I know I check in regularly, for what it's worth.

Anyway, welcome new member! Make yourself at home.

I've never played HG/SS, but only because those carts are pretty rare nowadays, and very expensive when they can be found at all. I once planned to go pick up a copy I'd seen a few times in a Game Stop I visit, only to find that it was gone by the time I got the cash together. Though unlike most people, I'm not particularly enamored with Johto; so I'm not actively hunting this one down. Still, I'd buy a copy if I came across it again.

I'm sure I'll see you around, if you're interested in hanging out here; so until then: Happy Hunting!
(Jun 18, 2019, 01:10 PM)DrumminBeard Wrote:
(Jun 17, 2019, 02:03 PM)ShinyHunter0818 Wrote: (is it just me, or is this not a very active site?)

It's not just you. :-p But don't let that discourage you! I know I check in regularly, for what it's worth.

Anyway, welcome new member! Make yourself at home.

I've never played HG/SS, but only because those carts are pretty rare nowadays, and very expensive when they can be found at all. I once planned to go pick up a copy I'd seen a few times in a Game Stop I visit, only to find that it was gone by the time I got the cash together. Though unlike most people, I'm not particularly enamored with Johto; so I'm not actively hunting this one down. Still, I'd buy a copy if I came across it again.

I'm sure I'll see you around, if you're interested in hanging out here; so until then: Happy Hunting!

Thank you! I hope this site livens up some!
(Jun 18, 2019, 07:29 PM)ShinyHunter0818 Wrote: I hope this site livens up some!

Agreed. Maybe with the introduction of a new generation, we'll see a lot of activity. Of course, looking around at the community today, spirits are pretty low for the introduction of Pokémon Home and the implications surrounding that. We will have to wait and see what happens, as events unfold...
(Jun 19, 2019, 02:53 PM)DrumminBeard Wrote:
(Jun 18, 2019, 07:29 PM)ShinyHunter0818 Wrote: I hope this site livens up some!

Agreed. Maybe with the introduction of a new generation, we'll see a lot of activity. Of course, looking around at the community today, spirits are pretty low for the introduction of Pokémon Home and the implications surrounding that. We will have to wait and see what happens, as events unfold...

My hopes are not very high for these new games. I misshe national dex, and I believe these new games are just going to push away it. 
(Jun 17, 2019, 02:03 PM)ShinyHunter0818 Wrote: I havent played the VC due to not having a working 3ds, but I heard they are fun. Entei is one of my favorites. I remember in heart gold finding a shiny one which really got my love for shinies going. If you tell me you live near pittsburgh this is going to get really wierd. (is it just me, or is this not a very active site?)

@ShinyHunter0818 Well, I live in Pittsburgh! XD 

I know the community hasn't been very active as of late, but I second DrumminBeard, it is a great place! I hope you'll stick around to see it getting lively again.

OMG, you found a shiny Entei? That's the dream! Did you manage to catch it?

I'll miss the national dex too, but, as you said, the Gen 8 games look very promising. Let's see how it goes.
(Jun 21, 2019, 07:59 PM)Black Waterfall Wrote:
(Jun 17, 2019, 02:03 PM)ShinyHunter0818 Wrote: I havent played the VC due to not having a working 3ds, but I heard they are fun. Entei is one of my favorites. I remember in heart gold finding a shiny one which really got my love for shinies going. If you tell me you live near pittsburgh this is going to get really wierd. (is it just me, or is this not a very active site?)

@ShinyHunter0818 Well, I live in Pittsburgh! XD 

I know the community hasn't been very active as of late, but I second DrumminBeard, it is a great place! I hope you'll stick around to see it getting lively again.

OMG, you found a shiny Entei? That's the dream! Did you manage to catch it?

I'll miss the national dex too, but, as you said, the Gen 8 games look very promising. Let's see how it goes.

@Black Waterfall  I live in Mckeesport, but I work in the city.

I did catch the Entei, Eventually. That was many years ago. 
That was the only Shiny legendary I have ever caught!
(Jun 24, 2019, 08:10 PM)ShinyHunter0818 Wrote: I live in Mckeesport, but I work in the city.

I did catch the Entei, Eventually. That was many years ago. 
That was the only Shiny legendary I have ever caught!

@ShinyHunter0818 I never been there, unfortunately. I haven't been in PA since long, I moved here in January. I went to Kittaning a few months ago, and I saw a wild bear climbing a tree! We were in a car just passing by the road. It was awesome, a crazy "A wild Teddiursa appeared!" moment. Too bad it wasn't a shiny one!